Discussion Overgeared : Rotten Garbage!!! (~_~)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Thousandswords, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say give it a read and make up your own mind! Just don't expect him to be turn into a decent person like I did, or you might get annoyed and quit reading.

We've all got our guilty pleasures, and you might enjoy shameless protagonists. Hell I read Ark and LMS, which are very similar in many ways to this, and those protagonists are also douchecanoes. I read many more unspeakably trash novels, hidden in secret rss feeds and bookmarks, so I'm a hypocrite... so maybe it's like Blitz said.

2. Hoff2567

Hoff2567 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I'm trying but man is it dull so far. LMS? Jeez if it's gonna be like that I may as well drop. LMS bored me to tears.

3. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    this is wrong comparison. avarice MC is a SOB as background story or let just say chapter 0. when the novel start aka chapter 1, he already a good human being that wanna to correct his mistake.

overgear MC is shitty human being from chapter 0 to <insert chapter number>

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  4. Lumiin

Lumiin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean to be fair though the current Seol in SCoG is shaped quite largely by the fact that he existed as his 1st timeline self which in all honesty, even though we’ve literally got just one ish chapter of him and maybe a few mentions here and there from throughout the Novel I Like the 1st timeline Seol more than the current maybe that’s just because I fucking love Slaughter Gods but simply from everything we currently know about Paradise and SCoG in general you know that his 1st timeline self went through so much hardship, suffering and pain to get where he got in the first chapter so it really is very unfair to make such a comparison when his 1st timeline self is a major factor/influencer on our current MC Character and Development since he spent an entire life time in paradise living through a much more difficult situation than the Seol that we know and love.

It ain’t that Seol just up and stops being a gambling addict one day, it’s the influence his feelings transmitted from his 1st timeline self that pushes his development as a person so strongly but more importantly in such a short amount of time. You have to understand the first one hundred chapters of OG makes total sense and in my opinion is a very good progression of character without losing his innate quality that makes Grid himself, Greed. I could go into this but this is getting long so I’ll finish on the fact that the 1st timeline Seol’s experiences could very well be over 100 chapters fuck it could be an entire Novel and I’d fucking enjoy that shit no joke I’d pay for that shit that’s how much I vibe to SCoG right now and that’s why I can’t clown you because yes it is very good character development, yes I fuck with it, but more importantly 1st timeline Seol is still the current MC Seol, they’re the same person so he deserves for his character to be developed so quickly I mean he experienced an entire other life time.

Seol no joke deserves everything he currently has in SCoG and more but you got to understand in another lifetime we could have very well had Seol start of as absolute scum, as a red mark slave wasting his potential to eventually becoming a slaughter god and I would very well enjoy that that’s good Character development in fact it is very similar to Grid’s development his story so I just wanted to say maybe fast development is a good thing and your free to have your own opinions but it’s rather hypocritical to say Seol is good and Grid is trash (I mean their development can’t be assed) when they had to go through very similar experiences because although 1st timeline and 2nd timeline Seol are the same person they’re still 2 entirely different characters two separate egos and it’s the influence of his 1st timeline self that holds a major part in shaping the MC of Second Coming of Gluttony/Avarice.

That’s all I’m trying say.

5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Im just turned off by how detached the concept of the game world is, it dont make any sense for an actual game to function comercially..
    If its a real game its one I wouldnt want to play because how unbalanced it was...

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please check the date before posting in a thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.