[Poll] You are a pregnant dragon...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

You're a pregnant dragon with a talking egg! How do you feel?

1. I'm male - This is amazing! I've always wanted to be a pregnant dragon!

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. I'm male - Awesome! I've always wanted to have kids!

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I'm male - Cool! My egg can talk to me! We can be friends!

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. I'm male - A talking egg sounds pretty useful; two heads are better than one

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. I'm male - Well, at least I won't be lonely

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. I'm male - Uh... what just happened? Hello?

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. I'm male - I feel really bad my egg because we're in for a tough ride

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. I'm male - This sucks... I don't want it watching me screw up...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - This is weird as heck

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. I'm male - I don't want to take care of an egg/baby...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm male - I don't want to be pregnant... but there's no choice...

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  12. I'm male - I hate this! But I'll deal with it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm male - How do I get an abortion?

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  14. I'm male - I'm going to kill myself

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  15. I'm unsure

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  16. I'm female - This is amazing! I've always wanted to be a pregnant dragon!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - Awesome! I've always wanted to have kids!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - Cool! My egg can talk to me! We can be friends!

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  19. I'm female - A talking egg sounds pretty useful; two heads are better than one

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  20. I'm female - Well, at least I won't be lonely

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  21. I'm female - Uh... what just happened? Hello?

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  22. I'm female - I feel really bad my egg because we're in for a tough ride

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  23. I'm female - This sucks... I don't want it watching me screw up...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - This is weird as heck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - I don't want to take care of an egg/baby...

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  26. I'm female - I don't want to be pregnant... but there's no choice...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I'm female - I hate this! But I'll deal with it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. I'm female - How do I get an abortion?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  29. I'm female - I'm going to kill myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  30. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_coffee::blob_coffee::blob_coffee: Dragon poll #4! And the baby fever is back again!

The Magical Girl of Mischief and Magic is on fire today! She's transmigrated at least a dozen different people into dragons, and you're next on her hit list!

This time, you have been transmigrated as a female pregnant dragon.

Critically, you have no memories of being a dragon, so you're clueless about what you're doing.

+ + +

Similar to Dragon Poll #3, baby dragons in this world spend seven years as an egg. One of those years is spent inside of the mother's body,

Recently after waking up as a dragon, a voice telepathically appears in your head:

Hi Mom! I'm your egg!
    At the time, you didn't even realize you were pregnant... Dragon's have very different anatomy from humans, and female dragons don't get a bulge or various anatomic difficulties from pregnancy. In fact, if your egg didn't talk to you, you would have never known you were pregnant anyways.

In either case, you are able to talk to your egg.

Your pregnancy will last for a full year, so you'll have your baby's voice inside your head the entire time.

Additionally, your egg has a 100 meter radius spatial sensing ability, so they are able to "see" and "hear" everything around you.

+ + +

After spending a few days with your egg, you quickly realize that your egg is as oblivious about the world as you are.

Dragon's aren't born with any innate knowledge, and most of it is developed from the Mom talking to her egg for seven years straight.

For instance, your egg will often say things like:

Hey Mom! What's that fluffy white thing hopping around?
    And you will respond:

That's a rabbit.
    Your egg will then ask:

Can you eat it?
    At which point you will often be befuddled because you aren't sure what's the "correct" way to respond.

Um... maybe? They kind of small. And fast. Not sure if it's worth the effort to chase.
    + + +

Incidentally, you've been really struggling with this dragon business.

You tried to fly after waking up but you weren't used to it so you dropped like a rock straight down a cliff, but luckily you fell through a canopy of trees so you weren't hurt. Eventually, you roughly figured out how to glide (with difficulty), but honestly you still aren't good with flying yet.

For the first month or so, you've been plodding around on the ground like a landlubber, and your egg is happily(?) along for the ride.

You're a little afraid of making a fool of yourself in front of your egg, but no matter what you do, you keep doing stupid things.

For instance, you chased a deer around in circles for two hours and didn't catch it.

You tried to breath fire but only smoke came out.

You also tried to focus your mind to use magic (somehow?), and the only thing that happened was that your egg said Ow! 』 and asked if you could not do whatever the heck you were doing.

You've been eating a lot of vegetables and berries but you're not sure if that's appropriate dragon diet.

Thankfully, you seem to be in a fairly remote section of the world.

You haven't spotted any humans, and you haven't spotted any dragons either.

You don't have a den or lair of any kind, so mostly you've been wandering around.

+ + +

What do you do?
    1. Would you tell your egg the truth about your background (e.g. being a human)? If you were previously a male human, would you tell them that you're more of a dad than a mom?

2. Do you think you could be a decent parent? Would you take care of your egg?

3. Suppose that one day you laid your egg and now it's outside on the ground. Your egg keeps telling you it's cold and it wants you to sit on it — and you can't walk away for more than five minutes without it saying it's cold. What would you do? Could you do this for seven years?

4. What is your general plan in this situation?

5. Would you raise your dragon egg with human cultural values? Or would you just do whatever?

6. How would you feel if you were the baby dragon and your mother seemed... very clueless and incapable?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    mir likes this.
  2. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you tell your egg the truth about your background (e.g. being a human)? If you were previously a male human, would you tell them that you're more of a dad than a mom?

I would make him believe that he is a dog. A sentient dog that somewhat takes the shape of a dragon.

Scrambled egg sound nice, if im not feeling a bit peckish. hehe
    3. Suppose that one day you laid your egg and now it's outside on the ground. Your egg keeps telling you it's cold and it wants you to sit on it — and you can't walk away for more than five minutes without it saying it's cold. What would you do? Could you do this for seven years?
    You can put it in your mouth or pouch.
    Step 1- Raise the dragon to around age 100.

Step 2- Nigerundayo Smoky

Seriously thats what natural for a lizard. Circle of life

5. Would you raise your dragon egg with human cultural values? Or would you just do whatever?

human cultural values? You are a dragon go kidnap some princess or burn some cities. Also build a horde of gold.

3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, good to see Lychee has recovered and returned to normal

lychee likes this.
  4. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It's the only way I can explain away my incompetency lol. And I am by no means a leader, so me and baby will have to form more of a partnership rather a dependant relationship ;_;

I'll take care of it and love it as much as I can ;v;
    I may be a dragon now but that doesn't mean I can't be a stupid doting mom ;)

Of course not lol
    I may not be smart but I'm not totally stupid! I can just gather supplies and make sure my baby is comfortable. Blankets and a suitable fire should keep my baby warm long enough for me to go hunting every now and then.

Humans have come this far because of their intelligence, ingenuity and ability to use tools! How stupid would I be if I didn't use my past life experience to my advantage :/

Raise my baby as well as I can. If I can't find other dragon's then I'll just have to raise it according to speculation. Sure I can teach it some of my morals/ideals but that's not what's really important. I need to teach it how to survive first and foremost. Which means I need to learn how to survive first T_T

But yeah. I'll tell it to avoid humans if possible, and that we should live together for as long as possible because then our chances of survival are higher.

A little maybe, but that's not the most important. I am well aware the structure of the animal kingdom is completely different from human society. Instead, I'll take wisdom gleaned from national geographic documentaries and random animal training tidbits I've learned to try to up my baby's (and my) survival as much as possible. It might not be instinctual for dragons to live in packs but this baby can be a valuable asset in the future if I'm looking at things rationally. We can watch each other's backs, protect each other if we're threatened by humans or our territory is being invaded by something else... like other dragon's who actually have experience! If dragon's truly don't live in packs then we mother-baby combo might actually be able to decently fight back. It'd be stupid for me to let it fly the coop so soon...

I mean, unless it's an instinctual thing to leave the nest and there are bad side effects like aggression and such.

6. How would you feel if you were the baby dragon and your mother seemed... very clueless and incapable?
    Worried about my mom and my future... But she is the only one I can depend on right now so I'll have to just live with it. Try to be as helpful as possible and make sure she doesn't do something really stupid (my life is on the line too). I'll have to stick with her at least until I'm able to leave the nest by myself... But even then the information I got from her will still be unreliable. T_T we'll have to learn how to be dragon's together

lychee likes this.
  5. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but I will mix truth and lies... Yes I will told egg I was dad and lost bet with mom and Force to Cary egg lol

Im neet, my knowledge came from internet and experience, also how the heck I can compare with other when there is no one?

Dig cave and hibernate or make a pouch

None, but first priority get used to new body and find metal

In isekai first thing you do throw your common sense away, yes I will teach egg way of mine

Just hope I can hatch safety

mir and lychee like this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

I laughed so hard at this! :aww::aww::aww:

Thank you!

mir and girisuherman like this.
  7. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How come there's no cooking it option? :(

8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

• Fuck yea I'd tell it. Its like hiding a secret for no reason.

• Yea Id look after the egg, I've raised 4 kids my guy.
    • Sure my guy. Its just sitting on a ....wait....sitting? Why am I, A DRAGON, sitting on a dragon egg. Shouldnt I be wrapped around it or somethin. Well whatever, Id still do it cause its my kid.
    • Hideout deeper within the area, head underground, or find a more isolated area cause I cant really trust people if Im a dragon.
    • Id teach it my values like not harming others unless threatened, equal rights is equal fights, common sense, and some other stuff.
    Well, Id just teach her while shed teach me.

I love ya babe

lychee likes this.
  10. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I'd tell them. I don't want them to think I am the paragom of dragony things. They need to know that I'm as clueless as they are so they wont learn wrong.

I would certainly try my hardest, and yes.

If I need to, but I imagine I'd be a bit smarter and build a nest in a cave before then..

Find cave, make nest, and practice dragon things.

Human culture values with awarness the world may not work like my own and they are a dragon.

Protective, reassuring, responsible, stressed, worried.

lychee likes this.
  11. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me, a straight White cisgender male, a pregnant dragon? Ah, Hell to the no!