Why you should NOT visit Japan.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by userunfriendly, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That's no different from going over to your friend's house for the week end only to vandalize their property. You can't help but wonder at what else their police have to experience just to approve this into a law.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2019
  2. serguis

serguis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That video is intersting (at least the first half)
    The graffiti's stuff is honestly boring and useles (it's like saying : crime => punition ...)

What's impressive is the fact that for 23 days, you can't make a call (if the guardian doesn't want you to), you lawyercan't be here during interrogation and the "right to remain silent" is actually a "right to be oppressed".

Clearly, the so called "1/8 of the americans crime" is because all small crime either don't get caught or confess directly to get out as swiftly as possible.
    I wonder what's the separation of this number between smalls offenses and bigs ones.

GDLiZy, imK, asriu and 2 others like this.
  3. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't go anywhere if you don't have a brain
    period---

imK, 0000000 and userunfriendly like this.
  4. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Come to India if you want to graffiti (paint walls). Free labour is highly appreciated over here.

5. Doutei-Sama

Doutei-Sama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of hard for them to think about that point if they don't have a brain though...

0000000 and userunfriendly like this.
  6. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isnt there a case where someone graffiti the wall on singapore and got whipped as punishment?
    jailed in japan is not that harsh of a punishment

7. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    why would I waste money going to japan only to visit its prison ?

mir, 0000000 and userunfriendly like this.
  8. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Why assholes should stay the fuck away from the pristine country of Japan and be perma-banned from entry. You get what you deserve for being a shit head.

0000000 likes this.
  9. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that should be common sense though, break the law in a country you get punished for it

0000000 and userunfriendly like this.
  10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I visited Japan before, was fun, and definitely will go again when time permits.

Though the doujinshi-con is overrated.

And I always fail to get the chance to go to buy myself some H doujins too, big sad when they are removing them from 7-elevens thanks to the Olympics.

Though why the fuck would someone go break a common law of vandalism and though it is cool is beyond me.

11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Other problems aside, their laws is why the country is so clean and tidy. 23 days in jail for graffiti? Haha, I wish it was the same here.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time i went to japan, i vandalize the wall and not got caught. I even put my name and nothing happened.

i wrote "greetings from the philippines, ramen here is great!!!" on the white board on the entrance. Lol

13. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Try doing something like that in the USA (i mean breaking laws) and they might just throw you out of the country instead of the jail and well everything like that can be avoided by using the thing known as common sense which somehow is not common at all:facepalm:

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan has actually been arrested in Japan once for a reason Ai-chan won't explain, but it was a very disappointing experience.
    It's not really all that short. It's comparable to American Catholic school skirts and longer than Thailand university uniform's skirt. While it's true that there may be girls who wear shorter skirts, those mostly were not school-approved. The general rule of skirt length is slightly above the knee and most schoolgirls abide by this rule, with the shorter ones being seen as attention seekers and of rebellious attitude.

mir, Westeller, ongoingwhy and 4 others like this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah da infamous forced confession while there rumour police use violonce on past here this cat think forced confession by detain for 23 quite better lul for lazybum~
    you see it is really boring on jail add with interrogation for long time it is no wonder most cat will break down~
    anyway this cat think that youtuber is also da one who upload strange law on japan
    put it simple just follow what other jp cat do and never go againts cone cuz da cone is scarier than police~

mir and Arcturus like this.
  16. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how did this post get so many likes, the op must be jealous :blobhyperthink::blobcat_hyper:

userunfriendly likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It is sad that people do not get the point of the post.
    A blanket law against graffiti is stupid.
    There are places all over the world that actually encourage it in some areas.
    It's a form of art.
    For an artistic country, like the thread originator, I am disappointed in Japan's backward laws.
    I would think graffiti would be allowed in some places.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope I think you not get it
    art is relative
    graffiti may seem cool or artistic but it can easily turn into vandalism hence not backwards law at all
    on that video there graffiti even da lawyer explain those graffiti about against drugs or something hence quite safe to say graffiti allowed to certain extend

19. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Why! oh why! Would you think its a good idea to break the law in another country? Even before watching that very informative video I knew it wasn't a good idea. Let's say I commonly shoplifted, I would still not do it when I'm in a different country. It's best to play it safe, in everything, while in a different country. but yeah that system is super strict. I feel bad for the guy who tried to steal a 180 yen rice ball and was put in jail for a year before being sent back. Also, it sucks its so common to force a confession. I know it happens in the US and probably in all countries but I don't think its as common as Japan. haha but I have no research to back up that thought. So...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  20. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the video's emphasis was really on the fact that you can be punished for breaking the law in another country (oh my!), but on its criticisms of Japan's legal system, alleging forced confessions to crimes that haven't actually been committed, long detainment and limited rights for prisoners - even without being proven guilty of anything.

serguis, mir, Arcturus and 3 others like this.