Discussion What do you think is the worst Indie game ever?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Burai1992, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what do you guys think is the worst Indie game ever?

Mime would be:
    * FNAF (Variety-less and Unscary Jumpscare simulator)
    * Undertale/Deltarune (Hipster-pandering Earthbound rip-off)
    * DDLC (Edgelord-pandering Visual Novel)
    * Baldi's Basics (Literally God's vision of what Hell actually looks like)

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately I don't play the games you state, but Undertale has its cult. DDLC is interesting to me as it somehow manage to have the game to find you steam name instead of your ingame name and sort of forces you to actually delete ingame save files to proceed, which has not been done for quite awhile compared to the fake death screen in solid snake.

3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many craptastic indie games that are made to scam people on steam that it would be impossible to list them all.
    The Warz comes to mind as an egregious example.

imK, Silentstorm, patient and 2 others like this.
  4. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    CupHead

P.S I can’t even beat TreeTop troubles stage!

5. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    well its not an indie game or so i think, Firebound? thats its name or so I think, i i literal deleted its bame in my mind...basically it has an illusion of choice no matter what you decide it doesnt matter it will still do whats it programmed to do.. and you can only defeat the boss with only s specific build, you can try other builds but it will literally take you ages to kill it and if you missa window then fuck you

6. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not, none of the games listed are even approaching levels of terrible, they are just games that maybe aren't your thing, a truly terrible game is one where everyone can agree it is trash. Look for games like "Special Counter Force Attack" or "Run Naked Woman Run", those are the worst indie games.

imK, MrSplashy, Blitz and 9 others like this.
  7. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo something like Yandere Simulator? A game with a developer with his head so far up his ass that he denies any actual help with his shitty coding, streams on twitch all the time then complain that he doesn't have enough time to make his shitty game and just leech off the patreon money gullible weebchildren give to him?

imK, MrSplashy, Blitz and 1 other person like this.
  8. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle is the worst I've played that's an indie game, but it was kinda fascinating and enjoyable to play. It's not great, but it's self aware like Bubsy goes to the James Turrell Retrospective

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    legrand legacy,

LordCorwin likes this.
  10. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll properly explain:
    FNAF: So, you still want to waste $5 on this useless game? Why don't you just pirate it? Either way, if you do want to buy the game or already own it, here's how to play. Night 1: Listen to that nerd who had the job before you explain how to get through it all. He'll give you all the tricks to survive. It's simple, close door when you feel threatened, open it if you don't, check monitor, look more for any of the animatronic animals trying to murder you. Oh and you also have limited power, the door and monitors drain the power quicker. Night 2-5: The nerd dies on the fourth night. Repeat the same process as Night 1 nerd, oh and don't forget to pick up your paycheck, you got only $120 for risking your life guarding this place. GG. Night 6: 1337 mode. The animatronics are now deadlier than usual and you don't have that nerd calling you before you risk your life for the 6th night in a row. Your reward is overtime pay of only 50¢ and Employee of the Month. Must feel good getting little pay and praise for doing nothing but sitting in an office all night begging to be killed. Night 7: Custom mode. Try beating the game with 20/20/20/20 if you're so hardcore.

Undertale/Deltarune: There's some rumors about whoever climbs said mountain will never come back. You're a human child that despite knowing of this, decided to climb it without any reason in doing so. Now you're stuck within the Underground, and you have to face many monsters on your search for a way out. Also, something to do with the choices you make having consequences, but either way, regardless of the choices you make, the game will try to make you feel bad about it anyway. It also turns out that the monsters cannot leave the Underground and go to the surface because there's some magical barrier in Mt. Ebott. The game tells you that human souls are powerful because of their determination and turns out that monsters can carry the soul of humans. If they get a good couple of those, they can become "God".
    Due to the fact that the game was crowdfunded, it means that one of the rewards for backing the game was to let you design your own monsters for the game, so you can expect to run into a lot of unique monster designs that were designed by random losers. Whenever said encounters happen, depending on how you play, the game either will play either like a dating sim in which you get into friendly rational situations to make friends, or you can kill everything you meet, which equals to making the game into having the easiest RPG battles ever and having no friends. Either way, when it's not your turn, you'll have to dodge their attacks like you're playing a bullet hell game. Given the fact that it's not always hard to dodge what's coming at you, it doesn't really outweigh how easy the battles tend to be, so you might as well be playing the game in case you're bored off your ass. Another perfectly reasonable choice to do is to just look up someone else's playthrough, because I can assure you that the experience will be about the same. Undertale has different routes that can lead to multiple endings. Whenever you're near the end of the game, Sans will show up and he'll judge you depending of your amount of kills. Instances of re-used soundtracks: Mettaton NEO's theme and Undyne the Undying's theme are the same with the pitch changed, "Megalovania" has been used almost note for note by Toby before in his EarthBound hacks and in Homestuck, The somber music that plays in the Genocide Run when you've killed all the mobs in an area is an incredibly slowed down loop of the first portion of Flowey's theme, "The Pathetic House" is actually part "Spider Dance" slowed down, "Undertale" is "The Choice" sped up by 666%, "Snowy, Snowdin Town", "Shop", "Dating Start!", "Dating Fight!", "So Cold and Bring It In, Guys!" all share the same melody/motif. "Tem Shop" and "Dogsong" both use the same melody. Anticipation shares the same bassline with Enemy Approaching. The rhythm for the melody in "Enemy Approaching" is actually the rhythm in "Dogsong".

Baldi's Basics: The unholy bastard child of FNAF, Slenderman, Undertale/Deltarune and DDLC. Despite being marketed as a "horror" game, the only things that are actually horrific about the game are its atrocious Windows 95 graphics and MSpaint character designs. The game's sorry excuse for a "plot" revolves around attempting to locate 7 notebooks and answer 3rd grade math problems while your teacher—the titular Baldi—chases you around the school and attempts to spank you with a wooden ruler should you answer any of his questions wrong. Because the You-Can-Think Pad is hacked, after answering five of Baldi's questions the game glitches out and gives you a garbled mass of Zalgo text that forces you to fail and submit to a brutal spanking from Baldi.

LordCorwin likes this.
  11. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere Simulator is Moe-blobs pandering to Edgelords just like DDLC anyway...

12. patient

patient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you mean Bound by Flame?

13. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    yah, hated that game

14. patient

patient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I hated it too. It had misleading trailers too, felt cheated.

imK and SquirFail like this.
  15. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The category of "Indie Games" doesn't really have a floor, right? Isn't it just any video game not made by a company that has previously made games? :hmm:

In that case then the worst indie game I've played would probably be the game I programmed in about two hours in scratch in my gcse computing class where you had to hit seagulls with a sprite of a picture of one of my teachers I found on Google images :blobrofl:

Idk about baldi's basics, but for fnaf and undertale didn't you just describe them in a monotone and uninterested way? I don't really see how anything you put is actually criticising them...

16. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    Fine, here's some much more in-depth exposures of FNAF and Undertale:

17. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This, there are a lot of cheap really badly made games where nothing seems to work, they look awful, or even if they do work, the content is just pure trash, the OP examples are actually good to memetic.

Anyways, can't think of any, there are many examples, a lot are basically games that cost less than 5 to 1 bucks, but i tend to avoid crap as much as possible so...yeah, The Warz too.
    Mostly because of the difficulty?

Because graphics alone make this not the worst indie game, the game is so good and fun to look at, i love the art style and animations, the music is also good, though i guess it can get frustrating?

I beat the game, but didn't do any of the extra hard challenges nor am i someone that beats the game without taking any damage, but it's beatable, even if i had to try quite a few times at that damn bee boss.