Discussion If you know you can go back to 20 years ago just once, How do you prep yourself?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by albab304, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Nachtlied

Nachtlied Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There will about 99 % chance nothing big happens like getting a head start or be financially independent and etc. With a slight change of experience but one will end up same as now i think. Since you just go back 20yrs ago for a one time opportunity. In case there is a 1% chance things can change. I would start building up knowledge in a form of an analogy image or such that allows my younger self to remember or to have a mind blown epiphany like and and then hope he goes with that gut feeling and do so. Like some said invest in certain things. Otherwise i don’t know how to bring my “now” memory to my “past” memory. OP said go back not go back as idk batman.

albab304 likes this.
  2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd die or boredom. No fast internet, no smartphone, no netflix, no AAA pc game, no playstation 2, no manga, no anime.
    Imagine having to wait 20+ more years for the ending of one piece. Kill me nao.
    Can i make money, sure. But whats the point. I'm too young at that time and the tech of the time is way way too old school.

Wujigege and Victor DoUrden like this.
  3. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? All the numbers would be different anyway...

4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Full heartedly agree... I need a good 37 years to make a true start of things xD

I'm to lazy to type up my response so I'll just copy paste my replay I've used for the last 5 threads this question was asked...

albab304 likes this.
  5. albab304

albab304 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the simplicity of it. No world domination. No harem building. Appreciate your view.

6. albab304

albab304 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. your idea is realistic. I mean, i don't think I can cram a bunch of knowledge right away. A sort of analogy image is a good way. Thanks

7. Loislalion

Loislalion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d read a book detailing all the amazing stocks in the last twenty years. Go back and get my mom to invest in all of them. I’d never drop out of Chinese school and apply myself at music. I would befriend my childhood bullies. I’d transfer to a nearby high school with an animation club. Maybe study a different major.

I would also memorize the winning lottery number near my adult birthdate. Get myself set up for university.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Sit in my mother's womb and wait to be born I guess

userunfriendly likes this.
  9. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best response in this thread!

userunfriendly likes this.
  10. mangoberry

mangoberry beatsaber is too addictive...

Reading List:
    Link
    wait for birth, become a child prodigy after 7 years of nonexistence, simple

11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    read Wikipedia, for a month. :D

:cool:

are you God of Cooking?:ROFLMAO:

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pray I die as a baby. Saves me a lot of cursing from the unneeded suffering and humiliating experience of knowing joy and sadness of a human being.

albab304 likes this.
  13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grey's Sports Almanac.
    For the non-millennials, it's this.

Or just print out a chart of the stock indices running 20 years. It'll be impossible for the SEC or any other regulatory authority to find fault with you since you'd be betting on indexes. And even if you win big, it'll be reaalllly difficult to cause a butterfly effect and change the outcome of trillions of dollars.

14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't much you can do. You can make some guesses on like which stock will do well or etc. But people underestimate the influence of butterfly effect. You investing money into a company or product that did well may cause overconfidence or someone who would have invested otherwise not to invest. Someone who should have been fired or hired not being so. The consequences are endless.

So sure, investing into something like Google or Amazon would better your odds of being successful, but nothing is guaranteed.

Truthfully speaking, I'll probably make some gambles on some companies but I have a feeling I'd be worse off overall due to how lazy I've gotten. Turning back time won't solve anything.

MrSplashy and albab304 like this.
  15. albab304

albab304 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was dark. Real dark. Like the alternate ending of
    The Butterfly Effect++++++++

16. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Lottery, probably force myself to remember the stock market from 20 years ago up to now though I'll probably only remember the Major ones while I go and use the Lottery Numbers of the past to win money. Invest on stocks, sell them, invest and buy BitCoins once it starts popping up and gaining traction once it's on the highest stock would probably sell all of it and make a game company and put at least half of the money I've earned on making a full-immersion VR headgear whilst making MMOs and games on the sideline and from stocks.