Discussion Is 'The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time' a cuckold series?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Minarett, Nov 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    Chill out. People can have different opinions.

MonkeDanana, Fluffums, kenar and 2 others like this.
  2. Nessle

Nessle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wait for the good stuff to come from the raws,some weirdsh*t will happen

3. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc he's still 12. That's why I dropped it coz' the author didn't give the readers a time skip. It just became a SIMS like novel with all that fluff and world building.

4. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, since when is death mage a NTR story?
    Van was a toddler when basdia got pregnant. And it has to do with ghoul society, a species that literally isn't human and doesn't even have the concept of marriage.
    Even if she had sex, it was treated more like she got artificial insemination, a procedure to be done real quick and out of the way to get a kid. Which Van used as research in order to help ghouls actually get pregnant and have that pregnancy come to terms. It's more or less accepted that when van becomes 12-13, THEN he'll start doing stuff with his harem.
    It's weird to explain without the context, but this novel couldn't get more fluffly or eldritch if it tried.

unclebebby likes this.
  5. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um... if you say "cuckold" meaning that Zaldiris and Basdia fucking other gouls to get pregnant then yes, but if your definition of "cuckold" is that all females should stay virgin until Van fucks them first then no, it's not cuckold.

I don't actually understand your question. Are you reading this series expecting it to be smut? Are you reading a smut Deathmage series AND NOT TELLING ME ABOUT IT? RELEASE THE KRAKEN OF DEATHMAGE HENTAI!

Edit: Also, now I'm straight up imagining what happens when Van has sex with any of the girls. He can literally transform himself similar to various species (arachnid and the mantis) and also just function as a vehicle for tentacle, vore, or pretty much every single fetish, all at the same time since he can clone himself. When Vandaleu discovers his libido the kingdom may be destroyed.

6. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc was 2 or 3 and she was trying to get pregnant long before the mc even showed up to stop her aging. and only got pregnant after the mc showed up so that she could stay young looking long enough to be fuckable for the MC when he is old enough to actually engage in those sot of actions.

7. XenoC

XenoC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I would like to note that there isn't actually any NTR there~

You need to understand that on ghoul society in the story there is no concept of marriage, dating or anything like that
    It's a society with sexual liberty where romantic relationships doesn't actually exist.
    In fact besides the bond between mother and daughter they lack any other sort of bound be it romantic or familiar.
    And thus you can't say that she is NTRing him because there is no relationship to be betraying in fact.

The very fact that she and zadiris waits for van later is already something rly big.

Basically what I want to say is:
    Calling what happened as NTR is the same as accusing someone from Egypt of infidelity for having more than 1 wife (on Egypt polygamy is allowed by law)

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I am aware. Doesn't make it better, though

9. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there don't say that if you remarried after your first wife you might get killed by her so even if polygamy allowed but the people don't allow it until the marriage is a business ones with no love and Egypt is a hellhole so who the fuck have spare brain cells to marry another one

10. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a lot of people in denial here, this is clearly cuckold and the people who enjoy the story are green hat cucks. Fact.

11. cartman-un

cartman-un Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, you just have to shutdown your brain cells during the cuckold scenes. Aside from that, the series is pretty solid

GDLiZy likes this.
  12. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    From reading these comments, I felt thankful that I didn't pick this up. Like wow, what a story... :blobwoah:

13. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    To begin with, I absolutely despise most of sexual stuff that Japanese authors love so much (NTR, various forms of rape etc.), but I think everyone is a bit exaggerating. It is truth, that this novels does no follow "pure virgin" harem cliche, but for the most part its nowhere as bad as it may look. At worst, its JP WN version of Game of Thrones. Lets separate this story into 2 parts: plot and sexual content.
    When it comes to an actual plot, it is pretty decent for JP WN. Not much to comment here.
    As for sexual content, this novel is "very free" about it. Personally, I would describe it as a realistic description of middle ages if it had magic. There are a few things that need to be mentioned. First, when most of stuff that was discussed here happened, MC was like 1 or 2 years old. 2nd, for ghouls society, it is also normal.
    Frankly speaking, there are worse things when it comes to harem members in this novel. For example, there were plenty of girls who were raped (and some killed) by someone else before meeting MC, some already had children, were slaves and prostitutes or something bad along these lines have happened to them. In addition, many of the harem can be categorized as undead, so the very concept of harem with them means necrophilia.

14. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No? The ghouls don't have marriage customs and sleep around until they have a child. The mother usually raises the child and no one knows the who the father is. They are an endangered race with horrible fertility. Plus, they are actively hunted down by humans. They do what they have to do so they can survive. Their main diet includes a fruit so horrible tasting no other race will eat it.

15. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole "ghoul society" thing just sounds like a device for the author to introduce ntr into the story

16. addarash

addarash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all pretty much passed by me while I was reading. It didn't strike me as something of real note or given any focus in the story. I don't know if it would pass a strict interpretation of "NTR" but it didn't register to me as such. Since it was of no relevance either way, I'd say it's better for people agonising over this to just read the story and see how they like it, instead of twisting themselves into knots.

17. MonkeDanana

MonkeDanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is split into 2 opinions. People who's okay with their partner to slept with another and people who's not.

18. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhuh, fiction=reality. Got it.

19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Possibly but not likely considering how minor it is in the series, really the ghouls are more a society of non committed relationships which prevents NTR since it needs that commitment. It is more sexual liberation with a justification for it being a necessity, and as an easy way for Van to improve their lives.

There are really only like small number of ghouls who can be considered harem candidates, of the ones older then Van most are either just I want you to knock me up in the future (so not a real relationship) or dedicated to him from the start (like Zadris). Someone who has becomes a harem candidate sleeping with someone else has occurred in only 1 case, and at that point she was technically not even a full member (being in the "I just want your kid" camp at that point). Most of the ghouls were offering friends with benefits and no commitments relationships, other then the few former humans (like Tarea and Kachia) committed relationships and attachments are not even in their mentality. NTR and cuckolds both REQUIRE committed relationships, which most of the ghouls were not offering, and pretty much every harem member introduced after they handle the Orcs and leave the Devils Nest/forest does.
    It does not, Basdia is not offering a committed relationship at that point, just asking him to knock her up in the future, NTR requires it to be one.

20. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when does ntr require a committed relationship? I've seen many hentai with ntr tags where all that happens is the girl that the mc likes gets with some other guy.

It doesn't matter whether such a relationship is moral or not, it's the feeling that it elicits in the reader that counts.

The idea of potential love interests or people the mc has had sex with having sex with other people is probably enough to satiate people who are into ntr and turn people who are disgusted by ntr off.

Also, I've only read the first few chapters of the manga a long time ago, but isn't the whole premise that he gets cucked out of his identity and the girl he likes by some doppelganger? The fact that that is the premise of the story is more evidence that the author is into that kinda stuff in my eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.