Spoiler The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Regalia1896, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On great it's the dude who cant accept any attack or negative opinion on the male lead of this jovel and is always mentioning there a writer. Oh boohoo people dont like a character, it must be conspiracy against the author Qucik we must shield the fragile author from the evil readers.You need to accept some people just dont like your shitty faves. Imma mute that condescending prick from now on to keep my sanity

2. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa there, that's a bit much don't you think? If you're gonna block or mute them then do so, but coming out swinging all passive-aggressive just looks bad on you.

And for the matter, I think you're misunderstanding what's been said. I'm not too deep into the drama but ATrueStory's been saying that the author got harassed because they made Ruve the ML which, no matter how you paint it, is still bad- no one deserves to be harassed because of a writing decision people disagree with.

There's also the fact that people have dropped the story before it even got close to being a third of the way translated due to an out-of-context spoiler. That much is fine, but the real problem was when people started review-bombing it which both negatively affects the author and is generally unfair to do so so early on.

Now back to the story at hand, as for the people earlier, I can definitely see where you're coming from.
    While yes, the novel does establish 2nd Timeline Ruve as someone far removed from the original, I can get how people have trouble stomaching the fact that he really was only able to develop the 2nd time around after what the first did to Tia. It's... an awkward scenario to think about, just like if the person who burned your house down with your family inside in one timeline ended up as your lover who acts completely differently in the next.

That being said, the reason why I stuck with the story was the amazing character development. Tia, for the most part, is a very well written character with obvious PTSD. She doesn't just get over it after she reincarnates and she slowly builds up a support system for herself and becomes stronger both physically and emotionally. She never really budges for any of the love interests and her desire to be knight is one of the major reasons why it took her so long to end up with Ruve (and even then it's because of a compromise). Her dynamics with her love interests feel fresh and different with each of them feeling like a character outside of Tia.

The Prince imo was arguably the best example of Defrosting the Ice King and his relationship with Tia feels well-built up. What happens between him and Duke Jenna felt like a realistic case of how an adult could isolate and emotionally manipulate a child, and Ruve's own poor relationship with his father among other factors makes it believable that he'd be manipulated so easily. He's such a good Defrosting the Ice King because ultimately he has to do all the heavy lifting after Tia gives him a wake-up call at the ball. He has to make himself approachable, and eventually when he realizes he unintentionally crossed a line when he accidentally triggers Tia's PTSD he gives her space and even the means to break off the engagement. Even now in the TL when they're on better terms there's still an awkward distance between them.

I guess it's in terms of whether or not the development sells you and given what we see at the start it's admittedly a pretty hard sell however much I enjoy it.

Ariawolfgar, Akiyuki_chan and Eodez like this.
  3. chinguyen

chinguyen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't follow the bashing drama of this novel, but I can imagine how some people would have reacted to this and how it could became cyber bully at some points. Online feedback is generally toxic, especially coming from audience rather than other creators. I didn't understand your point about finishing material and the marketing though. Do you mean to say that the development and redemption of the current prince happen much later on - and spoiler alone couldn't do justice to that development? There wasn't any translation on the later part of the story, so like many others I just read about the develop from spoilers. And from those information, I have to say the reasoning for the past prince's action was really weak - even with all the good points and humane points of the current prince as the story develop (I still read the comics version of this one), I just couldn't believe that Tia could have realistically gotten rid of her past trauma to embrace him as her lover.

I don't know how other readers react/rage about this, but I do believe the author of this series has what it takes to write stories that can captivate people - he/she just need to keep writing, and improve his/her shortcomings.

Also, from reading some of the takeway point you mention, I do believe there are novels that have gotten away from all the points you mention, and have done so amazingly. My ultimate historical reincarnation novel: The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage

Historical setting with arranged marriage, A LOT of politics and schemes where romance and politics really goes hand in hand, without being awkward or forcefully done. Good character development for the male leads, healthy (almost perfect) relationship between FL and the (final) ML.
    3-dimensional and interesting side characters/ antagonists. As much fluff as it has, the events and dialogs and characters' personality were realistic (what you would expect from the politics of ancient Chinese court), so it was a good mix of fictional and real life reference. If anything the ending was a bit not on par with the rest of the novel, but still I think the author of this novel managed to write a really good story and wrapped it up ok.

I personally recommend this one to any readers who enjoy reincarnation, good mix of politics & romance, level-headed leads and interesting side/antagonist characters. It's a chinese novel and I have yet to find any novels that could top this one on these categories.

Ariawolfgar likes this.
  4. chinguyen

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you the author managed to create a really likeable main character that really made you want to keep reading if only to see her overcoming difficulty, enjoying life and getting that happy ending she deserves. Thats why I still read the comic version of this. I could see why you root for the prince too. Personally as I read the comics I have to admit I was gradually opening up to him, the current prince is not wicked, hasn't done anything wicked, and is portrayed as a very much humane and likeable boy.
    But that was only because as the story proceeds, I kind of forget about the past trauma he did for Tia. Only recently when I come back and read the beginning chapters of her first life and tried putting myself into her shoes did I feel really horrible and couldn't stomach that idea anymore... Like you said, it was awkward and a hard sell, so for me, since the past couldn't be understood or forgiven yet, there wasn't any room for "ground zero" for the romance to develop.

But the novel is already finished, so I don't suppose there's anything readers can do to change that. If it's possible, I wish to see the author change something for the comic versions. Tia can end up with whoever the author decides, but I really wish to see a more well-written development and convincing plot events that could convince me of that ending.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  5. Foxandcat

Foxandcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My opinion is based on the spoilers that I read.

It's so sad that many people don't realize the tragedy of Ruvelis. Yes, he did terrible things to Aristia in the first timeline. But was he not punished in the end? After the death of Tia, he really was left alone. Many didn't forgive him the queen's execution. The emperor deprived himself of his faithful companions and became an even easier target for Jenna. Jeun wasn't particularly interested in Ruve's preferences. She was loaded with the work of the empress, which she couldn't perform correctly. If the policy of the imperial power doesn't suit the people, then people will begin to rebel. Jenna was well aware of this, and therefore acted behind the scenes.
    In the day when Ruve is trying to save his life, we can fully see his loneliness. The emperor was manipulated from an early age, promising him the love that he never received. Was Ruvelis happy on the first timeline? No. Did he suffer punishment for the death of Aristia? Yes, because he wasn't destined to meet her. He will never know that in the second timeline, Tia and he are happy together. He will never see the Aristia that he desired (tender and warm-hearted). He will never know family well-being with her ... He died in solitude, forgotten by all and not needed by anyone...

I really look forward to translating Pov Ruve so that readers understand this.

(Sorry for any mistakes in the text)

6. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will respectively disagree with your points. Just because he suffered in the first time line does not mean he deserves the FL - female lead, in the second time line.
    The best example of this is an ongoing Chinese novel - Rebirth Junior High School: The Excelling Top Student Goddess. It’s good, you should try it.

The FL was tortured and murdered in the first life, she stays the hell away from the first life’s ML - male lead.
    The author does a hell of a good job showing the ptsd that the FL suffered from the first life. She works hard to change her life and meets a better person as the ML - male lead. That is satisfying. Frankly, the amount of suffering of the original time line ML does not in any way shape or form meet any standards for doing the horrible things to the FL. They made the bed so they should sleep in it.
    These rebirth novels are mainly about getting away from that which is bad for the main character. If they can’t, why do they even have the rebirth? Why help the person who made your life a living hell? This should be the perspective as a human and not by gender. I don’t want to see Stockholm syndrome in these supposed romance novels. That is not romance but something else that should never have romance tag.
    I was wondering if this was worth while to read but even pretty pictures won’t save this in my perspective.

Fuyuneko and chinguyen like this.
  7. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the thing is is that it's established the Ruves from the different timelines are completely different people. Like, it's hard to pin anything the 1st timeline Ruve did on the 2nd timeline because

A) Ruve never started off as a bad person, a jerk, yes, but not the sociopath at the start of the story. Ruve was still a kid when she crossed over, he hadn't actually done any of those terrible things even if he does start off as a jerk. That's a big thing here. The events in the second timeline diverge and he develops to the point where he can't even comprehend doing any of the things his alternate version did heck, he straight up gives Tia the means to break off their engagement as soon as he finds out about the 1st timeline and her PTSD.

B) He's not static. I feel that your comparison completely ignores the fact that Ruve's character development is every bit as important as Tia's. A major factor as to why Tia chose him was because he diverged so far from his 1st timeline self that she can't even see them as the same person. It's not even just her; Jieun who has much more of a grudge and genuinely hates him completely dropped her revenge scheme because he was nothing like the one who hurt her.

And that's a big thing: when he's still cold he gets absolutely nowhere with Tia. As you said, she "stays the hell away from him" outside of noble obligations.

They're barely able to talk to one another, Tia can't even stay in the same room let alone look him in the eyes without running away and there are entire sets of chapters where they don't even meet or interact. When he tries to be possessive it comes across as creepy to her and he accidentally makes their distance worse. His whole dilemma was that he couldn't wrap his mind around how she could be terrified of a boy she literally just met and he realizes he won't find answers or make things better with the way he acts which reflects on how he starts treating other people.

He's still straight-faced-he needs to be as king, but he starts opening up and trusting people around him, one of which was Carsein who was straight-up his romantic rival. And Tia doesn't just fall for him either, even with this development there are still awkward distances that's slowly mended.
    Tia also never really opens up to him until he proves that he never grew into the cruel Ruve she knew in the first timeline and even then marriage was a hard sell because it would block her off from the things she wanted to do.

Saying people only like him because he suffered and that Tia's relationship with him is akin to Stockholm syndrome is a total disservice to the writing.

People like Ruve because he develops. He's more than just someone who's always been evil and they give genuinely realistic reasons as to why he ended up the way he did in the first timeline without excusing that version's behavior. It would've been so easy for the author to make him an evil-ex like so many other stories. By the end he's genuinely a kindhearted man- heck, his most notable achievement in the epilogue was being a really really good father.

That's what makes Abandoned Empress so enjoyable, it's more than just "MC reincarnates and gets away from original ML who always started as a jerk and ends up with a perfect ML that's completely devoted to her"-type novels that I see everywhere. Everything from the harem dynamics that feel more interesting than your average harem to the character development and complexity in even its antagonists (Jieun in particular), it feels like the author puts more thought into these developments than the typical fallbacks you see every other novel.

8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. which is really the point of the time travel mechanic. Tia is able to go back in time with her memories intact and she also has the option (empahsized thriced) not to get involved with the Prince. This started the reverse harem mechanic and she was able to be paired her with Allendis (the green-haired one) and Carsein (the red-haired guy). The time-reversal mechanic also allowed her to gain more information from her current timeline on the prince's background, the true villain (and its politics, surprise! surprise), Jieun and the past of her parents. If I can summarize it as able as I can, she was able to discover the politics behind her own arranged marriage and her attitude towards the Prince also uncovered the relationship of the previous generation (her parents, Ruve's father, Carsein's mother, the villain). It's really more in-depth than your typical historical romance so I do get when people get turned off in teh romantic lens but as stated many times, I'm here for the politics so I could eat my popcorn.

In terms of translation, many people did pick the translation after Miss Mystery dropped it. But it was confined in a Discord server which I was, fortunately, able to join. @Eodez is also a member and has the time to share it here. Tbh, I have abandoned this thread for reasons I have already made known.

For those who read teh spoilers and made their own judgment, it is their place to do so. I have mentioned that I have no ill will for those who dropped the novel. Heck, I encouraged it. However, continue bitching about it when some people try to discuss information, as the translation was ongoing and kind enough to share, is a bit grating. From the start, people have seen ti as a romantic novel and they will be justified. However, I have seen the potential of the political mess it can deliver and that kept my eyes on this series. Also, I'm checking out your rec. In addition, it doesn't help that I do write for a living so biases towards the author should not be a surprise here, I guess.

I wholly can get behind that the author can write a good and complex story, but I think that the next work might be a little downgraded than this one due to sheer negative reaction from readers. At the end of the day, a creative product/material is the most exhausting output anyone can create and the reaction wherein the readers missed the plot/character development is a sign that readers prefer a more simplified storyline rather than a complex one. Some readers read for entrainment and that is fine. Just don't be surprised if creators take also the easy way to produce that kind of material.

9. Arlen

Arlen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I for one hate that tia has to end up with the prince, however, for some reason I want to see more of the mc and every male character's growth.. so i hope they finish translating the webtoon because i admit the author did his/her best in this one and it is so hard using google translate.

10. tamakosan

tamakosan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you already known he is jerk why stay with jerk, even some jerk known to try as jerk not be super kind hard man. Just tell me what he do to win her heart plz convice me I want to believe. their interaction almost nothing even he has been better person it doesn't mean they will end up togather when there is no indication they would syn for each other. for example in Lucia when Vivian(FL) in first life got trick by knight's sweet word and lost her workshop I feel bad for her but not feel off and could accepted the outcome. When you are good person it doesn't mean everything good would come to you, you might feel bad for nice charater but everything has reason with it.

PS. IRL my closed friend block me every contacts for whole and half moth I feel terrible sad for whole time and later they try few reconcile and I just react with few word and never intereact with them again. I can't feel they are really try when the earlier I have try my best for pull everything togather to not have any problem and endure their displeased, what is make me want to be with them again when all they have do just drop some few words want everything to be the same. just to be same is this hard, and this is not something about kill your whole family

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many different view points and equally valid. This is more a liking to a certain style or what we as the reader perceive that the main character deserves.

There are too many in real life and fiction, where people who do not in any way shape or form deserve the good things that they get.
    • Rich princess/prince syndrome - they do bad things since they can do whatever they like - usually the cannon fodder but not always and unfortunately not in real life.
    • Male lead who can basically do all bad things and get the girl - Stockholm syndrome- way too many of these stories and don’t even want to think about this in RL.
    As a reader, I want the main character to get the best of what they should get without giving bad guys the main fruit ie. FL.
    You can give the idiot a chance to grow, to be a better person than the other life but you don’t have to give them the fruit to be a better story. In this instance, this is not an abandoned queen rebirth but stupid prince rebirth for him to have a better life. Why does he deserve this chance when the FL was the one who suffered and tries to live a better life? You see where I’m coming from?
    The prince is getting the benefit of the FL rebirth when the story is about her suffering and trying to live better. It’s like the author gave the FL such horror just so she can be nice nice to the prince and who cares what the FL wants. This feels like the author abandoned the FL because author likes the prince better. This feels like a betrayal to the person most hurt in the story. -really about perspective but I think this is a very valid point.

There are many rebirth stories where the villain male lead from the first life are either face slapped, destroyed, hurt but alive and kicking, or just friends...they became a better person do to interactions with the FL. The FL does not give the satisfaction of giving that villain happiness by being with them in the second life. This important because the story is ABOUT the FL and not the first life villain ML.

This is why I mentioned the other story. That was the first story that I read where the rebirth character had ptsd from the horror of her first life and boy was it hurt breaking. I have not seen this before and the author did a great job showing it. This was central to her almost falling into the dark side for revenge. She is awakened and realizes that the evil person from her first life is not the same person in this life, he has not done the things to be guilty - issue with time travel paradox. Through interactions, he does not become the horrible person and he falls in love with the FL. This does not in any way require the FL to go together with him. It just means they can be friends in this life.

Realize the meaning for this type of story. Getting the FL means that the ML is the winner in life in the story. Why does the villain deserve to be the winner?

I hope I was able to get my point across.
    To the writer, I have one thing to say. Unless you are writing for personal use, readers viewpoints are valid and should be considered. You can definitely throw out attacks but I feel a heartfelt discussion with readers can give you better ideas than an outright rejection- I know you never said this but your post seems too anti reader feedback.

12. Detektivconan380

Detektivconan380 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eodez
    Hello i'm sorry to tag you without permission, but i really want to read your google doc, can you please add me too , i'm really sorry i try to PM you but i can't there some error and i don't understand, and i'm new here too , thank you sooo much for your considerating. I really apreaciatte your hard work :)

Eodez likes this.
  13. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, so this is a very interesting question, and I hope my answer will also help in regards of Ruve not being suitable to be the ML of the novel.

So no, unfortunately we don't know any of this. Because we can't know anything that Tia didn't see for herself, believed or felt. We can't know what happened to people after Tia died (and Jieun didn't say anything about it either, so all of this is lost to the readers), and we especially can't know how secondary characters felt.

Why?
    Because the novel is told from Tia's POV.

What does this mean?
    It means that the novel is entirely subjective. We only know what Tia can grasp and how she interprets what she sees.

So can we know the truth?
    NO
    . We can only reconstruct the truth by confronting Tia's POV with other character's POV.

Does Tia's POV clashes with other character's POV?
    All. the. time.
    Jieun has a very different POV about what happened in their first lifetime. Even though Tia gets offended and refuses to listen to her (because she's stubborn and rigid - don't be fooled by the manhwa, the Tia from the novel is not as sympathetic as Tia from the manhwa), 1st Ruve's POV actually confirms Jieun's POV, and not Tia's. 1st Ruve was in love with Tia - it's only in Tia's imagination that 1st Ruve was indifferent to her.

Tia's vision of Allen is completely distorted. Tia's POV and Allen's POV are dramatically different. Like opposite. Tia doesn't know the true Allen at all, while Carsein finds out Allen's true colours almost instantly through his instincts. That tells something about Tia's weak abilities to judge someone's character. Especially when this person is lying to her.

I shall share 1st Ruve's official POV one day don't worry. But meanwhile, that shows what I know about 1st Ruve's POV before he went mad from the poison :

1st Ruve's POV portrayed Tia as the villainess.
    Do you know what this means? He treated her as a villainess.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here. This is not in 1st Ruve's POV from the side story, but this is what I could reconstruct of his POV from everything I've read.

So try to imagine you're someone who was abandoned by your mother and unloved by your father. Your father however heavily dots on the girl of another man, your fiancée. The only person who has ever cared for you is the mother of your fiancée. You consider her your mother, even call her so. One day, you're attacked by assassins when she visits you, but she protects her daughter with her body while she leaves you unprotected - that means she doesn't think of you as her son. You understant. But you can't help being wounded and feel rejected and not as loved as her own flesh and blood. Later on she dies in your arms when her husband and her daughter are not at her side (where were they when she was sick and dying, honestly? She should have come first before anything else). Did her daughter cried at her death? No. Because her daughter simply erased all her memories of her. She didn't pay respect to her mother a single time, and never asked about her because "one cannot miss what one doesn't remember" (that's what Tia said about her mother in first lifetime) and always acted cold and emotionless around you. While you were grieving the death of your adoptive mother, a kind old man showed up and comforted you. Duke Jenna. You trusted him and cared for him. He warned you against the Monique family. Aristia la Monique was a very cunning girl, and she was using you to put her son and her family on the throne. The whole imperial faction was behind her. They thought you were an incompetent person, and they wanted her on the throne instead of you. For her, you have no value at all. She too despises you. She only needs your seed to get what she wants. If she somehow learnt that part of your blood was not noble, she would refuse to be touched by your vile hands. She too has commoner's blood, but you'll never say a word of this, because that would hurt her mother. For her mother, no one shall ever know the truth. If only your fiancée wasn't acting so proud. This pride of hers is a joke and it grates on your nerves. You lose your temper more and more lately, you don't seem like yourself. You can't really recognise yourself sometimes. You can't sleep either. This is taking a tole on you. Your life is only about duty and work. You have to wear a mask constantly. You don't have a single person to confide in. It's suffocating. No one is on your side. Only Duke Jenna. A strange girl has appeared in the royal gardens. Jenna came to tell you that the prophecy has been wrongly interpreted and this girl is the one God had meant to be yours. She's willing to marry you she says, and seems so open and genuine. She clings to you as if you're the only safe anchor in this world she knows nothing about. She needs you. This lovely, warm-hearted girl needs you. You decide to protect her. From the nobles, from the imperial faction and the Monique family's schemes. She says she loves you. Surely, what you feel for her must be love too. You don't know what love feels like, as you were never loved before. You'll try hard to love her too. Maybe this is your chance to escape. Escape this loveless marriage with this cruel Monique girl, escape the control of the imperial faction, and get the family and love you long for. You will not be a puppet king. You'll make the Monique girl your Queen. It is the honourable position of the Emperor's beloved and the Crown Prince's mother. That way, you won't offend the Monique family and you can keep the imperial faction on your side, without being controlled by them. It won't be easy with the Monique girl's pride. Surely, she'll try to hurt Jieun. Maybe she'll even scheme to get rid of Jieun. You'll have to be careful and put the Monique girl back in her place whenever she tries something suspicious. She was never meant to be the Empress, but she'll claim otherwise. She's been trained all her life for the position, so she won't step back quietly. You'll have to watch her, so that she can never hurt Jieun or you. But surely this is the best decision. God has sent Jieun to help you. You shall be a good Emperor and with Jieun by your side, as the prophecy foretold, you shall both bring peace and prosperity to the kingdom.

See the trick? This is called subjective writing. You empathise with a character and see the world only through his/her eyes. Their ennemies become yours, their ideas and insights become yours. And it's heavily used in AE, more than in other novel/manhwa. Hence the strong reactions against 1st Ruve, and the very mild reactions towards Allen.

As hard as it is, we have to remember that there is some truth to 1st Ruve's POV apart from the lies he was fed by Jenna. Aristia was cold and emotionless. She indeed never cared for her mother after she died. She didn't trust anyone, and had no friends. She even was in a very cold relationship with her father, and an even colder relationship with her fiancé. And this was all her own doing and choices (as second lieftime proved without a doubt.)
    She also never openly expressed 1st Ruve any bit of love or care. She only loved him from afar. And this is why 1st Ruve never found out about her feelings before it was too late. And misread her entirely all her life. Tia didn't care what people thought about her at all, and put on a prideful attitude to keep people at bay. This was her way to protect herself, but this ultimately became a weapon for her ennemies.

Am I saying this to justify the way 1st Ruve treated Tia? NO. Never.
    But the way 1st Ruve treated Tia can be explained (I didn't say "excused") with his perception of her, and the poison he was fed. 1st Ruve slapped her, but Tia was fed the same poison and she stabbed him. Which resulted in her trial and death sentence by her peers. 1st Ruve was actually hoping her father would plead in her favour and save her life. 1st Ruve never killed Tia. Nor Keirean. So this is unfair to accuse him of doing so. Stabbing the Emperor meant death. And what pushed Tia to stab 1st Ruve is not the mind trick her jealous, desperate and mad husband invented to make her reveal her true feelings, but the poison she was fed. As much as Tia is innocent of her stabbing 1st Ruve, 1st Ruve is innocent of hurting Tia due to the poison. Either they're both innocent or both guilty. Choose your poison (lol).

Ruve is not the villain of the story. And 1st and 2nd Ruve are not the same person. Just the same soul.
    Ruve and Tia are soulmates. That's what the author wanted to convey. They are destined to fall madly in love with each other, despite their own will. In first lifetime it's 1st Ruve who's unwilling. In second lifetime it's Tia. But in the end they are destined to fall for each other. And this has nothing to do with any prophecy. They both swore they wouldn't love each other, but love doesn't obey to reason or will.

If you want to be convinced that Ruve is a good ML, then just read the novel or the manhwa to the end, and then see what you think. I was convinced personally. But I know that some people will never be able to get over their first impression of him, because 1st Tia's POV is too vivid for them and they've identified too much with 1st Tia. :blobpensive:

@Detektivconan380 The Google Doc has been deleted. Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  14. chinguyen

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the author will be able to write good stories, if he/she handles this job with a professional attitude.
    I am reading a book called The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. Basically the author talks about creative blocks aka "resistance" and how its stopping artists/creators/entrepreneurs from living the life they could have lived - creating what they could be creating. Before the author got the success as he is today, he had to experience professional failure, several of them in fact - but he handled it with a professional attitude so he kept on failing before one day success hit him. This point about handling creative works with professional attitude really hit me, because it made me realised that only with a right attitude, would artist/creator be able to keep on creating.

So I don't think the author of Abandoned Empress should look at this as a setback, I mean he was able to create such strong reaction from the audience - a truly bad one wouldn't get any attention at all. Also, even with perseverance and hard work, it's not like any creator/writer would be able to find a muse that could inspire him/her to make good stuff. But since this author got the potential already, if he/she has the right attitude with this work, I think his next ones will age well just like wine.

15. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading when you said that the Prince was the villain. Why?
    The actual villain in this story is a old man related to the ML who wanted to get rid of her becuase of her lineage and what she represents to him. He was alreasy spoiled here.
    If you want to paint the ML as the villain, kudos to you. Sail with that ship. I prefer going with the canon since the story canon provides a baseline.

I already emphasized that the MC has the choice to pursue whatever she wants in the current timeline. Which she did becuase she had two.more guys falling in love with her . Her relationship with her father improved and for the better. If you want her to end with anybody but the prince, go ahead. But canon is she is with ML because she chose him over the course of plot and character development. Its okay not to agree with that just be reminded that might be fanfic material. I have questions…

1. Do you think the MC was incapable of making a decision on her choice of partner?
    2. If you think she was incapable, what will satisfy you to prove that she was capable?
    3. Do you think the story ‘forced’ her to this particular partner?
    4. If she was forced, dO you think the author didn’t care for the character to be forced in the story?

As for the writer, there is no point engaging with fans who throws shit at you without even completing the story. Or people who were mad enough to threaten because of something they felt wasnt given to them. I dont where ‘this heartfelt discussion’ is supposed to take place when most probably (if we had the same exp) the writer will be writing another piece and publishing is just getting monies for the webcomic. For me at least, it's better to have this incident discussed with peers. One way or another it has happened to another and I doubt any fan could relate to that kind of exp. Any public output is open for public feedback but it does not give anyone carte blanche to those types. At the end of the day, if the publisher sees that this type work is not worth the trouble or attention, it's back to writing tropey and formulatic things that sell and readers can love more easily.

16. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Marzipan?
    I showed this thread to a collegue at work and she wants to sincerely ask you what keep you going. She caught me responding to this series and I am happy to announce that she is interested in the series in between telling me that I am asking for my own funeral for convincing others.

Ariawolfgar and Eodez like this.
  17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    If you really want to know @Eodez has already spoiled in the numerous threads here. S/he has also answered numerous questions about what happened in the story that might convince you. But if you don’t want to be convinced, we can’t do that for you. We can only share what we knew happened. At very least, read the whole thing before going on a conclusion because the disconnect is so damn glaring.

Eodez likes this.
  18. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobxd:Haha well... I guess I want this thread to remain a safe place for people who genuinely love this story and really want to learn more about what's happening in the novel... Or maybe I'm a bit of a fool. :blobsweat_2:

Ps : I'm a "she" ^^

19. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarifying. She kinda knew my relationship with this thread and this story. I dunno the appeal of this read really. One moment I’m happy that people had the chance to read it. Other times I have to pull myself from snapping. Maybe I’m a fool too. And a bit stupid to write three fanfics about this series and maybe writing a similar veined plot. At least I know I might get shitted on later.

20. Jamjam

Jamjam Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u

Eodez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.