Spoiler (BL) Dinghai Fusheng Records

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by namio, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation of the Chi Le Chuan song:
    Chi Le Chuan
    Under the Yin Mountains
    The sky resembles an arched hut
    Covering the whole plain
    The sky is so vast and blue
    The wilderness is boundless too
    When the winds blow;
    the grass bends low, cattle and sheep will show

This song appears at the end of vol 1 (c26)

And yes they're making a movie for Dinghai!!!!!!!! And it's already in the process huhu. But I don't think it's gonna be a donghua?? So I'm really curious as to how it's gonna turn out...? Tianbao is guaranteed to be a donghua though, and iirc it's coming out at the end of this year!!

2. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished MTL-ing ch 11 and started to jump many random chapters including the lifespan reveal. I jumped towards the end and would like some confirmations before I start MTL-ing in the proper order. So in case Zryuu or El doesn't want to know spoilers, I placed the questions in the tag for assurance.
    So, are CX and XS both immortals? MTL has mentioned that they're both magic weapons: one is the Heart Lamp and the other the Dinghai Pearl, two weapons that come together. Does that indicate that as long as they are not broken or overused, then they're immortals?

How was Ling Yu able to restore XS's memories?

Anyway. I listened to the duet song. And now, I'm obsessed. I even downloaded the song and put it on repeat for the past few hours. T~T How is it so beautiful!!

crystalirishz and namio like this.
  3. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh gahd everybody in this spoiler section are amazing people.. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFOS AAAAAHHH really huhu thank you guys.. you guys are amazing T.T

namio likes this.
  4. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHEEZES AND CRASHES THRU 6 YEARS LATE Hi sorry I got distracted by other novels, just finished MTLing yesterday. I have no idea what to do with my life now.

Afaik neither of them are immortal. There was actually a Heart Lamp in Xin Yuanping and Wen Che's era, for one, and he's 100% mortal. At the very end, Chen Xing actually separated the Heart Lamp from his soul, too, but even then when they divided Chiyou's soul and entrusted it to the available immortal zombies (LOL) Xiang Shu looked at Chen Xing like "I wouldn't mind being immortal with you" but the idea was shot down by Wen Che. So they're most likely never immortal.

As for Lu Ying restoring his memories, I'm as clueless as you because MTL LOL But I'll go reread. Lu Ying's powers are in the realm of dreams and thus time, though, and given the power of the yazou in the story (they remember last lifetime and can recreate literal world in a dream) it might be related to that.... but I'll reread.

Anyway I've been drawing a lot of emotional support Xingxing so here's one that looks a bit less shitty ig
    https://twitter.com/gegeenthusiast/status/1173441469601865728

5. Elestrea

Elestrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I've finished this novel last week and I'm still in denial mode :blobpensive: THIS NOVEL IS SO GOOD and is currently at my top #1 OMG I LOVE MC AND ML!!
    before anybody asks, no there is no explicit smut but there should be one or two in the physical copy (which hasn't been released as of now) and if anyone has any question, feel free to ask and I might be able to help :blobpats:

also, here's the translation to one of the fanvids by zryuu and me xD contain spoiler up to 114 but i think it's not that straightforward without any context though it's going to make you cry if you've read it :blob_teary:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAA BESY VODEP BrnrER
    THANK YOU BOSTH SO MCYH IM IN EYARS THEY IN ENGLISH
    SHOOT

Honestky the "all i want is for this banquet to neve end" hurts so mcyh always...m.... and me learning that fusheng means fleeting life no lie wish chicken gege just brain me with a brick right now. Chen xing.......

I still really adore the Fusheng melody at first played on whistle by Xiang Shu, then by Chen Xing on guqin with him playing accompaniment. That smile on his face..... also "I love you, Xing er." (WHICH CH IS THIS I NEED TO REREAD)

I just love that this novel makes me bawl like a baby while also having horse dicks as a running joke

7. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    cries cries cries cries I'm willing to give all my tears for this novel

actually I have a theory about the title, I mean:
    浮生录 is the title of a recurring song in the novel, first appeared around chapter 40ish when XS played it for his tribe in Karakorum. It was like a traditional song of the Hus. Back then, XS only said it was 'the Fusheng Melody' but later on, after the big dinghai thing, when CX played the song again in Chang'an, we finally know the title of the song was actually ' the Fusheng Records' (literally Fleeting Life Records :blob_teary:).

So, my theory is that the novel title is actually a clue of the big twist of the entire novel. If you think the 浮生录 in the novel title refers to the song, then that left the 定海 part. It can be seen that the Fusheng Records is owned by Dinghai. In the novel, what... or who is associated with the song?
    It's always been XS, I mean, it is first played by him, and tho it was his tribes' song, there are many occasions where we just 'oh this is his character song' because how frequently he played it too, right? So yes, I think feitian gave us a very big hint as of who is the Dinghai Pearl all along... //goes back to cry again

both XS and CX need a lot of hugs and they truly deserve one another :blobmelt::blobmelt:

oh the super heart-wrenching part of that 'I love you, Xing'er' was in chapter 88 I'LL NEVER FORGET IT IT'S ALREADY DEEPLY ROOTED IN MY MIND :blobsob:

8. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your theory has sent me to the floor the grave i need some time to process all these emotions

EL I CANT HANDLE THIS ITS JUST I LOEV THIS NOVEL SI JGXH I LOVE THEM SO MYXH

IT MAKES SO MYCH SENSE abnd also im just emotional thinking about how chen xing also just plays fusheng records too, like he also plays xiang shus song..... im sobbing i cant

9. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BLESS YOU GUYS! I really love this song and wanted to know the text shown throughout the song so thank you so much for the great translations! I'm looking forward to the rest of the novel!

And, are you going to buy the physical copies? I really want to buy the copies when they come out, so do you mind keeping us updated about the physical copies?

Elestrea and Zryuu like this.
  10. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    The song is so good and all the quotes are killing me :blob_pout:

I REALLY REALLY WANT TO BUY IT BUT last time I tried to buy a novel the shipping to my country costed like 99 dollar LMAO

Let's just hope it won't cost as much by then because apparently all the extras are also stuffed in the physical copies too, at least from what I gather from his other novels :blobowoevil:

Kikoeru likes this.
  11. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I hate myself and ALSO listened to Fusheng Records on loop I uh
    This is just Xiang Shu's whistle part bc I'm still working out which bits are slides and which aren't for Chen Xing but uhhhh tabs for guitar?

E|-------------------|-----------------0-|-3-1-0-1---1-0-0-------|-0-------------0-0-|
    B|-1---0-----1-1-0---|-1---0---3-0-0-1---|---------3-------3-3-1-|---3-3---3-1-3-----|
    G|---2-----2---------|---2---------------|-----------------------|-------2-----------|
    D|-------2---------2-|-------2-----------|-----------------------|-------------------|
    A|-------------------|-------------------|-----------------------|-------------------|
    E|-------------------|-------------------|-----------------------|-------------------|

Also Elestrea, if we're in the same country, do you think shipping would be marginally cheaper if we purchase together...... just asking..... bc I really want physical copy of Dinghai too sobs

Also also since I actually drew it and dangit there's so few Dinghai readers, art:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  12. Demeru

Demeru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this story really yaoi or is it shounen ai?
    And what about Tuoba Yan?
    Xiao Shan kiss to Chen Xing? or the one in the picture is Xiang shu?

13. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    -they're all FTB because the censorship is really strict nowadays :blobpensive:
    -what do you want to know about Tuoba Yan? he... will get another crush later on, it's pretty funny but sad :blobpensive: THAT DUDE IS A PURE CINNAMON OK?
    - what picture? xiao shan never kissed CX intimately, if he did he was certainly going to be chopped alive by lemon tree xiang shu

suibian98 and namio like this.
  14. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And Xiao Shan more sees Chen Xing as an older brother/pseudo parent figure too as far as I'm aware?? LOL
    And ah ofc Xiang Shu. Nevermind kissy, he's just lemon tree vinegar jar at most things.

NovelenthusiastIDK and azinine like this.
  15. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm super excited about a novel whose summary initially put me off for a year. Thank you so much for this thread!

namio likes this.
  16. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, didnt he also call XS gege? wait or was that in fanfic only? my memory is fuzzy :sweating_profusely:

anywaaaaaaaaaay since there are like a bunch of donghua PVs appearing today, here's Tianbao's (Dinghai's sequel) new PV, english sub by us again HAHAHAHA <3 Feitian

[

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  17. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DINGHAI'S PHYSICAL COPY IS GOING ON SALE SOON
    [​IMG]
    XIANG SHU AND CHEN XING ARE SO FKING PRETTY

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had been avoiding this thread because it's so enjoyable and I want to just read as it comes...but I'm me and now I'm here, and thank you for the lovely videos blobmelt_thumbs:blob_teary:. It's so beautiful. This novel is so wonderful.

19. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He does call him gege, Xiang Shu glared at him for calling him sth else I don't remember LOL

AAAAAAA I LOVE THEM SO MUCH GA H
    Anyway shit i did today bc novel cover cx and xs are too beautiful
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  20. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    awesome drawing as always namiiiio LOVE YOUUU:blobmelt:
    i see the red strings :blobnosebleed: