Discussion IEatTomatoes is a bland author.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by birdboy01, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the best author spotlight for true young adult or shounen for xianxia/xuanhuan would be TJSS. That's quite literally all he ever writes, as the majority of all of his stories focus on the mc staying a young age for near its entirety.

IET has more of a growth focus with the mc always going from naive to the most powerful.

That being said, they are both considered part of the top authors of the field.

2. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the best part in his novel is the writing about war: both sides have advantage, both sides have a chance to win. And even with the joining of MC the balance isn't immediately thrown off, just slowly change.

3. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I chatted with IET a year or so back. In complete fairness to him, Desolate Era was supposed to end at the Endwar of what became the Three Realms arc; that was what his original outline envisioned, and what he had planned. However, Desolate Era became so exceptionally popular that animes/games started getting made, and the various people who had purchased gaming/anime licenses were literally begging him not to stop because they wanted more time while the novel was 'hot' to finish making their products and do more promoting. So, he basically had to plan and write the 'Chaosverse' parts of Desolate Era right when he was originally planning to end the series. To me, it's a testament to his skills as a writer that he was able to pull it off as well as he did! That being said, the first half of Desolate Era unavoidably stands out as markedly better and, to me at least, was one of the finer examples of his writing.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019