Recommendations Otome World minus Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by IrregularPerson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I adore “Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai vs. Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko” and I want to find more!
    I’ve read similar titles like:
    “I ♂ Tripped into an Otome Game”
    “Isekai Tensei, Ore ga Otome ge de Kyuuseishu”

“Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess”
    “ Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute”
    “Inso’s Law” and
    “I'm An Opportunistic Princess In-Charge of Solving Things”

All the of the cast of lovely protagonist’s are aware and know they play a (bystander) role in a game; or they were put into the wrong game. Their existence is similar to a bug but they are unable to directly change things.
    I open to all things similarly or dissimilarly related to what I’m looking for!

komo komo likes this.
  2. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  4. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IrregularPerson and CatCat19 like this.
  5. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk if this one is translated on NU
    h**ps://ncode.syosetu.com/n9350eg/
    転生貴族は大志をいだく/tensei kizoku ha taishi wo itadaku
    some guy tensei into otome game world(he's born as noble) and plan to usurp the throne

6. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    Endo and kobayashi have romance in it iirc?

7. Azkhar

Azkhar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IrregularPerson likes this.
  8. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    I Play the Role of (Villain/Heroine) in a Japanese-style Otome Game
    villain knows she is in otome game, she died.
    Heroine is sad villain died & "load the save" to try a different route. Again.
    P.S., i haven't caught up with the latest translation, so idk if heroine can change the "script" or not

Misplacement Game
    This novel is also named “The game I got is different from yours” | “Game is different, what to do” | “Every time the target is the big BOSS” | “Why is the BOSS of Horror games always the most handsome?” | “They are running for their lives, I am falling in love”… and so on.

The protagonist is a slave to beautiful faces – he likes good-looking people, can’t say no to a pretty visage, and is filled with thoughts of love. One day he bound with a target-attack system where he can travel from world to world and experience love with the most handsome (key point!) target!

The number of players in each game is not set. The protagonist has only one target – the most handsome one. As he falls in love, he realizes… the other players perhaps, maybe, probably… have Horror? Survival? Escape-type games?

9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    ...how have people not recommended The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction Flags Through Modern Firepower? I mean, rereading the actual request, it doesn't seem to be what the OP wants, but it does fit the title request. That is, the MC gets reincarnated into an Otome Game World, realizes it for what it is and that she's the villainess, and turns herself into a war machine in order to crush the country before the events of the Otome Game can play out and have her unfairly executed.

Duke's Daughter Who's Liable to Die and the Seven Nobels might be good for the OP, though. So far there hasn't been any major romance, despite the MC accidentally building up a reverse harem, due to the MC being too worried about being unfairly murdered by one of half a dozen or more randomly selected murder plots, of which she only knows a few. She doesn't know who the original Otome Game's Main Character is, due to some randomness in their backstory as well. She just knows that she has to work out how to solve all the potential murder sources before they actually kill her, or else she'll be the first to die.

On the 6th Playthrough of the Otome Game, the Auto-Mode Broke has a backstory introduced early on that seems to fit the OP's request, but I can't talk about the rest of the story. The title says it all, so look at the link to see if you think it fits your request.

10. IrregularPerson

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more like a B-story to whatever else is happening.

11. IrregularPerson

Reading List:
    Link
    Also thanks everyone for the suggestions; sadly for the majority of Villianess novels I have already read them.

tak likes this.