Discussion Have you been try write novel and forgot about it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Dec 10, 2019.

?

why did you ever try write story?

1. because I want to

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. homework

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. try to make money for live

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. for fun

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. hobby

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. because I read too much novel

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  7. Challenge accepted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. dont wish to answert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Last hour I found some folder named "idea raws" on my old backup hdd. But most interesting is the inside, whole 74 unfinished and unedited with it's world background setting but... There is no plot plan, most of them just have 2 chapter or more with word count 3k to 6k.

Most oldest file is created 2009 and latest is 2011 also the last edited 2012. You know What most funny thing? They seem familiar to me but I don't remember write it.

Well most obvious is the genres, from begining is mostly adventure to sci-fi, fantasy and reincarnation. In fact seem I got bored created new mc every new story and decide write it as reincarnation with blurry memories.

I kinda try continues the story but got stuck, because I don't know how to proceed. Most obvious thing the writing style kinda don't match up, probably will need heavy rewrite or remastered?

Most one that got my attention is story where the modern human can enter Elemental Plane, also the EP is basically endless sky world and most living stay above Volin or cloud separators between chaotic pure elementals sea and sky.
    Because of that most living on EP can fly. Also the land is very scare, a tiny 6km to 40km floating island is home for various species or sometime large creature allow some of them make home on it's back, because newborn can't fly without fully developed energy pathway. Pure physical way to flight is no go because energy built up will blow the exposed material. The mc is a Vargoon, EP version dragon with six wing and no leg that can fire beam of elementals, and because unusual soul the mc body size is 6km long and normal new born only from 1 to 2km.

The human is came for mine the energy crystal as they planet is lacking power source and dying... The end, just kidding, there is note on bottom.

"War between human and EP, rebel group, peace loving group, unity PERVERT, mage, murder dog warrior"

So.... Did you ever do this? What did you think my summary of 6k story?

2. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    You really should work up on your grammar first. It hurts to read.

3. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I started writing 3 of them (at different times ) but it was difficult for me to write dialogue .It just felt unnatural and stilted for some reason.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I hv always been a pro at making up stories... :blobpeek:

and forgetting them! :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    mir, Aforia, Nightow1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I try writing a webnovel style, but after couple chapter I realise that Im running out of vocabulary.

6. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    From 1 to 10 how natzi my grammar?

BTW English my thrid language, self learn from game.

ughughugh likes this.
  7. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i made glossary though not story. Each character have they own backstory:blobpats:. Most character backstory is gender bender though. I like to potray character strugle in their new gender.i think that the charm of gender bender genre.that why for me 'gender bender + girls love/boys love' is quite bad writing. It like the author can come up with reason why his/her character like same gender. Instead bad maybe lazy.:blobowoevil_horns:.
    Sadly it not written in english. :blobhero:. My bad grammar also didn't help at all:blobpats:.

girisuherman likes this.
  8. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I also learn english to play game:blobangel:

girisuherman likes this.
  9. Corvo269

Corvo269 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember uploading the prologue and then just never uploading the rest cause of editing I never got to doing.
    Too lazy and unmotivated me

ChronaZero and girisuherman like this.
  10. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In many cases, i have a lot of ideas because sometimes when you read other peoples' novels you just wondering why don't they did it like this or it might be more interesthing this way

So i tried numerous times to write a novel following my imagination and taste but i think i'm suck at it, at first i was excited then I just realised how despairing different our skills in writing and building up a story, the fun in writing my imagination already gone so i dropped it

Now, i just started writing a new story a month ago and the force that's driving me to keep on writing it's because i was bored reading other novels, i can never read a novel more than 50 chapters anymore, i keep getting distracted and search for other novels instead. Thus, because i don't want to waste my times constantly searching for novels instead of reading them, i spent my times making one. Yeah so that's my story lol

11. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehehehehe give me the link

12. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how that feels. Tried to write a couple of novels myself, but then i realized how talent-less i was to write down my imagination... :blobsad:

mir and girisuherman like this.
  13. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    I see man of cultures... You know my motivation to read English? Because the translated game is bad, don't flow very well. Just like game developer too lazy hire translator and just Puch machine translate instead... I really want fix my grammar and I know grammar cancer is hurt but I don't know where to start.

14. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I know your feeling:blobpats:. But grammar sure is hard

girisuherman likes this.
  16. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    When i was a weeby teen, i think i've completed the introduction and first chapter of my story. This was when i thought isekai was the greatest thing since pizza with extra cheese. I believe the setting was somewhere sword and magic era, there are 5 country and each country ruler will send their heir to a different world for grooming. Each heir will have a same age aide. The heir doesn't know their origin, only the aide does. When they're 18, they will get summon back and using whatever knowledge or abilities they manage to absorb, the 5 heirs will lead the war to choose the one above all. Well something like that. Thinking about fine tuning the plot and skeleton of the world build make me give up. And just enjoy more anime. Less headache more fun.

17. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried writing but i wasn't thick skinned enough. Negative comments kinda hurts my feelings which made me stop writing. (Also, too many pirate sites that grabbed my story which made me sad). Another is the readers expectations are too high. I'm still writing to pass the time but i don't post it anymore. It's my way of relieving stress, not something which causes more stress.

Maybe I'll finish the story i posted, someday, a later day, or when i get enough confidence to put myself out there once more.

18. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Sound intesting... Did it still on internet?

19. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    English is my second language. Do you really want me to rate you?

20. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is.
    I suggest you try grammarly if you want something to check your grammar. I have the same problem. English is not my first language so i usually check or double check but I'm still confused. Grammarly is not perfect but it's a good guide to check for simple mistakes.

girisuherman likes this.