Fitness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Heimdallr, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried looking in the forum but only found saitama jokes :I

I am not fat or anything but I after entering university I haven't done any sport at all. My problem is that I am too broke for a gym and don't really need it so I was looking for some simple exercises I can do at home.
    I have like an hour time everyday aside from monday and tuesday.

Loni4ever likes this.
  2. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some basic cardio + exercises like push- / sit ups can go a long way

Don't forget stretching and that training = cultivation (tedious and taking time to really show effect, no sudden breakthroughs sadly :/)

3. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try looking into calisthenics.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  4. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to search for cardio workouts at home, i go to the gym now but before i always did exercises at home when i could, do push ups, curls and others, try the app Runtastic that is an app by adidas and has tons of exercises you can do at home.

5. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a treadmill at home. I jury rigged a plywood over the handles to make a makeshift table. I end up doing 2 hours of walking (at a 2.5-2.7km/h speed ) a day before I notice it just by surfing the web, studying, doing assignments, and playing games. If you want to play video games I wouldn't recommend RPG or FPS games which require a lot of hand movement instead try turn based games like CIv or total war

6. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Run, and you shall wake to the greater truths of being a human. Crunches will tone your defiance to be rock solid. The ups will teach you the technique of getting through the lows. And, the last one, the one exercise above all, mate and you will need none else.

7. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gained 3kg throughout my three years in university and was also too broke for gym so I used the school gym but I wasn't consistent. You could also dabble in intermittent fasting (try out 8 hours of eating and 16 hours of fasting before cutting it down by 2 more hours intervals) and if you're not into intense running cardio you could try reaching 10k steps a day. I would walk for 2 hours at night with my friend whenever I felt too lazy to run. I started this diet+exercise this mid-July and in four months, I lost 5-6kg. Nowadays, it's too cold to go out so I've been lazy. PS. The key is consistency in both diet+exercise imo

Edit: (Including some of my favorite fitness Youtubers to watch)
    Natacha Oceane and Jeremy Ethier for knowlege and breakdown of fitness
    Chloe Ting, Holly Dolke and MadFit for following 10 minute exercises. Blogilates is wayy too intense for me to follow her workouts. (All female fitness youtubers if you don't mind that.)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  8. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Saitama... This?

9. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Search the app - 7 minute workout and do the workout of your convenience. I recommend the 30 days challenge at hard mode. Trust me it's great. Also don't do dieting.

mir likes this.
  10. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  11. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting chased by hoodlums & rapid dogs will surely make your body fit. :aww:

Just don't get caught. :blobsalute:

12. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i suggest download any abs workout in the google playstore its easy + you dont really need to buy anything. And do a little cardio like jogging 30mins before you do the workout

13. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheeseburger workout

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard sex is a great way of exercising your fat, untrained muscles and prostate control.

This is second hand information, so unless you've confirmed it, do tell if it works or not.

Loni4ever likes this.
  15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard good things about the 7 minute workout that @An Anime Addict suggested.

My recommendation is to dance. You only need music and a little bit of floor space.

Many exercises focus on one group of muscles at a time, while you use many different ones at the same time with dancing, and it helps with flexibility, balance and reaction time too.

The downside is that certain moves can cause damage to your body, don't do those. Things like spinning leaps are bad, ok? Avoid moves that don't feel good on your knees or ankles. Other things should be fine.
    Stretch before starting, or start slow and go fast after 5 or 10 minute of dancing with slow stretching type movements.
    Mostly, you just need to pay attention to feedback from your body. It's not supposed to hurt like with specific muscle targeted exercise. Tired is good, pain is not good. Slowly test new movements instead of trying to do them very fast the first time.

...... This is all guesswork from what I've done though, so the reliability of what I've said is low.
    And I'm certainly not very strong, so if that's what you want, it's not the best choice.

But if you ok with that, and you want an exercise you can do at home, that will help with fitness, and is easier to get motivated to do consistently than other types of exercise, I recommend dancing. :sushi_yes:

16. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Calisthenics is free. :blobwoah: You can do pushups, crunches, and squats. :blobwoah: If you think that's too boring, do burpees—the variation with pushups and jumps. :blobpeek:

17. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fitness=one way to help make America great again!

18. Temujin

Temujin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Danny Gonzalez, Drew Gooden and Jarvis Johnson videos.

Nah, but more seriously I've enjoyed side leg lifts because I can lay in bed and lift. Plus squats in the shower to do something while shampoo works on my hair. Check out these awkward wikihow illustrations.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Leg-Lifts

19. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if I am projecting my lack of motivation here but are you sure you'll wanna do 1 hour everyday? xD if it turns out you don't wanna do a whole hour, that's probably fine too as long as you challenge yourself accordingly. I do about 15-25 mins a day and I notice the improvements :blob_grin: also, I listen to music with earphones while I work out, it helps immensely xD

Apparently cardio is great for burning fat, just search "beginner cardio routine" on YouTube, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.
    I personally don't do much cardio cause I don't have enough motivation for it XDD and all the jumping and fast paced stuff is making my earphones fall out lololol
    One YouTube channel whose exercises I like to use is called "xhit", you may wanna take a look at them. There's plenty of other great stuff too on YouTube, and a nice variety of bodyweight exercises you don't need any tools for. Just look up "bodyweight/at home exercises for legs/arms/back/.." :aww:
    It's good to target different muscle groups on consecutive days, like e.g. day 1 arms, day 2 legs, day 3 abs, day 4 back and chest. (Edit: if you're more into cardio rather than muscle work, I heard it's good to do more or less taxing cardio of max 30mins 5 days a week, with 2 days to recover. Helps with losing fat)
    Once you found a nice set of exercises, stick with it for a while so you can notice your improvements; it's really motivating and gratifying :blob_grin:

Well, everyone has their own way to work out. Good luck finding the one that's fitting for you :blob_pompom:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    mir likes this.
  20. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Horse stance, maybe add some weights on your arms, hands or use some grippers while doing it :hmm: