LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Im waiting till this arc is over. It is silly to think peace is attainable in such an era of war. And frankly year of war. I cant help but feel characters motivations are completely different from what they would actually be just to facilitate this conflict.

2. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    hell, there's a really simple answer here to send the message. just send people to burn their homes down. if they call in the guards or try to defend themselves, then just censure 'em for not using their kind and benevolent words and demand that the culprit be released in consideration for whatever family the person might have and relies on them.

edit: no, seriously. where the hell are all the criminals during this? Confucians pay 'em off and tell them to behave for awhile or something? are they the story tellers?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  3. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate this Confucian Sect plot. Since when did Confucius say take over the world?

4. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been catching up on this novel for the past few days and have found myself quite literally skipping this entire Confucius Sect bullshit. This novel has become unreadable.

The conflicts are too long in this novel. When it takes 150 chapters to describe a single battle, that you quite literally know Wang Chong is going to win in the end, that's just bad story telling.

It's the same with this Confucius Sect nonsense. We already know the world is going to come to an end, so the author taking us on this absurdly long detour and quite literally ruin every single thing Wang Chong has done throughout this 1200 chapter journey to avert this crisis is just abusive.

I'm starting to remember why I dropped this novel.

I can't believe his readers let this shit happen.

Wake me up when their Harmonious World comes crashing down and Wang Chong has to clean up the mess.

5. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah wtf he should just let it go and let them burn and let the believers live. F#ck these hippy idiots and leave them in there own sh#t

6. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd this.
    Some masochist please revive us when this shitty arc is over.

7. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the fact that some old fossil writing "benevolence and righteousness" is enough to completely undo Wang Chong's entire "earth shaking, heaven sundering argument" shows the "Great Tang" deserves to burn. That's it. Two words. Nothing else. Just wrote two words and walked away.

That alone was enough to have the entire population turn on someone who's the greatest hero this garbage empire has ever seen.

Apparently when some really old dude speaks, the entire world shuts off their higher brain function and turns into zealous sheep.

How stupid is this population?

Worst. Arc. Ever.

8. Teutates

Teutates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well looking at the messages. I'm not sure there are any..

9. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimming through the latest 3 chapters. there is a new arc going on.

They are out of the capital and in a battle.
    I haven't caught up yet. So no idea if the last arc was put on hold or resolved....
    That is something i will try on another day.

Merry Christmas / holidays to all

10. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do let us know once you find out. Perhaps it will be a Christmas gift from fate that the arc is finally over.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

11. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR: Chapter 1327 is leaving the capital and the arc is on hold not completely resolved, so that's were to start if you want to skip it.

if you want more info / my opinion about the arc (pretty spoiler free )

I personally put the series on hold on chapter 1289, it was honestly just before it got better apparently. the battle of ideas before that were cringe worthy in my eyes and people were too easily swayed.
    But after that chapter it picks up with the concept and makes some decent battle of the ideas happen.
    The people are still a bit easy too convince and allot of appeals of authority seems to happen in the commoners eyes.
    But thinking about it. there were pretty strict casts then and having zealots preaching doesn't help and the capital is of course the safest place in any country.

it's still one of the weaker arc's especially before 1289... but now that i read more of it has it charms..
    Especially the "non resolved" state of it, honestly the zealots head on a stick would be a nice ending to it. But now the zealots ideas are quick and over boiling. while the mc ideas were buried, but are getting traction by letting people think about it themselves and will more slowly show results. MC is kinda kidnapped away by his master to the next arc. which causes the stuff that is going to happen pause.

the disconnect between our thoughts and the "plebs" of the capital is probably because of the structure of their live and the way information is spread, still kinda stings though but thinking about it more i have seen stuff like this in more modern time... except those weren't war heroes that saved the country for being slaughtered multiple times... xD

apparently in this alternate reality the entire dynasty could read (and probably write) which is kinda interesting tidbit of info in the chapters.

ICe likes this.
  12. Seren

Seren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this latest chapter (ch1367) is the most blatant use of 'The Stone of Destiny' plot armor I've seen.

So somehow when all the build up for most of this arc has been wether or not the Righteous Alliance sect leader will discover who Wang Chong is, when the Sect Leader is suspicious enough to finally check his Dantian with the excuse of healing Wang Chong the SoD's like "shit bro you're about to die want a hand?"

This is the reasoning/explanation by the author:
    "As user's opponent is a being of this world, with the tacit acknowledgment that the current crisis was triggered by the constraint and resistance of this world, user, as Controller of Destiny, has a single opportunity to exempt themselves from the energy of the world. Does user wish to…"

Meanwhile at the start of the same damn paragraph it's saying:
    "Warning! User's death is imminent."

"Warning! User's death is imminent." As Wang Chong readied his attack, the Stone of Destiny spoke, but its message this time was completely different from before. "As user's opponent is a being of this world, with the tacit acknowledgment that the current crisis was triggered by the constraint and resistance of this world, user, as Controller of Destiny, has a single opportunity to exempt themselves from the energy of the world. Does user wish to…"

"Agree!"

Do these authors not understand that there is no point building up interesting conflict if the resolution to the conflict is a single sentence with 0 consistency to the rest of the book.

Getting paid per chapter/ word count really kills the basics of novel writing but i dont think these authors give a damn.

So sorry to say Nuffies but the new arc ain't any better. *dropped*

13. -000

-000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems Wang Chong will soon end up with that Origin Immortal art that was mentioned 1,000 chapters ago as a way of handling his inevitable cultivation defect. I find it kind of strange and unfortunate that he never seems to bother with his other supreme art though.

14. Emperors

Emperors Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, anyone know if the tang is regretting their choice during the confucian shitty arc cause enemies are marching toward the capital or is the mc still playing around with sect
    i wonder when the whole world will declare war on the tang so we can see some serious face slapping and have the people lynch the confucian sect

15. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    Still in the sect arc. The end is in sight. So it will probably be stalled for another 50+ chapter's before it really ends.

16. Emperors

Emperors Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i see... thank you
    i'm tired already thinking that i'll have to skim through 300 chapters
    is it even worth it

Viola likes this.
  17. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    No not really maybe skim the last 10 chapters of the arc when it finally ends if you are feeling bored.

I skimmed most of the arc and it's just bland.

18. Emperors

Emperors Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guess i'll do just that
    welp author messed up pretty bad

19. Teutates

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm bored enough i might post the arc ending number like i did with the last arch but no promises. As that arch had a semi interesting half wrap up point.

20. -000

-000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New arc starts on 1569.

Seren and Teutates like this.