Why Do You Like Pokemon and similar games

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Wujigege, Nov 24, 2019.

1. jingsen

jingsen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find that childhood nostalgia plays a pretty decent part in this case, where pokemon was one of the best games to play before the era of smartphones and the proliferation of game application available to the masses. Even with all these entirely new generations of pokemons and regions, the appeal of training up units to help you fight against others, rather than improving your personal power attracts me to the game a lot. Plus, the game don't revolve entirely around a plot, but is still something that you uncover as you progress.
    Did I mention that the characters are still cute without being over sexualised with fan service that panders to the thirsty people? Marnie FTW btw:pikablob::pikablob:

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You did know that you added a photo of Detective Conan right? :blobamused:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you prefer a picture of this one instead?
    [​IMG]

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I expected a picture related to Pokemon

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Meowth can learn HM01 Cut, so it can be considered HM Slaves, back in the old day Bibarel and Tropius become the famous HM Slaves... everybody need slaves

OceanMagix likes this.
  6. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Let us analyse what I said, shall we :facepalm:?
    You see in here I was talking about pokemon, (the first season, below is the intro)

Now, at this point, I added a comparison that just like pokemon, Detective conan was one of the animes that I watched as a child, but unlike pokemon that recently ended (ash finally became a champion, and the pokemon franchise is moving on to 'higher' levels in a sense) Detective conan is still going slowly with no sign for the ending being anywhere near (according to some online news, it will go on till 2021 :blobsweat_2:)
    However, if it is a picture of pokemon that you want, then here it is
    [​IMG]

Wujigege likes this.
  8. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it because it makes me feel how it's like to own slaves that do my bidding back when it was a thing

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    For the stories? It is an RPG after all. No different to Digimon/Persona/Shin Megami Tensei. Pokemon is the sole game where I am not being completionist honestly, due to a lot of event-only pokemon and trading pokemon.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    I too, didn't like Pokemon games much, maybe because i only owned a PSX in my childhood, so i'm more of a Digimon and Monster Rancher kid back then.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to like them when I was a child. I can't stand playing them now. They're just way too grindy to enjoy playing. The fact that there'll never be a Pokemon game on PC unless Nintendo shuts down is also another factor.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. netish

netish Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I started playing with red and blue, and have played them all up to but not including the new pikachu/eevee or sword and shield. I've also played conquest and rom hacks people have made. I love the collecting aspect of them - for me it was like collecting stuffed animals, and my particular favorites were the ones I kept in my team and battled with. Sometimes it annoys me how now the EV and IV training/breeding is so easy, and I start going "back in the day..." but at the same time I can understand why they wanted to make it more accessible.

Wujigege likes this.