Page Scroll/Turner Control

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by baelar, Nov 30, 2019.

1. baelar

baelar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

I have googled all over the internet but cannot find an exact product made reading.

I normally read with my cellphone being held in place by an arm holder, I just have to click the page/scroll down every few seconds to continue reading the next section.

The only missing link is a remote controller that allows me to scroll down and change pages without having to touch the cellphone (only exception would be reading from websites that require to click next page but i could still scroll down from a distance).

A bluetooth control would be ideal to use with a tablet or a cellphone.

Does anyone know any such product or can recommend the closest thing to what I am looking for.

Thanks

Edit....just realized this should have been posted in general chat, if any mods can move it would be great otherwise just reply here. double thanks

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
  3. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, can't you use an OTG cable and use a wireless mouse?

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't wait for neural link when you can scroll with your brain.

5. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    @baelar Yea, that seems like the simplest way to me too. You can also try using TTS to read - if you don't actually want to hear it, just turn your media audio off.
    With neural link, we'd be able to download data directly into our brains, so I don't think scrolling would be required.

6. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Any bluetooth keyboard + firefox + vim-like extension. Just need j/k to scroll up or down. This will give you that capability to use the hint to click on the website next button. I use tridactyl on my firefox, where I only have to use "]]" to go next page and ""[["" to go to previous page with sites that is paged properly, but I don't know if they run under android.

2. Any bluetooth keyboard with up/down/left/right button. up/down/left/right button is usually supported.

7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are also wireless smart buttons for smartphones. It can be programmed to do an action on the phone.

8. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd recommend an air mouse. It's what you'd get if a computer keyboard and mouse had a baby. Then, if that baby grew up and had a baby with a TV remote, you'd have an air mouse. They're about $15-30 USD on Amazon. You can connect an air mouse with Bluetooth or WiFi and use that rather than a keyboard and mouse.

You might also need a USB dongle depending on if your phone supports Bluetooth.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    sgrey likes this.
  9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    right, bluetooth mice can probably be connected to phones... that might be the best solution