Spoiler Miss not so sidekick

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by earp, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

and here the MC thinks that Arwin should apologize to monster, since he was worse than them lol..

and I'm so happy, recent raws show that it seems Arwin will have more screen times.. fufufu :blobpopcorn:

karls, Khalala, SnowDragon04 and 8 others like this.
  2. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I buy if people saying Ibelin is a nice girl, but understanding.......:hmm:hummm she doesn't strike me as a girl who can see through someone's trauma and heal them (like other heroines in other manga). She seems kind of......self-centered :blobunsure:, if I may say so. No general nosiness to dig people's hidden background and trying to understand them (and then healing their trauma, damn shoujo mangas ruining me with overdosed trope:blobflag:). That......that means she just had lucky guess and Arwin falls for her like that?? :blobastonished: (but then again, Latte also mention that comic!Ibelin seems 'off' compared to novel!Ibelin :hmm:she seems expecting comic!Ibelin to be kinder and confused when fails to respond in kind)

Or, since he's from slums, maybe Ibelin giving money to poor boy from slums generated a lot of affection points? he had harsh life (and probably ruthless) because he's from slums - so maybe that one act of charity earn her a big brownie points :blobokhand: (though he's pretty ruthless to pickpockets (who also from slums) and general villains (those shoulder swindlers):blobhero:

since monsters cannot teleport (well, none that we see so far:blobdog:) - he's far, far, far more dangerous than them :blobowoevil_horns: (not to mention he can directly teleport into the castle, which supposedly protected by barrier). Somehow, I also think that Arwin want/needed to be feared for a bit. No, fear might be too strong of a word, but higher than respect? He pretty much snapped when Ibelin told him to treat Latte more gently since she's her friend (itself is right thing to ask:blob_plusone: Ibelin earn brownie point from me on this :cookie:, but might come across as 'she's my friend, therefore you shall treat her like what I told you to' which can comes of as commanding)....and considering the princess roselia herself is being imploring :sushi_sorry: with him on her bodyguards case (which case #2 he snapped too, because they're sending killing intent :blobspearpeek:-> didn't respect him and directly challenging his strength :blobcurse:-> eliminate:blobcat_hyper: ........it seems we indeed to be cautious when dealing with him.

though Latte's image of psychopath!Arwin killing people indiscriminately over any little thing seems bit too much overboard? (like imagining him killing the crowd on singing contest ground so they can get better spot). The ruthless thing seems when he caught Bishot, but that's because he make serious mistake in producing defective scrolls (can be fatal if counted on life-and-death situation, not mentioning that Latte is a girl:notlikeblob:). Wish Latte can less scared of him over time :blobsmilehappyeyes:(and then progress to romance :bloblove:)

Well, she's shaking him on that singing contest (that's quite a bold contact, Latte, but I guess you're too shocked :blobdizzy:) when Arwin said her moon goddess is boring :blobsalt:and Arwin response 'I'm prettier' PFFFTTTT HAHAHAHAHAH, are you jealous? jealous? are you telling Latte to pay attention to you instead? :blobnom: I can't never have enough of cute moments like this from this baka couple:blobmelt:

3. Alegria Jones

Alegria Jones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some spoilers about the novel(on a another website but i forgot it's URL so i'll edit it in when i remember and i'm hoping the webcomic is like it but correct me if i'm wrong)

It was said that Ibelin was grown up loved. That the reason she was so kind and nice to everyone was that she was used to being praised. Any small act of kindness she did got her praised. She was so used to being the centre of attention that when she wasn't the centre of attention she would get MAD.... like really pissed〈remember when Ibelin would show a cold expression sometimes in the webcomic? where Latte commented that it wasn't like the Ibelin from the novel(The flower of the beast?)? yeah she was not imagining that...

She even confornted Latte about it too. How Latte took everything from her demand Latte to return everything.〈what does that even mean!?!〉How Latte stole the princess who was supposed to be her(Ibelin's) friend and she hates HATES how much 'her' fishes are not paying attention to only her but to also Latte. Her breaking point(that convinced her she had to "tell"〈more like demand stuff that wasn't hers(Ibelin's)in the first place〉 Latte to return everything she took from her(Ibelin's) was when the second(Kenndeth〈the knight〉) and third(Arwin)〈the wizard/magician Aka our ML 〉fishes slip from her grasps.

Too which Latte gave her a lecture on how the world doesn't revolve around her, how people can't be considered things or toys and can't be given away, how unlike she(Ibelin) thinks she is NOT the main character of life and how life will not stop if she's not there but will continue to move forward. And from that moment they were no longer friends.

these are from the novel so it might not be accurate....
    If anyone wants me to add stuff that happened with the other characters i can

EDIT: i've found the URL of the website and theres more stuff about the characters https://novelsformy.blogspot.com/2019/01/miss-not-so-side-kick-lots-of-spoilers.html

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    woah Ibelin, didn't think it'll be that bad :blobfearful:

I meant, bit of jealousy is one thing. I meant, if she fall in love with Arwin and want to steal him back, it might be usual shoujo love triangle drama plot:blobpopcorn_cool:. But for not being in love with him, yet still demanding 'everyone not allowed to pay any attention to anyone but me!' = that....that was......kind of warped :blobfearful: (even Peridot more gracious by saying Latte can pick the leftover since she'll only take the Prince :blobcat_knife:

Arwin choosing Latte over Ibelin is very, very obvious :blobsmilehappyeyes:(would like to see if Ibelin ever trying to 'win' Arwin back, like she do to princess........uh, is this ever happened?:blobastonished: are there drama over it??:blobpopcorn: somehow I don't think Arwin will change his mind even if she did:blobsmirk:. It's not like he saw her dancing/singing ->totally moved to tears at her beauty :blobnosebleed:-> so Ibelin just need dance/sing prettily again and win him over, or something like that :blobsalt:
    However, for Kenneth to also slip from Ibelin's grasps? :blobdizzy:that's kinda a surprise. Latte is nice friend of course, but I don't think she's Kenneth's type (which seems to be 'perfect woman' like Ibelin:blobunsure:.........kinda understandable if he's liking demure girls that totally 180 from his crazy stalker fangirls:blobwoah:).

do you know when Ibelin and Latte breaking up happens before or after Peridot :blobdevil:is handled? (the latest chapter makes me kinda scared what would happened to Latte if she know Arwin fancied her :sweating_profusely:) Peridot believes Latte is Ibelin's friend so she's targetted, if they're not friends anymore, Peridot shouldn't have any use for Latte right? (of course that's if she doesn't see Arwin x Latte :blobnom:happening all over the place:blobnom:)

Oh, I have also wondering if there's mention about age of the characters? we know Latte and Ibelin is 18, and princess roselia is 17 but I forgot if there's mention of other character's age (I know Bishot 19, Esula is 16, and Arobrock 25, but didn't know the age of 3 fishes and Peridot :blobicecreamlove:

Ceilo27, syofiaa, Rosie77 and 9 others like this.
  5. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On Ibeilin’s romances with the fishes-
    I think it was all pretty doomed from the start. In the original novel-verse everything was catered around her. So while she never did anything particularly great, her mediocre acts of niceness were overly rewarded and treated like grand acts. She’s not cruel or anything, she just completely lacks empathy or genuine interest in others.

The interest from the prince was based on her being one of the few who didn’t show overt interest in him. Which is a terrible basis for a relationship. And I think it really stems from her being used to just sitting back and having good things drop in her lap rather than any superior moral fortitude. And later when attached to her side he was having to fight the other two for her, so it was really about the chase for him.

The romance with Kenneth is basically the same. With the girls he’s used to fending off as a basis, the bar was set REAL low and she looked great in comparison. But eventually he works out that she doesn’t see him as any less of an object than those other girls do, she just not overtly creepy and forceful. While his relationship with Latte isn’t at all romantic, she’s probably the first female to treat him like a person. She also shows some real understanding and sympathy with his plight, which I doubt the oblivious Ibeilin would ever do.

Lastly with Arwin, I get the feeling he’s not used to just hanging out with someone. He may not just indescriminently kill people, but he is violent and rose to power after a murder spree. His coworkers respect his power and skills, but live in abject fear of him. Pretty sure most people hold him at arms length out of fear, and only approach if they want something from him. No one just likes him. Ibelin will treat him normally, but only because of obliviousness and nothing bad ever happens to her (she’s always saved before she can actually suffer anything). Not because she can see through his outer shell to his good heart or anything. Meanwhile, Latte is very aware of the danger, but she’s still happy to hang out with him, and makes the same silly jokes she does with anyone. While she’s interested in his magic, it’s just because she thinks it’s cool and he’s cool for being able to use it. So, all around WAY more interesting than Ibeilin.

Basically, Ibeilin is a nice enough but fairly mediocre person personality wise, who is just lucky enough to be beautiful, talented, and have the narrative twist itself into a pretzel to put her in a good light. Meanwhile Latte is a spastic goofball, but she’s genuinely nice and surprisingly insightful to other people’s feelings. So with her around to be compared to, Ibelin suddenly doesn’t look as saintly.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    chuvalulu, Tjanie, talexus93 and 42 others like this.
  6. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I reread the manhwa again and think perhaps I'm too quick to judge Ibelin. I meant, yeah if we think again, she has reason to be a chronic attention seeker, whatswith being female lead for her whole life. And she's actually started nice and friendly with Latte before the whole people-paying-more-attention-to-Latte thing.

Even if it is, she doesn't exactly making an evil scheme to offed Latte or something (like Peridot does), she just continue to keep being female lead in her own pace (if any, it's actually Latte that insisting to hang around her and keep stealing the attention?)

she kinda crossed it when demanding Arwin and Kenneth back though. Your friend will be tying the know, and you....you demand him back to be your admirer? that's quite warped:blobastonished:

talexus93, Yukari_me, Ceilo27 and 8 others like this.
  7. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I did actually like Ibelin. It's not like she is purposely acting good. She actually is behaving honestly. Even when Arwin falls for Latte, other than that one instance of sudden temper where she spouts nonsense, she is pretty good. She doesn't bully, doesn't cry needlessly, doesn't get angry, doesn't commit foul acts.

On the other hand, Latte stalks her relentlessly (creepy actually).

And frankly speaking, where men fluttered around her like fishes (lol), one shark suddenly left without any indication. Whether or not she had feelings for him, it is natural to feel uncomfortable. If she was a little more mature, she would have accepted and moved forward.

But she is young! A child of mere 16/17 years only!!! Whereas Latte was a full-fledged, working adult in the previous world who has gone through various tribulations and circumstances! So she is supposed to be the mature one!

As evidenced by previous spoilers, Ibelin does mature eventually.

And no matter what, the Prince is a fucking bastard to be sooo in 'love' with Ibelin and yet take a concubine just coz he is not satisfied with 'some' parts of her character.

For me, Ibelin/ Latte/ Knight are good characters. Arwin and the Prince should just go away.

Arwin coz u never know when psychos like that decide to kill and eat your flesh to make sure u stay 'his' forever and ever. Ewww

8. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason of Arwin's violent temper is because he used to be bullied at a young age for so talented at using magic

9. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i cam across the spoiler on the korean wiki page or something like that
    Spoiler
    Is it true that Pedriot brother Garnet stab Arwin? If so why

Mikaa likes this.
  10. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much environment made psycho. I thought that's implied very clearly in manwha quiet early. What's this people reading...

Th.ay, ashc00, Leilacus and 2 others like this.
  11. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    ArwinxLatte aside, my favorite thing from this story is how Kenneth and Latte relationship end. I expect it will become love triangle with Arwin, but instead Kenneth become a friend for Latte. Kinda understand him, since Latte actually the first girl that respect his boundary.

12. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read around 40 chapter in one row at 1AM and I mostly only focus in Latte, I also don't like the fishing arc in the beginning since all fishes act like sht toward her. so excuse me for not having time and mind to read like you.

Anyhow Arwin is gonna kill Peridot and I like the way he kill her quiet a lot.

13. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, Ibelin is not really evil (like Peridot), she's just........not as saintly ultra very pure thought character that Latte insisting Ibelin supposed to be. Ibelin capable of jealousy and being mad as well, but Latte seems having difficulties seeing this is realities now and still saw this as novel-that-should-follow-the-script (prima example = Latte still insisting that Arwin supposed to love Ibelin even though he clearly shows he's not; always talking about fishery jailbreak, like they're 'characters' and not a person living, breathing, next to her)

Arwin = that's exactly it! He had very damaging formative years. His childhood is living in dog-eat-dogs slums and then he's taken by society that worship power and put him on that society's throne when he's just 15. I'm actually quite surprised he doesn't get to be worse (especially considering the mages society are, like, 'where do I sign to enter the tower ruled by this strongest lord? Yes I know he just killed quite a sum of mages - all by his own! in one day too! isn't that awesum??? now where do I sign?'). This kid never have anybody normal to relate to, no one able saying 'no' to him, and surprisingly still managed to be quite responsible (if a bit psychopath) tower lord by himself (instead of 'let's conquer and burn all the kingdom' conquest, the tower just........selling magical scrolls to get money, that's honestly quite tame for a crazy psychopath wizard lord).

to be fair, Latte spend 10 years of her life living in anticipation where the novel will be 'officially' started. And not to mention that she had touched upon this subject but dismiss it as 'well, Ibelin meet her three fishes 'coincidentally' wherever she goes, it's not a big deal if we just add one plankton!Latte to that'. And it doesn't really bother Ibelin, who seems quite liking Latte as her friend before she felt Latte stealing the attention originally for her (Latte didn't do it deliberately though, I meant who can foresee that Princess Roselia turned into bimor fans? or Arwin actually into comedians rather than pretty charming ladies?). As Latte fail to see people outside 'novel characters', I think Ibelin also kinda failed to see people other than 'supporting characters' to her story.

14. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the spoiler I got, Peridot doesn't have brother, but she orchestrated another holy-shit-are-you-crazy-like-wanna-die-crazy? scheme to offed Latte despite having notes that the Tower Lord is friendly with her. I think it insinuated that Peridot make that scheme because she's angry with Latte to reject the order to become her minion to betray Ibelin.
    Arwin is so shaken by this incident (and then goes psychopath raging that doesn't end well for Peridot) that I guess you can say Peridot just stab Arwin mentally.

Ceilo27, Niveis, Elphin and 20 others like this.
  15. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    So Peridot die in Arwin hands?

karls likes this.
  16. seabuckthorn

Reading List:
    Link
    sleep properly ok~

17. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep.

Ceilo27, Elphin, Azure_1802 and 4 others like this.
  18. seabuckthorn

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading new manwha chapter, half of Arwin's temper(and Gandalf's suffering) is from those dumb/strange minions in magic tower.....

19. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Ibelin is just...fine so far, just really damn boring as she seems mostly stoic and faking being a nice girl until the few moments where she gets annoyed, but none of her interactions with anyone seems deep or meaningful, mostly on the level of acquaintances.

From what i have seen in the webcomic, Arwin and Kenneth have interacted with Latte more and reacted to her and interacted to her on deeper levels, not so much with the Prince and even he now thinks of Latte as a quirky if annoying girl that is really not the typical girl that gets dumbstruck at his beauty, and it's why Arwin likes Latte more, after all, Ibelin even in the original story is apparently the kind of girl to care so little about her friends, society in general or such that she didn't even knew who Arwin was for weeks after meeting him, she doesn't seem to know or really care about anyone as the world seems to stop so that important people go through the trouble of telling her who they are.

She is just standing there by the side reading, though she does help people when the chance is presented, she doesn't strike me as evil, just apathetic and used to things going her way and people being interested in her, she is not at all like Peridot who arranges assassinations, insults and beats the people working for her and doesn't seem to love or try to understand anyone, the closest thing she has to love is Arwin, and according to Latte she wants to dominate him and thinks he will just fall for her and be her slave...which doesn't sound like Arwin at all.

Not that Latte is perfect, like people said, even after spending years in her new world, she still thinks of people as characters from a story even when they are shown to be deeper than she thinks or capable of making their own decisions that lead to different outcomes, but she does seem to be realizing this, and since she didn't come in trying to seduce the "fishes", she is finding them being quite willing to hang out with her or just casually mock each other.

20. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently, which is suprising since in the original novel that Latte read, it seems she wasn't killed even after constantly harassing and trying to kill Ibelin several times, even making her be betrayed by her one female friend, i am guessing Peridot starts harassing and tries to kill Latte for hanging with Arwin and since Arwin seems to like Latte more than he likes anyone else in the world, he snaps and kills Peridot with no mercy.