[Poll] Could you be #1 at a host club?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

If you were a host(ess) at a Host Club, what do you think your popularity ranking would be?

1. I'm male - I would be #1 most popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. I'm male - I would be in the Top 3 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. I'm male - I would be in the Top 5 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. I'm male - I would be in the Top 10 most popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I'm male - I would be in the Top 25 most popular (upper half)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 25 least popular (lower half)

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 10 least popular

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 5 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - I would be in the Bottom 3 least popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. I'm male - I would be #50 the least popular

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. I'm male - I'm unsure

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  12. I'm female - I would be #1 most popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  13. I'm female - I would be in the Top 3 most popular

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  14. I'm female - I would be in the Top 5 most popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - I would be in the Top 10 most popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - I would be in the Top 25 most popular (upper half)

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  17. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 25 least popular (lower half)

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  18. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 10 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 5 least popular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I'm female - I would be in the Bottom 3 least popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  21. I'm female - I would be #50 the least popular

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  22. I'm female - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  23. I would refuse to cooperate and the mafia would transfer me to an even worse assignment

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  24. I would kill myself in this situation

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  25. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey girls, we have a problem. Three of you think you all can be number one, but there's only one spot! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched gintama, i know what host and hostess should do. I believe i can be top 3 or top 5 like gin-san.

3. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of have the opposite feeling. A person who joins for money is absolutely untrustworthy.

They'll jump ship as soon as a foreign power offers to smuggle them out of the country, or they can easily be bribed.

Hiring a debt person is absolutely untrustworthy. The default assumption should be that they will try to run at the earliest chance that they get.

4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe I could seriously be in the top 10, maybe top 3. As long as their female.
    Let’s just say I have special qualifications.

1. How many years do you think you would end up working at the host club?
    I’d say 10 years, give or take a few years.

2. Do you think you could be a good entertainer? (Note: NSFW is banned) What is your strategy for attracting and retaining customers?
    Yes, I am a very social and disarming person. When you try, your bound to fail. A gentleman with confidence and innocent outlook on life. With a sense of humor. I’m 6’ 1”. Weight 210lbs. Big and strong. Not fat. Black hair. Brown eyes. Light brown skin. I am 3/4 Pacific Islander and 1/4 Chinese. Being in the USA I’m exotic here. When I’m dress to the nines. My appeal increased by a factor of 10. Modestly is great and all. But confidence is even more necessary.

3. Are you a likable person? Why or why not?
    Yes, being Student Body President from a tropical island. I always feel more comfortable around the opposite sex. I’m a nice guy, that cares. I listen, but I don’t find solution for them. What I do is pamper them.

4. What makes somebody a likable person? What qualities make them a good entertainer?
    Empathy, actually caring about the concerns of the person. Conversationalist. Attentive. Proud.

5. Have you ever faked a friendship with somebody? Or pretended to like someone when you didn't? Why did you do this?
    Yes, I was polite to do so.

6. Suppose a long-standing customer (one of your best customers) asks you to visit their apartment to do XXXX-rated things. Since it's not inside the Host Club building, it won't be caught on camera and there won't be any evidence of breaking the NSFW rule. Would you agree? What if they offered you compensation? What if they threatened to find another host(ess) and stop purchasing you?
    No. That could lead to increased your problems. If your confident enough you should be able to steer the conversation away to something a lot more appropriate.

7. Suppose a loyal customer of yours who really likes your personality tells you that they're willing to pay the bills for you to get "MagiSurgery". "MagiSurgery" is like plastic surgery, except that it is 100% magical (and permanent) way to change your appearance. If you are more attractive, you could get more customers. Would you accept this offer?
    Yes. The question should be why wouldn’t you want to be more beautiful. Unless the girls are into that, but I think their the minority.

Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  5. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can do top 10 if I have enough training (etiquette, conversation, knowing your clients, etc). I can listen to people and entertain if I really want to. Its just draining so I think I'll drive myself to get that top 1 for 2 years then slow down

lychee likes this.
  6. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    9, possibly longer. Free room and board in those conditions in exchange for spending time with people? And who said you can't be friends with your customers?
    2. Do you think you could be a good entertainer? (Note: NSFW is banned) What is your strategy for attracting and retaining customers?
    possibly? im entertaining if you don't find me annoying. uh, whats strategy mean
    depends
    4. What makes somebody a likable person? What qualities make them a good entertainer?
    I have no idea
    5. Have you ever faked a friendship with somebody? Or pretended to like someone when you didn't? Why did you do this?

6. Suppose a long-standing customer (one of your best customers) asks you to visit their apartment to do XXXX-rated things. Since it's not inside the Host Club building, it won't be caught on camera and there won't be any evidence of breaking the NSFW rule. Would you agree? What if they offered you compensation? What if they threatened to find another host(ess) and stop purchasing you?

depends. if there are threats involved i'd involve management, and im fairly sure if they ask me this inside the building there will be camera footage of it.
    7. Suppose a loyal customer of yours who really likes your personality tells you that they're willing to pay the bills for you to get "MagiSurgery". "MagiSurgery" is like plastic surgery, except that it is 100% magical (and permanent) way to change your appearance. If you are more attractive, you could get more customers. Would you accept this offer?
    Wow thats an indirect way of telling you your ugly as heck. hum, dunno.

lychee likes this.
  7. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 10 years maybe?
    2. I don't think i can be a good entertainer. My strategy would be just chatting with them like a friend
    3. Maybe not. I am not that knowledgeable about things which will make it hard for people to find a topic of conversation. I think people might also think i am quite cold and arrogant?
    4. I don't know. I think a person would be likeable if they are friendly and actively engage in conversation. A good entertainer is someone that can adjust their personality accordingly and can read the atmosphere.
    5. Not really, but i just never knew when would an acquaintance turn into friend. Never really pretend to like someone i think?
    6. I wouldn't agree. If they offer a big compensation, i might agree.
    7. Uhh, i don't think i want to... It would be weird to one day look at the mirror and see other people's face

lychee likes this.
  8. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I be number 1 at a host/hostess club ?

Of course I can. How can people not love my handsome face, sharp eyes, devilish smile and heavy voice

lychee likes this.
  9. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably be there for quite some time, as I wouldn't try very hard.
    I'm generally poor with customer service, and wouldn't particularly have a strategy. At most I'd try to make back door deals with customers offering my other skills I've spent all my life training up. Honestly, I'd do my best to blow off this job and see if I can get some kind of programming job on the side, and hopefully can pay off the debt that way.
    I'm so so. I can make conversation, but don't really have much in the art of starting a conversation, or getting to know people's names.
    The number one requirent is the ability to think and speak at the same time. Anything else is secondary.
    I don't particularly need to fake a friendship, I don't change how I act around people other than switching what information I am willing to make available to them.
    I'd refuse them. I barely want to work my main job, let alone take a side job I'd want even less.
    Nope, I don't wish to change my appearance under any non-medical circumstance.

Honestly, I feel pretty bummed out just imagining this scenario. I'd probably just go with option [-2]

lychee likes this.
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering how much hosts/hostesses are depicted as being forced to drink copious amounts of alcohol in manga, etc., this would be a terrible job for me, medically speaking. Outside of the fact that I’m bad at flirting, so I’d likely have no customers, I have problems with alcohol: I can’t stand the taste at all, drinking very little gets me tipsy quickly, my family is prone to alcohol addiction, and my liver is already partially damaged due to my gall bladder, I don’t want it getting worse.

I would not agree to question 6 or 7.
    I’ve never really faked a friendship with someone, but I don’t think it would be too hard. I’ve definitely been friendlier toward people to be polite than I actually wished to be. And that has sparked misunderstandings when I was little where someone thought we were friends, and I didn’t.

lychee likes this.
  11. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah what a scam. As expected of the mafia.

Assuming I work 9 hours a day every day of the year with no rest, that would still take around 7.6 years. By that time my youth would have already faded. If I did not die from the stress, I would be relegated to free manual labor because younger and fresher faces will be coming in. No wait I'm wrong they don't need an old face for manual labor. If it gets worse, they can redirect you to other more “lucrative” jobs aka dirty illegal business to pay off your debt. Plus, 7.6 years is assuming I am booked all 9 hours and don't fall sick at any point of the year.

The amount of people that actually make it out every year is very very small and they are probably all in the top ten. In fact, even the top ten can slip and fail to make it out.

Would they even want to leave a life where they are gifted luxuries and compliments by men to work on the streets? Their reputation is pretty much destroyed, the underworld knows of their usefulness, and a persistent stalker can... I shiver at the thought. Even if the main group keep their bargain, the smaller more unsavory groups will take advantage once they're out. It's not like the general public will know how dark these places can get.

There's no way out once they've fallen in.

Lurking and lychee like this.