Discussion Rant about LITRPG

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by perspherspley, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    So what is with the Authors of LITRPG with their stacking up or not distributing the stat points and skill points or any other points their character has like in these following LITRPG Play to Live, Way of the Shaman, The Dark Herbalist, Viridian Gate Online, and Mirror World?
    It makes me feel like stats points and skill points in these stories are irrelevant since they can play, kill, and be awesome without distributing these points.

2. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno.
    but I think the autor try to hit in some realizm
    aka lets not spend a very important points that can change our future on useless stats that may make me into a dinner of a little stronger monster in about a week.
    especialy when i'm doing fine and can spend this points probably in instant if its a dire situation and if I get a good skill that kill everything when I have more int than then but I invested everything into str I will cry
    edit:and if the novel isnt realy game like (aka you cant kill this wabit cause it have bigger lvl than you) and more realistic (this wabit have bigger lvl than me but sharp sword is still sharp) then it makes sense that stats arent everything

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know those novels, but some litrpg authors want to prove how OP the growth of the character is, so they might skip that part (distributing points) or ignore it till worthy challenges arrive to use them

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    All the novels I mentioned is a VRMMORPG where level matters, take, for example, the MC in Way of the Shaman already have unused 1000 stats point saved where he is keen on saving them up for who knows up to when.

The Series I mentioned is where the Authors keep showing their unused stat points and skill points whenever they show their status screen so it is really annoying seeing it every time as a reader.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I don't think I've ever read a LitRPG or Gamelit novel in which stats made any kind of sense or followed a logical progression. Which is an obvious result of the authors writing a story instead of, y'know, designing a video game.

I will say, though, that I get why someone would want to hold on to their stats instead of immediately investing them. Often, it's a matter of waiting to make sure what your options are before you make an irreversible mistake.

Sordahon likes this.
  6. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistic answer is that it's probably too hard to make an entire stat system and keep it consistent.
    Wish fulfillment answer is they are saving them for when they need them, like me save scumming in RPGs before each NPC/event, only investing the bare minimum to get past stat checks since it gives you wiggle room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.