Discussion Qidian and fake reviews

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Luc, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading "The National School Prince is a Girl" on qidian because it had such great reviews. I proceeded to get bored of the novel because it just wouldn't move forward with the plot for 300 chapters. When I went to the review section (sort by new) to see if there were any others like me, I noticed that the same 4 accounts posted a (unique to each account) 5 star review every weekish.
    Is this just with this novel or with others too?

2. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple solution: Don't follow Webnovel reviews. I filter mine through ratings/review in Novelupdates

Lord Luc likes this.
  3. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian does it all over the place, they even got people posting fake reviews in novelupdates, by general do not trust the reviews in webnovel.com and instead come to novelupdates but take their scores and decrease them by one and a half star or look for the opinion of a user you trust

kenar, Lord Luc and Astaroth like this.
  4. pyramidhead

pyramidhead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paid/Fake reviews are a common thing in China/India. I've seen all kinds like that everywhere from novel sites to the Google App Store on my phone to even Steam, apparently that's a big business in parts of Asia lol. Just look around, find something bad with a lot of good reviews, and then you'll see what I mean.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can prove that, report them.

Loni4ever, kenar and GonZ555 like this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Some sites, like Flying Lines, give you spirit stones (or whatever they call their currency) for making reviews. I wouldn't be surprised if webnovel does the same since that's the site every other site copies.

At least I know for sure that you get exp for making comments on Webnovel, since back when I still read some stuff there you'd see every chapter spammed with random comments that just said "." or "exp".

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Fake reviews make sense man. See if you trust any user, or just go with your gut. There is a nice sense of adventure there.

8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't look at the rating or most reviews. Look for the critucal reviews. You can usualy tell when the review is a propper one.
    A general rule i have is to not trust the reviews on the site the work is published (i don't trust most sites enough for that).
    If you are stil wondering just make a thread about it here on NUF, since most people don't write a review, that way you get more unfiltered opinions.

BTW for webnovel novels reviews on agregator sites are usualy more correct/better than the one you find on their site.

savii and Gin_Hindew like this.
  9. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t follow reviews or tags much. Most of the time I pick by genre and gut feeling. For some reason I like going in blind.

Well, that’s all I can say here. If the novel when to shit... I’d write a review but I don’t. I’ve never written reviews.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Classic shills, even Amazon has the same problem.
    It happens in any area where reviews impact monetary rewards

11. Kitsune-san

Kitsune-san Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's qidian, I'm they deleted bad reviews.

12. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    i was reviewing Library of Heaven’s Path and I noticed that ALL of the latest reviews were basically a spam of random emojis, letters and symbols. Another time, I’m 99.99% sure that I posted a review for some novel but when I stumbled upon the novel’s page about a year later, I noticed that it was GONE. And so were mAny of my other ‘negative’ reviews... seems like 5-stars is their bottom line lmaO :blob_catflip:

13. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes it's not "Qidan", its the authors/translators. I encountered a case where I pointed out to someone that his new story's reviews all sounded similar and he told me he got his relatives to come support him (I hesitate to use the term "confess" since that was not an interrogation at that time).

More likely than not, it's the translators or authors that are boosting their own views for profit. Qidan doesn't quite care, live or die, it's on the authors/translators, they earn money from the survivors either way.

Ai chan likes this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on occasion such this experience such as this cat tell
    muahahaha.png
    tbh if you pay lil attention to review you will notice how weird it is
    review? nope
    more like comment

15. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty falls into a big snow drift feet first.