LCD The Simple Job of Only Perishing to the Hero

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zone Q11, Aug 9, 2018.

1. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid that's not the case.

2. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at chapter 8 and I am confused.

How did the character change his personality all of the sudden? Was it at chapter 6 or something? But all of the sudden the timid guy was all cunning... the whole backstory portrayed him & then boom, no hint or explanation how he changed.

Furthermore, I don't get is how he treats the maid. The maid is basically following the will of that evil god with no loyalty to the mc. Therefore, her goal is for him to eventually perish is it not? Yet, all of this backstory & details are ignored while she is now portrayed as a scary follower that would follow the path the mc chose. It's weird...

Did I miss chapters or was there some issues in the translation? It seems that the whole start of the novel is ignored.
    I mean, since when did start to have any sort of will or motivation to not perish at hero's hands? He was portrayed as the perfect puppet/marrionate because of his cowardice... yet, since when did he have the courage to scheme to unite the whole continent?

Makes no sense. It feels like bad writing & it puts me off... I might drop this as I will regret all the annoyance & rage this confusion starts. Will we start to get some proper development or explanation? I want it to make some sense...

3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, right. That pissed me off too at first. I ignored that because I assumed that it was some kind of mistranslation. Moreover, those first chapters might be from his point of view. He started to get into his role as a demon king. Here's the catch, demon king isn't a class nor a profession. It's a race so there may be a little bit something to it. Also what the evil god says may not be true since she's there just to cause chaos. Though that doesn't change the fact that the time skip is still badly implemented.

4. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't get it.

Even that Nino... It feels I am reading a totally different novel from the first chapter or 2... it's like I started a new anime & started on the 6th episode, skipping the start. Weird.

I don't know how it will get better. For .e.g with Nino... all of the sudden she's going west to destroy the majin there... except, there was no proper introduction.. it's like everything happened all of the sudden. Instant transmission in plot, scheming & development.

I dropped it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I haven't looking at the raw and I don't wanna do it. Vermudol basically wanted a revolution since some of the mazoku didn't have the same view that Vermudol hold. To make matter worse, the majority of the mazoku in the west was known to holed themselves up in a dungeon and claimed to be a demon king. That would only obstruct his rule as a legitimate demon king. I still wish that author could have handled those few first chapters better though since it can throw off some readers.

6. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to risk reading this & later think "welp, that was terrible & wasted so many hours of my life..."

Does he get better at writing? Any proper motivation or explanation? I get what he wants but I don't get how he suddenly got that motivation. "I remember in a game... " and then boom.

7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah. there will be explanation for his actions later

8. Mynbns

Mynbns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone done reading the raws? What happened to the ending of this novels??

9. Datdobazan

Datdobazan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good novel :D

10. Cantelope

Cantelope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my GOD, the Canal Kingdom arc is so god damn BORING

11. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    and if the status in coo is true, then for a final volume this is shit intro for an ending.

12. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Staff demon: Good bye my current life.

Any bets she comes back using that golden staff to pretend to be the 1st princess?

13. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect the god behind all this to be the god of Balance. Though I could be wrong.
    They always mention he/she/it as polar opposites. Creator/Destroyer, Affirm/Deny, etc.
    A being that has seen too much, repeated over and over. Now only caring about entertainment.

14. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    Man v10 c9-10 are confusing as hell

15. animefan

animefan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me which girls are in the MC's harem in the end?

16. Rase10

Rase10 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this LN is only about 60% completion compared to the WN version.
    Liked the WN version.
    it's a pity they only stop at Canal Kingdom arc, though there is still far from end.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023