[Poll] Could you be #1 at a host club?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

If you were a host(ess) at a Host Club, what do you think your popularity ranking would be?

1. I'm male - I would be #1 most popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. I'm male - I would be in the Top 3 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. I'm male - I would be in the Top 5 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. I'm male - I would be in the Top 10 most popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I'm male - I would be in the Top 25 most popular (upper half)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 25 least popular (lower half)

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 10 least popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 5 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 3 least popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. I'm male - I would be #50 the least popular

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. I'm male - I'm unsure

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  12. I'm female - I would be #1 most popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  13. I'm female - I would be in the Top 3 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  14. I'm female - I would be in the Top 5 most popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - I would be in the Top 10 most popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - I would be in the Top 25 most popular (upper half)

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  17. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 25 least popular (lower half)

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  18. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 10 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 5 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 3 least popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  21. I'm female - I would be #50 the least popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  22. I'm female - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  23. I would refuse to cooperate and the mafia would transfer me to an even worse assignment

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  24. I would kill myself in this situation

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  25. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since a fun poll! :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

The Magical Girl of Fun and Games transmigrated you to another world, except you ended up in some really strange circumstances that you have no way to escape.

Specifically, you are a young adult who has no relatives, and you have a ridiculous amount of debt that you owe to a very powerful mafia organization that also effectively controls the government. Thankfully, they are an "enlightened" mafia — meaning that the mafia brings law and order to the country, they are more powerful than the official government, and they are popular with the general public.

Consequently, despite your ridiculous debt, the mafia gave the former you multiple different choices to pay off the debt — and surprisingly they weren't horrible choices.

The former you ultimately accepted a contract to work in a Host Club for 25,000 hours. This means that you are an entertainer and your job is sit with paying customers and entertain them (e.g. usually with conversations and games). The Host Club you contracted yourself to has strict rules and abundant protections for their employees, including a "No Touch" policy and NSFW forbidden. Consequently, you should feel comfortable that your environment is totally safe.

Your workplace has around 50 different hosts/hostesses, and essentially the way it works is that customers come and they get a menu — and they decide who they want to spend time with. If you get chosen, you spend X number of hours spending time with the customer and doing whatever.

The hours on your contract only get counted if you are being actively purchased by a customer.

You can decline a customer, but then you don't get your hours, and it can also be bad for your reputation.

If you weren't chosen by any customer and are idle, the manager will force you to work as a waiter/waitress/cleaner in the affiliated bar/restaurant/tavern — and those hours won't count towards your contract. It's just mandatory unpaid labor.

Consequently, the only way to pay off your debt is to get purchased by a customer.

As an extra incentive, the #1 most requested host/hostess (out of 50) gets 1000 hours deducted for free at the end of the year. Consequently, the most popular host/hostess could conceivably complete their entire contract in less than five years, assuming they are purchased by somebody for ten hours every day.

+ + +

Some additional notes:

• This is a live-in contract and you are required to live at the Host Club. "Room and Board" is provided for you so long as you are working.
    • You are allowed to leave the Host Club to do activities on the outside if a Customer wants to take you. Otherwise, you are not permitted to leave the building.
    • There is a magical tracking device that was injected into you and it can't be removed. Consequently, you can't run away without the administrators knowing.
    • If a customer breaks a rule with you, you can report them and they can be banned from the Host Club if you have proof of their misconduct. Cameras record everything that happens inside the building.
    • The other members of this host club are in a similar situation as yourself -- stuck because of crazy insane debt.
    • If you refuse to cooperate with the job, the mafia will come collect you and transfer to a less pleasant job... just as forced slave labor in the mines.

1. How many years do you think you would end up working at the host club?

2. Do you think you could be a good entertainer? (Note: NSFW is banned) What is your strategy for attracting and retaining customers?

3. Are you a likable person? Why or why not?

4. What makes somebody a likable person? What qualities make them a good entertainer?

5. Have you ever faked a friendship with somebody? Or pretended to like someone when you didn't? Why did you do this?

6. Suppose a long-standing customer (one of your best customers) asks you to visit their apartment to do XXXX-rated things. Since it's not inside the Host Club building, it won't be caught on camera and there won't be any evidence of breaking the NSFW rule. Would you agree? What if they offered you compensation? What if they threatened to find another host(ess) and stop purchasing you?

7. Suppose a loyal customer of yours who really likes your personality tells you that they're willing to pay the bills for you to get "MagiSurgery". "MagiSurgery" is like plastic surgery, except that it is 100% magical (and permanent) way to change your appearance. If you are more attractive, you could get more customers. Would you accept this offer?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    If the customers are only looking for a chatting partner and for entertainment, then I would do a pretty good job. My acting is also really good.
    But if the customers choose by looks, then I guess I would be resigning myself to a life of unpaid labor because I'm pretty sure there would be tons of better looking guys there.

Tofu Cat, GDLiZy, Nyann and 3 others like this.
  3. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, isn't this poll really similar to another poll you held before except that other one was a bit more NSFW?
    I think someone is running out of poll ideas.

Bloodysin28, lychee and leegood like this.
  4. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (~^o^) daaa~
    Mafia boss @Osamaru : **)/ "my new daughter~"

Osamaru and lychee like this.
  5. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waow, i'm an introverted person so if the mafia want their money back they better give me a more suited job.
    pretty confident i'll stay on the bottom of the popularity list www

6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this based on your personality or your appearance?

Because some of these things, I'm pretty confident a better "work" personalty can be learned.

7. starwarscards

starwarscards Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty unconformable around ppl I don't know well. As such take me to the mine!

lychee likes this.
  8. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How many years do you think you would end up working at the host club?
    As much as I want to.

2. Do you think you could be a good entertainer? (Note: NSFW is banned) What is your strategy for attracting and retaining customers?
    Yes, one tequila joseph coming up. If all fails you can always rely on One Piece or DragonBall as conversation starter. No joke works 9/10 times.

. Are you a likable person? Why or why not?

Depends, put all stats all charisma with a hint of sadist.

4. What makes somebody a likable person? What qualities make them a good entertainer?
    There was one episode in Gintama that show Okita as a host. DRAAIN THOSE PIGS OUTTA THEIR MONEY.hehe NOT YOU BABY You are the exception.

5. Have you ever faked a friendship with somebody? Or pretended to like someone when you didn't? Why did you do this?

Everyone is trash. Except Speedwagon, you can always rely on Speedwagon cuz thats true friendship right there.

6. Suppose a long-standing customer (one of your best customers) asks you to visit their apartment to do XXXX-rated things. Since it's not inside the Host Club building, it won't be caught on camera and there won't be any evidence of breaking the NSFW rule. Would you agree? What if they offered you compensation? What if they threatened to find another host(ess) and stop purchasing you?

Depends, think with your brain and not your dick. You are more likely to go missing with your body found in the river next day. Never underestimate the crazies. I prefer the safe route and nigerundayo outta there.

9. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    personality, i dont like going out or even talk to another person directly unless i know him/her enough
    so marketing department is a nono for me XD(if its my gf i think she will definitely get 1st place)

lychee likes this.
  10. MagneticMagnet

MagneticMagnet Well-Known Magnet

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically anyone can become the best if the others are worse. I'd definitely be able to be better than the other 49 if they were fat ugly dullards.

starwarscards and lychee like this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! Assume a mostly random sample of 50 random people — whose main commonality is that they all have heavy debt.

12. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    XD hahahahahahah

leegood likes this.
  13. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    The mafia in that magical world sounds so reasonable I would vote for them

Fulminata likes this.
  14. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i work as a fighter or an assassin in the mafia instead? Thats basically trying to do the opposite to my skills. Talking? I better beat up the customers instead. Popularity? Have you ever live a life where you can blend with the enviroment? Because thats basically what i am. Entertainment? I could do but unless if they could even see me.

Heck, even with the massive debt, i still be able to kill some mafia boss and walk home, either cleanly or a bloody way.

wantek likes this.
  15. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of trust. The mafia doesn't hire people they pick up off the streets -- could easily be spies or double agents.

The mafia doesn't have a shortage of talent and they have entire departments/programs dedicated to training all the secretive things that they train for. Lots of their agents have been training their entire lives, whether they are sleeper agents or something else.

If you can't do anything well they can always sell your organs at least

17. 6adik

6adik Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 year

18. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I'm dead :blobsmile:
    Time to resign myself to a life of unpaid labour
    Because... Humans ...

19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of trust? I already have a debt to pay, why do you even think trust is a issue to me anymore. If i AM a spy or double agent, i already have been inside. Plus, with my debt, who would even consider helping me. Even if they dig to the deepest roots, they already know i'm just a debt kid with more knowledge than the rest.

Talents? If some random ass kid with debt just try to join the mafia to pay off the debt, they would consider a bit to testing the kid and even if he fails, the organs are theirs anymore. Plus, unlike those talents, the ferocity of a kid with debt could bring unexpected results. Give me more time and i could pull out my trusty notebook of blackmail materials and thats basically make any info dealer's wet dreams come true.

20. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We can divide up the work. :blobhighfive: Slave labor for life.... :blobdead:

Land of The Fallen likes this.