Recommendations Harem with no OTP

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MiP, Nov 28, 2019.

1. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As title said, I'm looking for a decent harem novel where the author would equally develop all the harem-candidate members, not just put focus on at most 1 or 2 main girls.

Example: Master’s Smile

Thanks!

2. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens - Best novel for character development of Harem

Sabruness and false like this.
  3. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    shitty mc in comparison.... well till later

4. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
  6. daildaros

daildaros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh... this is the first time I heard that there's an OTP in a harem genre

7. Edy3

Edy3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best examples I can think of are in untranslated Chinese. I'm rereading a part right now where a couple of wives don't get along at all, and the fighting between is hilarious. It has a ton of fun interplay between the characters and they themselves are interesting very varied characters with their own agendas and personalities.

Other than that, there's the old standby of "The Deer and the Cauldron". It's pretty much the originator of the Chinese style harem novel and the characters therein are still very good. It's also one of the funnest and the best books on NU so I'd always recommend it.

It happens a lot in Japanese style harems; especially ones based on ecchi games. The story will want to feature a ton of female characters but it still wants some sort of resolution.

9. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't read much harem novel then, most of the time the First Girl would win the MCbowl.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. cartman-un

cartman-un Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some Chinese Novel could be great but the problem with Chinese novels is that most of the time they have shitty ending and also the fact that most Chinese Novels are obsess with Immortality lol.

The Second Coming of Gluttony (Korean) is quite good in my opinion.

An Anime Addict likes this.
  11. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont rember the name but it was about a guy who got a summoning from the 72 demons lemmet and has the power to use the summonings from girls who becomes his lovers and the stronger the relationship the stronger the power. It was completed some time ago

12. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds very interesting, if someone knows the series' name please reply.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  13. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens doesn't really focus on the harem romance but more on politics and battles. Romance is a subplot. And there's like 30 girls at the end.

PoneyLach likes this.
  14. cartman-un

cartman-un Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tag me when you remember the title of the novel

15. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sabruness likes this.
  16. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, i just recommended it in another thread, but i think its fitting really well here as well:
    The True Endgame (https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/16550/the-true-endgame)
    They are playing a VR game and the story develops in game as well as in RL. The really cool thing is, that they mostly meet ingame and get to know each other but IRL they are also kinda proactive and get together kinda soon. Its just suuuppper fluffy and a big difference here is, that the harem isn't solemnly centred around the mc... yes he is the "main" person, but at the end the girls often decide about new members and push him to get a bit more proactive to "add" them. Also the romance is not ONLY between the mc and the girls, but also between the girls. Its just super cute, fluffy and fun to read =D
    ohh, there is some nsfw stuff in it just tho you know.

(if you gonna read it, i would be happy to hear your opinion ^^ )

PoneyLach likes this.
  17. PoneyLach

PoneyLach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    It's this one
    Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou

Sabruness likes this.
  19. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fluffy? I checked its scribblehub page and there is a yandere tag tho.

20. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,
    I am very sensitive with sad stuff as well and only read fluffy harem novels myself (also always looking for recommendations ^^) and this definitely is one of those. There's one side story with kinda sad development, but i still hope for a happy end in this as well... and just recently there was progress in a good direction there as well ^^
    The MC was badly hurt as a child while saving his childhood friend. Because of the parents they lost contact for many years and the story starts... mc is already in a relationship with some girls when he and his childhood friend meet again. She is amazingly happy (and in love) with him, but she's getting a bit in a yandere direction. At some point it gets to much and the mc calls her out and she is running away... One of his girlfriends is also friends with his childhood friend and so the childhood friend tells her that she understood that she did go to far and that she's getting psychological help now.

Then quite some time passes (several weeks, maybe month) and you only hear some rare updates from his girlfriend who is still in contact with her. But she's ignoring all his messages. (I was really sad at this point)

But in the recent chapters (novel 6) she got out of thy psychiatry and asked the mc if he would be willing to talk to her again... she's really sorry about what happened and still want contact. But since she's still not sure how to act around him she want to spend more time with his girlfriends since her doctor told her, that she should have more contact to "friends".
    Sadly she mentioned in the conversation with the mc, that she never really love him as much as she thought she did and that she had some heavy (mental) problems (maybe because feeling guilty that he was/is so badly hurt when he saved her) and was hoping that he would "fix" them when he did come back into her live.

Overall this really IS a sad story line, but since the author focus is so heavily on fluff and happy stuff I just won’t belief, that she won’t join the harem at some point. If she really joins later on I would say, that this was pretty smart and interesting to develop her like that… and I would be really shocked if she wouldn’t because that just doesn’t fit in the main genre of this novel and probably not to the stuff that the most reader of stories like that would enjoy ^^

As i said, beside this everything is fluffy and happy. Its about a mc who loves to play vr games with his girlfriends who he stumbles over in game. After the first two girls he's never the one who starts adding a new girl, it’s always driven by the other girls and he only "accept" his feelings, after his girlfriends pressure him that its ok to add "her", since they like her as well... Also there is a lot of fluffy time between the mc and his girls as well as between the girls... irl and in game. And because there isn't any other drama, i just can't believe, that the author would let his childhood friend down ^^

MiP likes this.