Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I have theory on Yulan at the 1st timeline. Now we know that he was an illegitimate child and his relationship with Cladia, I daresay he couldnt done anything.

He isnt in a position to do anything. He wasnt a favored son and he was illegitimate. He could appeal to Claudia but back then, they dont look look like they have a sibling relationship at all. Claidia mentions that Yulan is indifferent to him and maybe Yulan did ask for his help but Claudia got annoyed with 1stVio's actions and said whatever. Plus 1stVio's actions toward Maryjun might have concluded in Claudia's mind that 1stVio should be better (which makes him a hypocrite)

Its speculation but that what I think happened.

Ang3Blue likes this.
  2. LunadeSelene

LunadeSelene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers from the latest chapters of raw novel.
    I read with MTL that MaryJun told Violet she likes Yuran and Violet didn't like this?

3. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the only thing I could confirm: Vio really likes Yulan. She met him when she was cross-dressing as a boy and they become friends. She is holding back her feelings because she was scared that her relationship might end with the one with her parents.
    and yes Yulan is yandere is for her.

Re:Maryjun. I think this is a ploy. Maryjun sees that Vio sticks to Yulan do she tries to separate them by becoming friendly to showing an interest in YUlan. Basically, she is also a yandere who hates a fellow yandere. If this case, I have my popcorn ready.

Anyone who want to place their bets on who is the better yandere?

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you want to add the maid into the list?

5. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so were no putting MJ in the Yandere for Vio barrel ? isn't that 3 people now ? lol ~ As some still think she is the white lotus of the series too

6. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I... actually find that thought to be utterly hilarious. The heroine after the villain reincarnates isn't her love rival for the ML, she's the ML's love rival for the villainess. But yeah that sounds about right for Maryjun's character: she genuinely loves her sister but is rather oblivious to the problems she causes. That would feel realistic to a coddled child wanting their sibling all to themselves.

I also find this ironic because at this point Claudia's technically the healthiest relationship Violette could get into. Like, Yulan (childhood friend route) is very fixated on her and with how much he seems to put her on a pedestal I don't think it'd be good for either of them to jump into it at that point. Maryjun (otome route) seems to be on a similar boat if what you're theorizing is true, and as much as MJ loves her, I can't see them being fully functioning sisters until she stands up for Violette. Don't get me wrong, Violette has some genuinely good points for not wanting to be with him, but to the very least I want her to have at least ONE relationship with someone who's relatively emotionally level-headed.

Edit: Also a bit of an unpopular opinion: I don't really wanna see Violette end up with Yulan, at least until he develops more as far as I'm concerned. I've never found Yanderes all that appealing (with exceptions like Yuno cause she's badass, Yan-Chan, and Kiyohime for her backstory), and I'd much prefer characters in relationships with more balanced and even dynamics rather than just "obsessively in love with you", or "MC is completely oblivious to the other Love interests".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    haweii likes this.
  7. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I wasnt surprised that Maryjun will be a yandere coz when you take the bit of spoiler that she was trying to gain Yulan's interest, I was pissed coz she was like your typical heroine who was picking guys left and right .

It is ironic but this might be something that the majority of the audience might missed coz they are pissed at the prince bcoz of Mira's actions. At the very best, I would like Vio and Caludia to be on speaking terms coz she might need some backing to kick her father in the curb. Not necessary Maryjun if she steps up.
    Another unpopular to yours. I really want Vio to go the nun route. It's an extreme decision but I would like to see how those yanderes and other characters will react. I know this will sink love ships but I never really cared about that. ;)

Mikaa and Ang3Blue like this.
  8. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm personally not adversed to solo routes either. Though wasn't the whole her wanting to be a nun thing actually rather serious? I think it was something along the lines that she wanted to be a nun because she believes she won't find any love in her situation so she'd rather live in relative isolation (and not bother anyone again) rather than live in a cold upper society?

Apparently it's not treated with the same gravity in the manga atm, but I think it's a case where they make something seem like a joke in one moment and then turn it on its head later by making it turn out to be much more serious later on, (harsher in hindsight i think) and I really love it when stories do that.

Jukki likes this.
  9. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna pop in here and say how hilarious of a failure the Prince's plan to have alone time with Violette seems to be going to. Like, he got rid of Yulan which is a step but his biggest obstacle is standing right next to him. Violette herself said that she's gonna have to divert a lot more attention to Maryjun after she joined their study group and since Maryjun's as clingy as she is the Prince's chances of getting her out- not to mention Vio is gonna have to talk with her more to avoid getting in trouble with her father- are straight up nil.

nielyti likes this.
  10. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bakarina seems to have become the starting series for people who read Otome based novels, and i imagine that with the future anime, a lot more people will do the same.

Anyways, from what i hear, the version i started with, the manga, is the best, i don't know, i like the idea of Violette and Maryjun getting closer and becoming actual sisters while the novel seems to make Maryjun someone hard to root for...somehow, even if she was the one and only person that didn't want Violette dead and visited her in prison.

Still, one thing seems to be the same in both versions, the father is a jerk who was likely traumatized or angry at Violette's mother and takes it all out on his daughter, a daughter he apparently never visited, tried to talk to, or even tried to take with him when he ran away despite knowing his first wife was abusive and insane, he doesn't even try to talk to Violette to see how her mother treated her, no, he just dissapears to be off with a woman he likes most and raise another kid while seemingly forget he even has another daughter until, you know, his first wife dies and he suddenly can live in a mansion.

Not only that, but when talking to the daughter he purposefully left behind with an abusively insane person, he just acts cold to her and can't stop accusing her of being terrible or talking about how his favorite daughter is great, again, he says this to the daughter he abandoned and only came back to because of a better house, no wonder the maid hates the guy, or that Violette doesn't even pretend to like him, the guy is just a jerk.

Oh yeah, he does everything thinking she is just as bad and insane as her mother, and...well, she did harass Claudia and try to kill Maryjun, but, on the other hand, if that's the case, then why is he bringing his family to live next to someone he thinks his dangerous and will gladly bully his favorite daughter, after the first party, he doesn't even consider that Violette could have been innocent and i doubt anyone told him the truth, but i guess the idea that he could have, i don't know, contributed to his daughter being awful by being a lousy father never enters his mind apparently, oh no, just leave your kid with the woman who was so awful you ran away to have any chance of being happy or living, and then act like it's all her fault for everything when you didn't even raise her, seriously, the guy never even asked how her life was by herself with her mother, the guy could come across some boy clothes and just be confused because i don't believe for even a second he bothered to ask the maids or anyone about Violette and what she went through in the years he was away.

The more i think about it, the more i want him to make another disparaging comment about Viollete assuming she was bullying Maryjun only for Maryjun, his favorite daughter, to get mad, punch him in the face and yell at him, that seems like the most shocking and devastating thing that could happen to him, but i doubt it will happen.

11. RAGA

RAGA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I don't mind yanderes much, so I'm quite hoping she'll go the Yulan route, myself, but agree that I would rather he be more emotionally matured beforehand. BUT, for purely entertainment purposes :blobowoevil_horns::blobpopcorn_cool:, I do really want to see a yandere vs yandere "battle" between him and Maryjun first. :p:D

12. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    And the original ML is in the corner with no idea of what is going on...

13. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Add the maid too, please.

Siblings can sometimes get too attached to you. In this case, MJ just take it to another level, lol.

14. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that Marin will more than happy to team up with Yulan and they kick off Maryjun. Marin-san is the best yandere in everything.

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 89 Affirmation that someone is lying (i.e the most depressing chapter ever)
    - Violet has an absolute nervous breakdown. Marin is by her side trying to help her calm down
    - Violet has a revelation that she's in love with Yulan
    - Violet's inner monologue is the most depressing thing ever. She talks on how she doesn't have the ability to make anyone happy - only misery awaits the person she loves. Even when she wanted to make the shitty Prince happy she only succeeded in making uncomfortable and annoyed. She flashes back to her cross-dressing days on how she did everything she could to make mother happy and succeeded only in making each other more miserable.

Dobokan, takerin37, Shenate and 24 others like this.
  16. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I call Marin as healthy yandere? Because despite her yandere tendencies, she's just want THE BEST for Vio. It's sweet when she think 'as long as she's happy everything is okay'.

17. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DETAILS PLEASE

Mikaa and Ang3Blue like this.
  18. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I loathe yanderes in general but I will throw an exception for Marin. For the beginning she was the only one who gave genuine love and concern to Vio through thick and thin. I am willing to bet that the Duke might have fired her so that Vio won’t have an ounce of support and it might have triggered Vio to go down spiral in the original timeline. Marin is the only only one who saw and cared for a child she doesn’t even a blood relation with. She stepped in for a abandoned kid whose only fault was to be a product of a miserable marriage. Utter and major props to her.

19. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh finally someone has picked up this novel again. I have high hopes that soon there'll be more chapters fully translated and many a spoiler confirmed :D

20. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, does anyone ever tell her dad he is not a great father or that he is a big jerk to one of his kids?
    Does he ever indicate he knows what Vio went through with her mother after he left at least?
    Or that in this new timeline, Violette has so far done nothing wrong, hasn't attacked Maryjun at all, hasn't bullied her, hasn't complained about him or the fact he went home for the first time in a long while with his new family and yet he insists on acting like his daughter is exactly like her mother?
    God, i hope the maid tells him to shut up and finally notice that(in the new timeline) she is acting nothing like her mother but he's too much of a jerk to notice.

Volublekoala965, Mikaa, Jukki and 2 others like this.