[Poll] What personality type is your ideal Celestial companion?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 26, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which personality Celestial would you choose as your companion?

1. The Inspector – ISTJ Personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Counselor – INFJ Personality

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. The Mastermind – INTJ Personality

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. The Giver – ENFJ Personality

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. The Craftsman – ISTP Personality

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. The Provider – ESFJ Personality

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. The Idealist – INFP Personality

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. The Performer – ESFP Personality

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. The Champion – ENFP Personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The Doer – ESTP Personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Supervisor – ESTJ Personality

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  12. The Commander – ENTJ Personality

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  13. The Thinker – INTP Personality

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  14. The Nurturer – ISFJ Personality

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  15. The Visionary – ENTP Personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. The Composer – ISFP Personality

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  17. I would refuse to pick a Celestial companion and transmigrate alone

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  18. I would randomly pick a Celestial companion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I would pick the most physically attractive Celestial

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  20. I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  21. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Another light-hearted poll for today! Anyone familiar with KonoSuba should be able to recognize this setting.

You got hit by Truck-kun and series of very unusual experiences occurred.

Specifically, you will be transmigrated to an isekai universe, but you get to bring one Celestial (divine being) with you as your companion. The Celestial will be powerless in the new setting, but having a companion is better than nothing, right?

There are sixteen Celestials that you can choose your companion from.

For some bizarre reason, each of the Celestials correspond to an MBTI personality type:

A. The Inspector – ISTJ Personality
    At first glance, ISTJs are intimidating. They appear serious, formal, and proper. They also love traditions and old-school values that uphold patience, hard work, honor, and social and cultural responsibility. They are reserved, calm, quiet, and upright. These traits result from the combination of I, S, T, and J, a personality type that is often misunderstood.

B. The Counselor – INFJ Personality
    INFJs are visionaries and idealists who ooze creative imagination and brilliant ideas. They have a different, and usually more profound, way of looking at the world. They have a substance and depth in the way they think, never taking anything at surface level or accepting things the way they are. Others may sometimes perceive them as weird or amusing because of their different outlook on life.

C. The Mastermind – INTJ Personality
    INTJs, as introverts, are quiet, reserved, and comfortable being alone. They are usually self-sufficient and would rather work alone than in a group. Socializing drains an introvert’s energy, causing them to need to recharge. INTJs are interested in ideas and theories. When observing the world they are always questioning why things happen the way they do. They excel at developing plans and strategies, and don’t like uncertainty.

D. The Giver – ENFJ Personality
    ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They are extroverted, idealistic, charismatic, outspoken, highly principled and ethical, and usually know how to connect with others no matter their background or personality. Mainly relying on intuition and feelings, they tend to live in their imagination rather than in the real world. Instead of focusing on living in the “now” and what is currently happening, ENFJs tend to concentrate on the abstract and what could possibly happen in the future.

E. The Craftsman – ISTP Personality
    ISTPs are mysterious people who are usually very rational and logical, but also quite spontaneous and enthusiastic. Their personality traits are less easily recognizable than those of other types, and even people who know them well can’t always anticipate their reactions. Deep down, ISTPs are spontaneous, unpredictable individuals, but they hide those traits from the outside world, often very successfully.

F. The Provider – ESFJ Personality
    ESFJs are the stereotypical extroverts. They are social butterflies, and their need to interact with others and make people happy usually ends up making them popular. The ESFJ usually tends to be the cheerleader or sports hero in high school and college. Later on in life, they continue to revel in the spotlight, and are primarily focused on organizing social events for their families, friends and communities. ESFJ is a common personality type and one that is liked by many people.

G. The Idealist – INFP Personality
    INFPs, like most introverts, are quiet and reserved. They prefer not to talk about themselves, especially in the first encounter with a new person. They like spending time alone in quiet places where they can make sense of what is happening around them. They love analyzing signs and symbols, and consider them to be metaphors that have deeper meanings related to life. They are lost in their imagination and daydreams, always drowned in the depth of their thoughts, fantasies, and ideas.

H. The Performer – ESFP Personality
    ESFPs have an Extraverted, Observant, Feeling and Perceiving personality, and are commonly seen as Entertainers. Born to be in front of others and to capture the stage, ESFPs love the spotlight. ESFPs are thoughtful explorers who love learning and sharing what they learn with others. ESFPs are “people people” with strong interpersonal skills. They are lively and fun, and enjoy being the center of attention. They are warm, generous, and friendly, sympathetic and concerned for other people’s well-being.

I. The Champion – ENFP Personality
    ENFPs have an Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Perceiving personality. This personality type is highly individualistic and Champions strive toward creating their own methods, looks, actions, habits, and ideas — they do not like cookie cutter people and hate when they are forced to live inside a box. They like to be around other people and have a strong intuitive nature when it comes to themselves and others. They operate from their feelings most of the time, and they are highly perceptive and thoughtful.

J. The Doer – ESTP Personality
    ESTPs have an Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceptive personality. ESTPs are governed by the need for social interaction, feelings and emotions, logical processes and reasoning, along with a need for freedom. Theory and abstracts don’t keep ESTP’s interested for long. ESTPs leap before they look, fixing their mistakes as they go, rather than sitting idle or preparing contingency plans.

K. The Supervisor – ESTJ Personality
    ESTJs are organized, honest, dedicated, dignified, traditional, and are great believers of doing what they believe is right and socially acceptable. Though the paths towards “good” and “right” are difficult, they are glad to take their place as the leaders of the pack. They are the epitome of good citizenry. People look to ESTJs for guidance and counsel, and ESTJs are always happy that they are approached for help.

L. The Commander – ENTJ Personality
    An ENTJ’s primary mode of living focuses on external aspects and all things are dealt with rationally and logically. Their secondary mode of operation is internal, where intuition and reasoning take effect. ENTJs are natural born leaders among the 16 personality types and like being in charge. They live in a world of possibilities and they often see challenges and obstacles as great opportunities to push themselves. They seem to have a natural gift for leadership, making decisions, and considering options and ideas quickly yet carefully. They are “take charge” people who do not like to sit still.

M. The Thinker – INTP Personality
    INTPs are well known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic, which makes sense since they are arguably the most logical minded of all the personality types. They love patterns, have a keen eye for picking up on discrepancies, and a good ability to read people, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. People of this personality type aren’t interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

N. The Nurturer – ISFJ Personality
    ISFJs are philanthropists and they are always ready to give back and return generosity with even more generosity. The people and things they believe in will be upheld and supported with enthusiasm and unselfishness. ISFJs are warm and kind-hearted. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people’s feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others.

O. The Visionary – ENTP Personality
    Those with the ENTP personality are some of the rarest in the world, which is completely understandable. Although they are extroverts, they don’t enjoy small talk and may not thrive in many social situations, especially those that involve people who are too different from the ENTP. ENTPs are intelligent and knowledgeable need to be constantly mentally stimulated. They have the ability to discuss theories and facts in extensive detail. They are logical, rational, and objective in their approach to information and arguments.

P. The Composer – ISFP Personality
    ISFPs are introverts that do not seem like introverts. It is because even if they have difficulties connecting to other people at first, they become warm, approachable, and friendly eventually. They are fun to be with and very spontaneous, which makes them the perfect friend to tag along in whatever activity, regardless if planned or unplanned. ISFPs want to live their life to the fullest and embrace the present, so they make sure they are always out to explore new things and discover new experiences. It is in experience that they find wisdom, so they do see more value in meeting new people than other introverts.
    Note: You have absolutely no information about what kind of setting you will be entering, and you will be obtaining zero cheats.
    1. Which personality type would you choose as your companion? Why?

2. Do you prefer to hang out with people with similar personalities as you?

3. Or do you think it is good to pair yourself with someone who covers your shortcomings?

4. If you had a powerless Celestial accompanying you, ideally what kind of person would they be?

5. Would you rather experience a transmigrating setting alone, or together with someone that you don't know very well?

2. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason when I was reading the types I remembered the sequences of lord of the mysteries :sushi_chubby: and thinking of "them" as celestial "beings" I got scared, none of the above I'd rather be alone :sushi_chubby:

Kind Uncle Next Door likes this.
  3. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    the milf one

4. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably The performer because I'm a very shy person. It would be a relief to have a kind and caring individual take lead in all social interaction.

Uhm, no? My friends had to badger me to socialize...I can't imagine doing so myself. I'm much more open and comfortable online. I tend to get along with patient and caring people the most.

3. Or do you think it is good to pair yourself with someone who covers your shortcomings?

Yes, in part...that's why I chose the performer.

4. If you had a powerless Celestial accompanying you, ideally what kind of person would they be?
    Kind, caring, capable and reassuring.

5. Would you rather experience a transmigrating setting alone, or together with someone that you don't know very well?
    [/QUOTE]
    It depends on what the setting is. If it's ancient china, then please- let's suffer together. Maybe we can be sister concubines ! ! Or if male, they could marry me and let me live my life without trouble~

lychee likes this.
  5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care. I just want a companion to fill this empty void called my worthless existence

Arash1 likes this.
  6. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably and IFSP. Because there are two shared points and two differing points. Enough to have common ground, and enough to challenge or restrain each other. Doesn't hurt that of the personality types it seems like one of the most likely to be receptive to the experience in general and also willing to form a partnership as opposed to push the burden of leadership to me or try to unreasonably take on that role.

I tend to prefer people different from myself to some extent.

Yes.

If I'm going to have a powerless companion with me, the thing I want most is someone I could spend my life with. Not knowing the exact situation of the otherworld what I would want most is someone I could trust and rely on, and who would be open to a romantic relationship. I mean I know I could stumble around finding a partner in the other world but there would be the issue of always lying or risk telling the truth, neither attractive options to me, so having a chance at that out of the gate would be the biggest possible benefit to any of the celestial companions.

Depends on the situation and if I have a choice in who the other person is. In the given scenario I made a choice, but with no say I might prefer to go it alone.

7. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm taking F. The Provider because that personality would be a good partner to hang out with when in a strange, new environment. He can also keep the attention away while I work behind the scenes.

Not really, because I like to get to know all types of people to keep things interesting.

Yes, since we can depend on each other to cover up for each other shortcomings too.

The outgoing social butterfly

Depends on how bad we clash. Those stern and hot tempered person or scheming backstabbing teammate can bring you down. If it's these types of people, then I rather go alone.

8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's nobody I get along with better than my sister, so I want to take someone with her type. But I don't know it, so... Based on those descriptions, I'm going to guess that she's ISFP, the Composer, and take that one.
    The Performer and Champion also don't sound too bad, though, since they're extroverted but also warm and kind people.

I'm supposed to be INFJ from all the tests I've taken, so I think I need someone who's extroverted/good with people to balance me out, or we're both going to have a bad time. But I don't like people who are insensitive or logical to the point of basically being a robot, so...

I think I actually like really outgoing and naturally friendly people. It's hard for me to get close to people on my own, so I need people who will rush headfirst towards me to get past my barriers and not mind my hesitation so much.
    Most of my lifelong friends are introverts, though, because I liked people more like myself when I was younger.

A little difference is good, but not too much. People who try to use the whole "logic above emotions no matter what" stuff will just never get along with me, and I will probably always want to get shot of them.
    I also need people who care about and are perhaps sensitive to the emotions of others, because I refuse to be friends with a bully, and they could probably really use those intuitive skills when they're trying to interact with me.

But someone who's naturally good with people and who likes to take action, rather than just pondering all the time, helps me out a lot.

Someone I can get along with. If they don't have any powers anymore, it's better just to be able to be friends and help each other out.

With someone else... Two heads are better than one, and we can support each other emotionally. Undergoing trials together will also help our bond grow, so being strangers to start with doesn't matter.

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am unsure. But your poll led me to finding this page and I wanted to share it so here:
    "What Sets You Off, According to Your Myers-Briggs Type"

*pastes link*
    *Looks at url*

Wait, what the hell?
    I didn't see anything like that in the article itself, so maybe it's just posted there or something.

orematcha likes this.
  10. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    MILF MOSTLY
    what is ISF? International sex friend?
    and ISFP?

11. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Per-suh-na-li-ty? Wut dat? Isn't the true isekai way is to brainwash everyone?

12. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as she is a Celestial Wizard, whichever of the personalities on that list that describe Lucy (Fairy Tail) would be my ideal celestial companion.

13. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isfp, as an intp I want someone who understands my dislike of people but also because they are still outgoing, far more connected to the world than I am. (and my best friends personality matches up very well with that one) I am noodlish and negative most of the time and someone out going and warm is always good to offset my more critical thoughts.
    I feel like having a companion with a better knowledge of something I don't understand as well, like emotion or social interaction would be very important or vital as to keeping me from throwing myself off a cliff when I get too bored.
    Nope, while it's nice to meet up with someone who understands me and reminds me I'm not alone I'd prefer to meet up with others who are different from me, not only because I find the difference in perspective but also because I tend to admire people who know how to express what they know, whether it's the fact that they understand what another is going through or just simply being able to approach someone and speak to them as it were natural.
    It's not really much about my shortcomings and while having a friend who lives to organize and is overprotective and has a strong understanding of my lack of memory as well as sense of direction without immediately seeing these things and condemning me to the role of weirdo or fool.
    I don't care much if someone can cover for my shortcomings mostly because I just like company, I like someone who will converse with me even if they don't truly balance out my more extreme habits.
    Someone who doesn't cry often, I don't know how I would react to someone crying especially if they do it repeatedly the more logical side of my mind would immediately become exasperated and would most likely end up belittling their feelings and making the situation worse, and while I don't want someone who bottles it up inside I don't want someone I'd end up hurtingggggg.
    Someone patient, because I can really test the patience of others with my antics and my all-nighters that have no purpose whatsoever other than to make myself so tired that the day that comes will seem like nothing but a blur to me. Hopefully someone who is outgoing and bold about their desires because I am a doormat in every sense of the word, I have no charisma and having a companion who would be able to fix a situation if my communication skills and horrible topics end up offending someone.
    I can't usually stand up for myself, though it's not really a matter of pacifism, it's more a matter that I can't really bring myself to get upset to the point where I would actually react, being bullied or insulted myself has never been a catalyst for my anger which is why the mistreatment I get usually ends up getting more and more daring, so someone who'd force me to do something about it would be niceeee
    With someone, if I were in a world alone I'd probably be very irresponsible, sell myself to the first buyer and probably end up getting my organs harvested because I'm stupid. OR I'd get really curios about this new world and die a horrible death exploring it, I probably wouldn't ever get a legitimate job and just starve to death by the time I've realized that I haven't eaten in about 3 days,
    With another person I'd feel more obligated to try and survive and be some sort of assurance, another person would give me reason and motivation to plan ahead and get over my shyness and dislike of people. This way I'd be able to establish a nice life between the two of us and of they're someone like the type of person I mentioned before then they'd be able to make sure that I don't die horribly unprepared in the wilderness lost and alone somewhere lol

14. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm INFP, so the most compatible would be ENFJ. Outer needs to be opposite to provide for each other's weaknesses, and inner needs to be the same so we have the same world view and understanding.

15. Nitpicking Reader

Nitpicking Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I can't find lord fifth :/ no need to speak of the meat jelly D:

16. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would choose the one that can smile back at me, knowing that if I choose them, they will be sent into the mortal world powerless. MBTI is a broad category that doesn't determine intelligence, background, quirks, morals, mental issues, interests, or anything really besides a basic personality and how the brain processes information. My parents while both ISFJs are vastly different people. My ISFP brother and the INTJ me both get along with one parent better than the other, not because of their MBTI but the way they communicate with us. I would even say I'm my parents' favorite child but according to the MBTI that doesn't happen, ISFJ and INTJ personalities clash greatly. I don't want to rely on something as vague as the MBTI. A person that can smile at me won't resent me for choosing them. At worst, they are planning something or they are too naive to know what the mortal world is like. I'll take my chances. I'd rather not get stabbed in my sleep the night we arrive.

If they can make up for my faults I would prefer a companion. However, if they are useless and unwilling to learn, dragging me into problem after problem because they don't learn from their mistakes and jump before looking like a typical xianxia harem member... ahh I think I would hate them. Is intelligence too much to ask for?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  17. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I know Konosuba, that's why I would rather not bring such useless celestial with me

18. Loislalion

Loislalion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay Facebook
    The Provider. The name alone is self-evident. I don’t need someone telling me what to do, but having a cheerleader wouldn’t be too bad.

I prefer people with personalities that compliment mine.

Hmm. Why not let me suffer from my mistakes.

Cheerleader.

Being with a stranger is basically rolling the dice, but having someone who knows my situation is still better than nothing, so the latter.

19. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    None, I don't think a person can me simplified into one of these categories, since I feel like I'm almost half of them. And if someone were, they would feel like a predictable robot.
    I've never met anyone with a similar personality to me. So I guess not?
    I honestly don't think I have any shortcomings... I'm a very balanced person, I can look at my inner self honestly, I can be a sociable, and a leader, I can be creative and see patterns. I can understand the hearts of people. But I don't really like doing anything more than anything else. I can see the value of it all.
    Anyone who isn't easily offended or assumes something deserves more/less than it actually does.
    I would rather do it alone. I honestly think I would get more done.

Edit: Shit, I'm the craftsman.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Ahmya likes this.