[Poll] Would you go naked in a country of nudists?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you wear clothing in a country of nudists?

1. I'm male - Yes, in fact I would wear even more clothing than I do now

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I would wear the same amount of clothing

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. I'm male - Yes, although I would wear less clothing

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. I'm male - Yes, but I wear wear the minimum amount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - I would try at first but probably stop wearing clothes later

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. I'm male - No, it's important to fit in with the locals

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. I'm male - No, it's a hassle to deal with clothing

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. I'm male - No, I'm fine with not wearing clothes

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. I'm male - No, I love this setting! I love nudists!

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  10. I'm male - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm female - Yes, in fact I would wear even more clothing than I do now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes, I would wear the same amount of clothing

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  13. I'm female - Yes, although I would wear less clothing

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  14. I'm female - Yes, but I wear wear the minimum amount

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  15. I'm female - I would try at first but probably stop wearing clothes later

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  16. I'm female - No, it's important to fit in with the locals

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  17. I'm female - No, it's a hassle to deal with clothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - No, I'm fine with not wearing clothes

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  19. I'm female - No, I love this setting! I love nudists!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  20. I'm female - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  21. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Adam and Eve probably didn't eat that apple (the original/first sin didn't happen in that world, which kind of makes you wonder why humans didn't stay in heaven in such case, what sort of sin did the Adam and Eve of that world made :hmm:)
    Anyway, if the concept of shame doesn't exist then there will be no need for clothes and in such case, a person appears covering themselves (putting something strange on themselves) then the residents of such world will get suspicious like an armed person covering their face in a bank :hmm:

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Except there is no concept of putting things on your skin. Hence the people would likely think that this is your skin...

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan already did, many times. Granted, it wasn't a 'country of nudists' but just an 'island of nudists', but hey, it still counts.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to think of it like that then sure, but the concept of something on the skin should still be there, like rain drops falling on someone, or leaves falling on someone, etc...

5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of disagree.

You can cover a person with mud, and since we don’t have a word for that, it’s just: person covered with mud.

However, hippopotamuses regularly cover themselves with mud, so in hippo culture there might be a special word for it, like “mudkulping” (made up word).

This doesn’t mean that people think it’s impossible to cover yourself with mud, it’s just strange to them.

Why stick a piece of metal through your ears?

It’s so barbaric!!! :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Fuck yes, I would! They don't have laws over tourist like me just awkwardly glancing on them exhibitionists
    2. They're not different from undergarments, but undergarments are specifically made to assist men's balls and women's boobs.
    3. Fuck no! Maybe if they were an extremely radical religious country... no, nation.
    4. I'm definitely dead and forgotten by that point of time with no son or daughter obviously.
    5. No. Yes, but I'm amateurish.

7. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realise this can be called as clothed in mud right? Plus the covering in mud would not be suspicious would it? So still why would being covered in clothing be seen as suspicious? Since they have no idea what it is... If you are taken anywhere it would be the hospital since it is weird to see someone in clothing and they might think you are infected with a disease or have a weird plant wrapped around your body...

AMissingLinguist and Lurking like this.
  8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of see concepts as a matter of language and culture.

For instance, eskimos have a dozen different words for snow. In ancient East Asia, 青 was the word for green/blue, and there was no distinction between green and blue.

In the absence of the word/concept, you can still try to describe “slightly bluish translucent snow that is slushy when you touch it” — but there is no word for it.

Consequently, in a culture that lacks clothing, it’s easy to say they wouldn’t have that word, and they would try to describe it in a roundabout fashion.

As for the “security risk” of clothes, this is taken from an 2000’s era French political issue — about whether Islamic hijabs should be banned because people can hide weapons underneath them. :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: The reality is probably just that people are uncomfortable with people who look/behave differently than they do.

Regardless of the security risk or not, someone running outside with a bedsheet over their head or an inverted potato sack is bound to attract attention. The person is immediately labeled as “crazy” — and “crazy” people are often considered dangerous/suspicious and get the police called on them.

Lurking likes this.
  9. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when in Rome do the same as romans

10. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely naked all the time? Only in a world without bugs, where everybody obsessively cleans their chairs/carry towels for sitting purposes (because no one wants to put their nude butt where your nude butt was sitting just moments before, even in nudist settings I bet) and where there are no sharp splinters in the woods.

Lets not completely forget the practical reasons why all known people wear some kind of clothing, even just stuff we recognize as underwear.

Loni4ever and Lurking like this.
  11. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    As they say, "When in Rome".

Id walk around naked and probably feel up some big boobs cause if their seen as regular body parts and not even sexualized then I can just become friends with someone then boom. big brain.

Plus accidentally putting a penie in someone wouldnt be seen as a crime since its just one body part touching another so itd be like arms rubbing each other. you could even make an excuse and say thats how people in your country greet each other.

12. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what an interesting concept that while fascinating, seems very unrealistic xDD all the stuff people mentioned above about clothes serving storage, hygiene and protection purposes; how would the human race have lived without them? They were invented cause they're useful and if nobody invented them, wouldn't that mean humanity as a whole was less inventive and problem solving? Of course, in the climate you described, humans would be able to survive without clothing protection regarding the weather. I'm sure there would be other possible threats/inconveniences though, like dangerous animals, uncomfortable or even dangerous ground types, other humans - things clothes (or armour) can help with. If those things didn't exist at all, humanity's situation would be so vastly different that I'd hesitate to even call them humans, particularly regarding the last point of humans as potential threats. For humans to not be a potential threat to each other, our psychology would have to be soooooo much more naturally peace loving and non aggressive, I'm not even sure how that would work xD so let's say these threats/inconveniences do exist. If there's a sufficiently significant problem, some humans are probably out to solve it, so the humans in your world would probably invent clothes sooner or later, or they're just reeaaally less creative compared to "normal" humans. Lol but maybe I'm getting too deeply into the "what if... but... if so... however"s rn, so I'll just answer your questions xD

1. Would you wear clothing in a country of nudists?
    Yeah, the minimum amount for hygiene, protection and storage purposes. Like panties, shorts, socks, shoes. If we're just talking about if I'd be alright walking around naked and being seen in a place like that, then in that sense I'd probably be fine going naked after a short period of getting used to it.
    2. What are your feelings about swim suits?
    Do you mean swimwear in general or a specific type? Anyway, they're nice and practical I guess. I'd probably wear a bottom piece for protection and hygiene.
    3. Do you think countries should have laws about the amount of clothes that people wear?
    I guess so, if it's laws about the minimum amount you have to wear in certain public spaces, to protect other people's feelings. If it's about private places or some maximum amount though, then absolutely not.
    4. Suppose 50 years in the future, human fashion has evolved so people wear even less clothing than they do now. How would you feel if you son/daughter wore even less clothing?
    If it's seen as normal, and they're healthy and safe, I guess I wouldn't care xD
    5. Could you make your own clothing from scratch? Could you repair/sew clothing?
    Nope lolol. Not even a bit actually... I could learn to though, if I was interested in it. Kinda sucks that I'd have to make my own stuff like shoes and underwear in that world cause nobody thought to come up with it :blobunamused::blobjoy:

Cutter Masterson and Lurking like this.
  13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to ask are Bras necessary for women?
    The same reason men have bottom clothing is to keep us from swing out. Is this the reason behind bras? I could see underwear being needed for running, jumping and other physical activity.
    If this is to personal. I understand not answering, but I just realize why we have a need for underwear.
    So any answer is appreciated.

Loni4ever and Femme Fatale like this.
  14. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Nopes, we don't need bras....it's a societal thing. There is a consensus that they can in fact damage breast tissue and are a factor in breast cancer.

In saying that, after a certain size...*COUGH* and the wobble factor when running and playing around, some support is still welcomed ... that is my personal opinion, not based on science.

Loni4ever and Cutter Masterson like this.
  15. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    bras damage breast tissue?

i was told repeatedly that not wearing bra can make lose perkiness in boobs from lack of support?

i wear bras to hide nipples and as extra pockets tbh

16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your size and how active you are.

If you're active/exercising, not having enough support... for some women it can hurt.

17. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I was told that too! So imagine my shock when my doc was like.....wah wah boobs are perky or not genetically. O.O Pregnancy, gravity and aging are the culprits of 'sag'. I was like GREAT! Sign me up!

The thing about breast cancer is about drainage in the lymph nodes....I'm of that age where breast screening is a thing..... >_>

Cutter Masterson and Lurking like this.
  18. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you wear clothing in a country of nudists?
    Yes, coz it’s tropical and tropical means MOSQUITOES

2. What are your feelings about swim suits?
    I prefer wetsuits lol...also MOSQUITOES

3. Do you think countries should have laws about the amount of clothes that people wear?
    NOPE. But ya gotta do something about them MOSQUITOES

4. Suppose 50 years in the future, human fashion has evolved so people wear even less clothing than they do now. How would you feel if you son/daughter wore even less clothing?
    Imma be a loner, but I’d be scared for the neighboring kids getting dengue or malaria or some MOSQUITO shit

5. Could you make your own clothing from scratch? Could you repair/sew clothing?
    Nah, Imma kidnap my grandma or maybe that kid from the textile department next door in my college. Maybe they can create MOSQUITO repellent clothing?

Loni4ever, Femme Fatale and Lurking like this.
  19. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    heard bras fight the gravity sag cause?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  20. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    i recently did way too much mosquito/malaria research so i get this

but... mosquitos only exist for comedic purposes in anime worlds

Loni4ever and Femme Fatale like this.