List Of Chinese Novels With Overt Racism/Nationalism

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Eishun, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also include I have a mansion in a post apocalyptic world.

2. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pray tell when was the last time China invaded Japan and killed over 20 million people?

3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    what's the incentive to be 'better' in your book? What if they feel that they have done their best?
    So what's if it is rude?
    Does it pays the bills? Does the author receive a paycheck after this?
    At the end of the day, its business and if you write a story (a fabricated one at that), most authors will take the cash and damn what's rude and what's not.

Both nations have a strong nationalistic streak so I dont really think they will ever settle in the future. As long as they keep their forces in their areas and leave my country alone, I dont really give a shit.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please reread what I wrote, again. Slower this time.

And if you're still unable to comprehend :blobneutral:, I've pointed out that the author could have put a mediocrum more effort into the villain's design so that they don't end up becoming a monster of the week.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  5. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Hidden Assassin

6. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has racism/nationalism? What's it about? I am about to try reading that, so I would like to know beforehand.

7. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been more than a year so I can't recall the exact terms, but there are tons of racism there and also rape. Oh boy, you're in for a treat.

8. Jojofann

Jojofann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically the Chinese and Japanese, you can't say they are Racist since they are the Northern Asian brood. You can only say they are nationalism lol.
    Racists sadly only exists in the West.

9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Point still stands...if I am the author, what is my financial incentive to better a character if the said character gets views and makes my work sell?

Sure I could designed it better but if it doesn’t have a payoff for me and my editor/publisher isn’t bitching at me, why would I bother? Designing a character for morality’s sake isn’t profitable and even trashy characters have a market...the same reason why these kind of works are still pumped out in China.

If monster of the week gives the work eyes and views and turn into profits, it is a good enough reason for some editors or publishers to make them as shitty as possible so people will hate them more and will encourage to buy. Nobody buys these materials for philoposhy nor critique and I think you already know that.

Asian here. The concept of racism is hardly explored in these countries because they are homogenous and share the same culture if not appearance. I get the nationalistic part since it is a almost a given for a collective culture but sometimes racism is a unique perspective for those here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  10. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    People aren't as stupid as you make them out to be. If you shovel shit, the readers will notice and laugh at your future attempts. Good job self-harpooning a work that you invested thousands of hours into if you can't distinguish it from the hundreds of other similar works.

11. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat related... (but it's Japanese content & not Chinese)

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comm..._controversy_surrounding_the_project/e07ks4h/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitWehrab...i/some_japanese_politicians_get_a_manga_that/

12. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I appreciate the view but you definitely never worked in publishing or a writing outlet. I think you’re aiming to the extreme end of creative writers like published authors like Martin, King, Rowling and anyone who struck with the mainstream public. For the rest, even with a creative idea, the work can still be lost among the millions.

13. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Good example. There is a reason why publishing has a PR and sometimes QA depts. The guy shouldn’t have been signed up in the first place and the company should have strict background check esp in today’s social media. The only PR thing to do here is to announce it was dropped.

In some cases, authors are gonna be dropped at the smallest hint of controversy proven or otherwise.

14. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    I have actually. And if you want the publisher to accept your work you have to put some thought into the story. Otherwise you get a, we regret to inform you that...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.