Recommendations Master and Disciple Comedy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KageTokage, Dec 3, 2019.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    I am looking for some Master + Disciple Comedy, I am mainly hoping for funny interactions between the two. Something like the master is incompetent but has a system or misunderstandings to raise super strong students. Or, the master just has some unorthodox methods.

Please no stories where the teacher is like, "Oh, Harry Potter and Naruto will make great disciples! Let's go and mess up their stories because the author is too lazy to make their own characters."

Ones I have already read/watched:

Dragon Ball (Master Roshi's training was amazing! Silly tasks, hard labor, turtle shells, and regular education all came back to help them later on. I especially liked how Krillin won over Chiaotzu because Chiaotzu couldn't do mental math and got confused. Then, after the match, the Crane Hermit was complaining, "whoever thought a martial artist had to be good in math.")

Master of Untold Dao (Dao Teacher System; slightly unique with some fun interactions between characters.)
    Supreme Sovereign of Martial World (Sect Leader System; had a cool "in-world" explanation for a item from the system shop that let the natives "level up".)

Running Away From The Hero (Original & Remake; Comedy Gold right here.)

Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4 (The guy's fate draws in misfortune so much the system gave up on him, gave him a teaching system, then told him even if he surrounds himself with MC students he is still probably going to die.)

My Female Disciples are Scary (Was Dropped by Author; guy is pushed around so much in the higher realms that when he dies and is sent back in time he decides to live an "ordinary" life.)

What Do You Mean My Cute Disciples are Yanderes? (Spiritual Successor of Above)

I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! (The master is an incompetent con-man, but the MC is so talented and gullible he makes the master's fake tricks into actual OP skills.)

Karate Kid (I grew up watching this. To see the mundane chores secretly be training was amazing!)

Great Teacher Onizuka (Got hired after the principle saw him beautifully suplex the vice-pinciple. Need I say more?)

2. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    MMWO and wookiesmuggler1 like this.
  3. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought History's Number 1 Founder was the one that takes the MCs from other stories as students?

5. kittycatclawz

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, its more just the generic trope archetype for the students, like one has the ancestor in ring trope, stuff like that, they greatly resemble mc's from stuff like BTTH, so thats fair enough lol, my bad

6. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked Library of Heaven's Path a lot. The system was interesting and the world building was alright. But the face-slapping comedy grew stale really quickly. At around chapter 150 I couldn't stand reading it but had fond memories, so I started again later on. At chapter 770 I stopped for good and accepted the fact that the MC is so brain-dead he ruins the rest of the story. Plot Armour can only be stuffed down your throat so much, eventually you have to throw it up and move on.

7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Deadbeat Master and Genius Disciple’s Misunderstood Workshop

8. acip80x3jfse

acip80x3jfse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the references is as bad as it can be and the story doesn't focus much about them
    but more about the shenanigans of the master's BS.

If you haven't read a few chapters I recommend you try it.

9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Too bad it hasn't been updated in almost two years.

10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Spirit Sword Mountain the one where the guy makes a vow during a match to never attack again and becomes a turtle?

11. kittycatclawz

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, he often uses loopholes in vow though

12. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there no other good recommendations?
    Deadbeat Master was good and I hope it get's picked up someday.

Unfortunately, History's Number 1 Founder is exactly what I don't like. If it was just him saying, "this is similar to a scene in Perfect World... let's use cliches to get ahead!" I would have been fine. Instead, it is, "oh, the Protagonist from Prefect World! I shall become your master."

I hate it when a story steals an entire world, adds one character, then calls it their story/fanfic (exaggeration of course). It is also why I dislike time travel appearing midway through a story with the potential to retcon everything I know and love (Cough*Boruto*Cough). At least have the decency to add it in the very beginning, so we don't get too invested in the story.

13. mastemind05

mastemind05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my disciple die again?
    and the other...
    my senior sister is offline?

14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read My Disciple Died Again, but stopped reading it for some reason.

I don't know this senior sister is offline though. Can I get some information on what it's about? I've heard of Master disconnected again, but I think the synopsis was slightly confusing or something because I gave it a no at the time.

15. mastemind05

mastemind05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe what you said more correct...
    i just skim the description before...
    havent read it yet...

your title more correct.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-master-disconnected-yet-again/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-big-brother-is-seeking-death-again/

16. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't get what it is about. The synopsis of My Master Disconnected Yet Again says she raised her "paw" but still tells me nothing about the story. My Big Brother is Seeking Death Again sounds great and funny... but only has two chapters.

Dr_H_16 and wookiesmuggler1 like this.
  17. wookiesmuggler1

wookiesmuggler1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I put down agreements. I got to the soul oracle part, but then it got super stale

18. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers: Just in case someone cares.

I was able to get to the Academy Arc through nostalgia by stopping then starting months later. However, he sneaks into the dancer's library as a soul because he is too cheap to spend points to get in, LEAVES HIS BODY IN A BUSH, then is like "oh, the wards make it so I can't get in or out unless someone opens the door. I'm bored, let's distract myself by closing my eyes! OH NO! The only person in here has left, now I am stuck in here! Darn, who would have thought they would leave while I was not paying attention for hours!"

No amount of positive feelings this story gave me at the beginning would have made this okay... especially since he did this sort of thing before.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  19. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    But what is it about? That is what I don't understand. Is there some twist to it being in a game world or something?