Discussion Korea Likes Gore?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Reindeer, Dec 1, 2019.

?

Would you rather go to a

1. Japanese Isekai (medieval fantasy)

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. Chinese Isekai (cultivation world)

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Korean Isekai (well, whatever this is)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Korea seems to like gore just as much as China likes face slapping. I noticed while reading Kill the Dragon (really good btw) that wow, these authors sure don't hesitate to write some really disturbing settings. This is of course not my first time reading KN, I've also noticed this when I read Reincarnator (some 3 years ago), Second Coming of Avarice (I'll get to reading the retranslation any time soon), and Omniscient Reader. There's some real emphasis on human's dark side where they are forced to let go of their morals and stuff. Kill the Dragon isn't quite part of these novels where humanity gets transmigrated to another world and there's always a tutorial with a guide that wants people to kill each other though, but there are some really descriptive scenes of human corpses hanging on the ceiling that reminded me of Second Coming of Avarice where
    females get captured to breed aliens, brrrrrr really disturbing
    . Not sure why KN turned out this way but I guess you can't expect much of character personalities here when most of the MCs are interchangeable across novels. I don't know if it has something to do with most of their settings happening in the modern era (yeah some novels have MC that get transmigrated but there's usually a lot of them so most of the characters are modern people).

TLDR; KN likes gore for some reason.

Oh yeah, what do you call this genre? Korean Isekai?

eseul likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    S. Korea likes money, gaming/grinding and NTR.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    That's in VR and ero comics respectively.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    who would ever pick anything aside from japanese isekai? It's the only one where you can get modern quality of life (through magic)

Wujigege and An Anime Addict like this.
  5. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese cause after I get godhood I, would invade the isekai world with an army of Chad Chinese demigods if not straight up gods

6. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I mean you can become immortal in a cultivation world with the highest ceiling for power compared to the other two. You still end up becoming a psychopathic murderer like in Korean Isekai though, just that it happens every other 10 years instead.

7. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    you think you'll survive a cultivation world? i guarantee you're getting murdered as a baby because some relatively powerfull guy wanted your mom or some shit like that

GDLiZy, Diametric, Kiriharu and 5 others like this.
  8. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey dont be like that.
    Now you already create a protagonist.
    This cant be undone.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I'd probably barely survive and live the first major arc aiming to get revenge while getting furtuitous encounters. That's the usual script.

10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    So its like how japs are with goblins and any humanoid female? Assigned job: breeder.

11. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, except with mind control and tentacles (inside their womb) instead.

12. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in jn you will be taken for a ride before thrown somewhere to die.
    In cn you somehow have to get your revenge or what not.
    In kn you either have to lose your morality or humanity in order to return to the normal world, and finally life as a psychopat.

13. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know after my post some people will say i read to much into it.
    Still all the transimigration, reincarnation have the same points where the author express what wrong with there own country like:
    Social status jp version is the slave master relationship (sex slaves, and sex tourism from jp buissnessmen into other countries is a fact)
    In cn the focus is more on nepotism and how brutal it is. All the young masters ...
    The kr is a mix of it how the social construct is a mix of it many do not know it but korea was till the late 80s a military dictatorship all the connections do not desappear over night...

If it was me i would do cn world a bit hard mode but you can get immortality and young appearance the rest would be a life experience, not that i am against the jp root but it is way tooo simple there should be something a hidden condition also most of the isekai characters have only 2D and without the slave collar/magic contract etc most of them would kill the master...

14. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Its actually one of the scenes that show the true reality of how things would actually happen if something like an invading alien race happened and well i still love the novel with one of the most descriptive and true mc out there though he feels a bit naive.

15. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm not really hating on the novel, it was just a bad timing of this particularly disturbing arc out of nowhere plus getting dropped by previous translator that I had to drop it. The current translator amazingly retranslated 90 chapters, I feel like that feat alone is enough for me to read it all over again. I definitely will some time later when I get to it.

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to unsee what I saw on this thread
    At the end of the day you have Korean novels that are copying Japanese isekai with all the tsundere nonsense in Second Coming.... Fourth Coming of Gluttony
    and Chinese novels copying Chinese with the publisher SFACG and Dating Sim novel on webnovel.
    I dont think you can really escape a mix of them, it just depends on the genre.
    Personally, I stay away from Japanese novels because the translators in the novels I like seem to think it is 2008 and the chapters are their chat box for Yahoo Messenger :blob_coughblood:

17. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is already translated till chapter 160 and in 1 month i expect that the translations will again begin from there once the deal is complete so maybe you should read those chapters again.

18. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Why isn't there an option that sum all of the options together? I want to go to a world where all options exist :blob_tilt:

19. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese because, there are a few exceptions but usually the people in japanese isekai are just nicer to be around. And you're not forced to act like an asshole to get the powers you need for whatever. I couldn't be enough of a selfish jerk to get strong in a Korean or Chinese story. I'd end up losing everything and swear revenge and maybe change to become stronger, but then I wouldn't be me anymore. I'd just be a copypaste Chinese/Korean protagonist #3598349, and that horrifies me.

20. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the cooking and eating. They even have to put it inbetween the build up and climax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.