LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I considered that, but honestly, their personalities feel too dissimilar. Isa feels younger, and less experienced. Also, the Pope didn't die. She just ran away.
    Honestly, I don't think the author will phrase it as a fall. I think he'll phrase it as her maturing or something. He's been very bloodthirsty in his worldview so far.

2. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally feel Isa has been portrayed exactly the same way the Pope was. Arrogant, likes playing with her prey, secretly installed a bunch of cards to ensure everything goes her way during confrontation, and so blinded by her own methods that she doesn't even consider there might be a counter-plan

3. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it believe that guru Isa and the Pope are the same individual, maybe fate island is where the Pope ran away into the card to avoid the explosion

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so guru Isa is basically confirmed to be the pope and this whole fog island arc is weird as hell, I hope the author will explain some of this stuff later...

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "When you carry this card with you, every hour you will receive 1 Soul Points" Well now, that's a bit OP, especially with the System to help her spend them. Though, it makes me wonder if she can loan it out to the MC. I hope she can't. If she can, she almost certainly would and he definitely doesn't need it. On a similar note, I wonder if there's a time distortion, and if so, how many SP she'll manage to accumulate before returning to reality.

So, did the System give her memories of her "mother"? It seems unlikely that there'd be records in the library that the ring could have found.

I wonder if they'll kill Isa as easily as they planned to kill her.

That aside, it seems likely that Isa is the pope, but I still don't think their personalities match, and I have to wonder how she got there when she didn't die.

Also curious why they hate cultivation so much. Wouldn't it make fighting the apocalypses and demons much, much easier?

6. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    most likely she got the memories as a reward from the system for completing the quest to get a new identity.
    what if the pope did die on the explosion and the card she used was to send her to the island in order to change her fate?, and what about the pope personality?, she hasnt appeared enough times to say we know her personality.
    also there is the possibility that changing your fate will have effects on your psyche, after all Su Xue Er changes on her personality while logical are happening too fast, is not easy for a normal person to adapt to such a paradigm shift so fast

Astaroth likes this.
  7. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if she actually did die, even before the novel started? When we were introduced to her, she was described as looking heavenly with a halo and wings, but uses a veil to cover up her disfigured face. I've always thought of that as a sign that she was already capable of going back and forth between Fog Isle and Reality. And notice how they described the Elders of the school, they are masters of their own worlds - which means the fact that there are many worlds is common knowledge. Her identity as the Pope means she doesn't have to be in Reality all the time, she could just go somewhere while her subordinates handle things, and we don't really know what a Guru really does so it's hard to say if she actually needs to be present there 24/7 as well.

Probably because they believe that their method is more effective. You don't build an entire institute that teaches groups of hundreds per student generation without having an effective system for that. Similar to how cultivation sects forbid their students to learn anything except their own scriptures in some novels

jacobpaige and Astaroth like this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    OP, how?

MC can get Soul Points much faster with little effort, that 1 SP/hour is negligible. And that's assuming that it can go over the SP cap (though practically everything seems to be capable of doing that...).

It would be a lot more useful for herself than for MC, since 1/hour is pretty good when low level (and technically it would have been pretty good even at MC's level, since it's just a few hundred points to the max, but MC has overcapped the limit with several thousand SP so it's not useful for him.)

And of course, that's assuming that she could even get SP normally, remember how regular players use EXP instead of SP? If she can't get SP from killing shit then 1/SP every hour is really good.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that cultivation enhances God's Chosen skills and does not conflict with them, this seems more like a way of limiting their strength than anything else.
    He can get that much because he's the MC and gets SP thrown at him for sneezing. For normal people, SP are powerful and extremely difficult to acquire, as we can see from the tianma's attitude towards them, and the amount of power that his swords can put out for only 10-100 SP.

I'm going to guess that you didn't actually finish reading what I wrote...

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the Though, it makes me wonder if she can loan it out to the MC. part and immediately had to reply... :blobsweat:

But yeah exactly, it's really good for anyone else other than the MC

lunarshadow and jacobpaige like this.
  11. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you forget there's an opportunity cost for learning multiple things at once. Not everyone have a cheat system like the MC does, and i'm pretty sure the method to cultivate God's Chosen skills in the cultivation uses everything else as a secondary power, not a primary one, unlike here where they use it as their main power.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, unless GC skills can dramatically increase lifespan, the opportunity cost is actually not learning cultivation and dying an early death.

13. Mr99Percent

Mr99Percent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Less game elements more cultivation.....This is what I see in this novel

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So if the requirement to receive the system was to be the only beta player in fog island, then how come the pope hadn't already received it before MC's girlfriend (already forgot her name lulz) even showed up?

15. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR

16. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    most likely the system could only start when a minimum amount of tester were available, so basically the pope got played by the ring A.I. and su xuer only acted her part of the story

17. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure that they hate cultivation specifically, it seems more like they're of the "anything outside of what we preach is heresy" camp.

I would imagine they would react the same way to any text that isn't on the approved reading list.

Calling it "heresy" implies dogma, which implies stupidity. So yeah, banning things that could potentially make them stronger makes perfect sense when you're dealing with a bunch of brain dead zealots. Even in the face of utter annihilation.

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C345: "her tone of voice, her gestures, her choice of words. They were exactly the same." I really have to wonder just how much of her supposed mother's information the system gave her. Honestly, it feels like what would normally be an excessive amount.

"This is the cruelest type of interrogation method which will always leave a scar on the recipient’s soul." This doesn't really feel like it would be worth damaging her soul over. It feels like she'd have multiple other paths that would have different, less permanent costs that she could take instead. Not to mention the risk of them asking the wrong questions during the interrogation. Unless of course, she was assuming that the offer alone would be good enough and she wouldn't actually need to do it.

“If someone had indeed done so, I truly apologize" How is that the truth? Or is it not counted as part of her answer, and thus not judged? Or is she sorry because it made it harder to fool Isa?

Well, she worked quite hard to dig that grave for herself. If she'd just stayed out of it, then she might have been able to bargain the punishment down to something she could at least survive.

C346: Wow, wasn't expecting her to live. I thought for sure the Sentinel would kill her.

"if she doesn’t think of a solution quickly, she will die there." Well, assuming she's the pope, couldn't she just return to Reality? Or does that require something from the island?

It's not a requirement to receive the system. Its a requirement to keep the system. Su Xue Er would probably get this quest again if someone new showed up from Reality. It's just unlikely that any such person will appear. Well, I suppose Isa could send someone, but that seems really unlikely. She doesn't feel like the sort that would be willing to share power.

Astaroth likes this.
  19. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she was hiding out here because 1) She was hurt and exhausted pretty badly by GQS and 2) Once she saw the cataclysms coming she pretty much gave up on Earth. Also if the system is similar to GQS's there's either a time limit before you can return, or a specific condition that has to be met. That being said, now that she's booted from the system, she might get forcibly shoved back to reality or be stuck and have to find some means back on her own.

Considering they're called beta testers, it makes you think that at some point in the future multiple people will be allowed to have the system. My guess is at the end of the beta test, whoever is the sole beta tester may get the privilege to send the system to other people.

As an aside, the card that she got that generates 1 soul point an hour is pretty freakin' incredible and OP. We're just spoiled by GQS breaking reality with the war god system. And that requires putting his life on the line to battle and kill opponents more powerful than he is. At his current cultivation level he only a theoretical max of 30 Soul Points. Basically once Su Xue Er gets back to reality and gets a set of complete cultivation techniques from GQS, she could technically reach his cultivation level in a handful of days (barring system cooldowns) just by sitting around the house and eating bon bons.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if she's allowed to spend her SP on learning things, which is unlikely. The author won't want to share what makes the MC OP with any other characters. She'll most likely be limited to using xp, or cultivating naturally. I expect her SP will instead be spent on activating her other cards. Though, I totally agree with it being a super powerful ability, and expect anything she spends SP on to be ridiculously strong.