Discussion God of High School

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Dydreamr, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Dydreamr

Dydreamr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody else completely understand GoH? I think I understand it, but it's gone in so many different directions since it started that I'm scratching my head. How a series about a martial arts tournament turned into what it is now I'll never know,. This latest chap was really something.

2. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I got lost around chapter 100. You know, the early stages

3. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from the get go it was never truly about a martial arts tournament. It was about the Monkey King. The martial arts tournament was just the beginning. In many situations, I didnt grasp it early, but it was alluded to often. Especially when Mori had first started in the tournament. They talked with his grandfather, and his grandfather laughed his ass off, saying that if they attempt to hurt his grandson, he wouldnt even need to act. Later on mori was nearly stabbed in the heart, and his aura spiked outward. Not to mention that weird thing he ate earlier, which had no effect on him except making him a bit hot, yet others would burst and die from it.
    Now its started to move even more towards the gods and the humans granted gods powers, its gotten increasingly more abstract I will definitely admit, though I guess it is somewhat feasible. Gods, to truly find immortality, utilized humans, gifted humans with powers ect ect. One of the samples escaped, harbored hatred, now wants his own ragnarok.

4. Nabcake

Nabcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I signed in for a high school fighting tournament, ended up getting some weird ass fantasy fighting shit. Still enjoyable but it is all over the place.

5. Lao

Lao Languid

Reading List:
    Link
    The God of High School is actually a lot more complex than it comes off to be.... the author planned everything out from the start and just drew the story.
    I'd like to explain it..... but I forgot about a lot of the stuff because of the slow updates and because the author is such a pro at making someone else the mc, that I'm just skimming through the new chapters waiting for Mori Jin's return

6. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Im still able to follow, basically jin mori is son goku and mori hui is a clone that can think for itself.

7. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've hated the plot since Mori Hui became the MC. I partly read novels for their main characters, and I got sick and tired of waiting for Mori Jin to come back. Now I just sort of briefly scan through new chapters to see when he will come back, and ignore the rest since it's not very compelling to me.

LordCorwin likes this.
  8. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no way he planned it all!! : I think the author is waiting for an enemy that is bad$$ enough for Mori Jin to fightl but who knows with this author. It's been over two years since the MC was part of the story.

9. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    GoH powers kinda went like this IIRC: martial arts > super powers > super power dbz shit > discount stands > broken god powers

As for plot: tournament > blue hair baddie eats all the things > MC power up extravaganza > broken god fights > MC disappears > tournament harder > fighting broken gods with broken shit > fighting broken god's experiment kid that fooled all the fools with some tricky broken power shit

Zuiya XDX, Fierbras and Dydreamr like this.
  10. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect explanation. :D

11. onehitnokill

onehitnokill [Greater Derp Assasin] [-1000 Kills]

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading it a couple of chapters after the cow god thing came cause I got so confused that my brain almost burst, I might re-read it again though since I enjoyed it even if it was kinda hard to understand.

12. Scar

Scar {The Dark Wolf} {Defier Of Fate}

Reading List:
    Link
    If only it stayed at crazy martial arts *sigh*. Another potentially good Manhwa ruined