LCD Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 9, 2015.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    YC must kill off the entire Yun clan....or worse curse them like the phoenix clan....that would be good IMO....

2. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All caught up. Something tells me Qingyue didnt destroy Blue Pole Star. I suspect she's able to see glimpses of the future, or the Devil Monarch did something, or told her something, or gave her the ability to cast illusions.. or something. No way YC's family and home are gone.

She's playing the role to be the one to force him to climb to the pinnacle of power, because the lazy bum would never do it on his own, and there's obviously some greater hidden threat out there that he needs to be ready for, but unfortunately the only thing that seems to gets him to do anything is punani and revenge, and the former ain't going to save the universe.

Or she's really a complete monster that we get to look forward to YC torturing for eternity.

I am enjoying a singularly, and mercilessly focused YC. Will be interesting to see if this Yun clan arc cements him on the path of the devil, or if he'll start to gain back some of his humanity.

I really hope he spends a few more years as an unfeeling monster. I mean, he's only been Devil Che for like a year right? He should at least spend a couple millenia that way..

I have no idea which way Mars will take this one. I doubt he'll exterminate his ancestral clan. Obviously he was about to do just that, but was interrupted by the clan being attacked. Methinks the little girl will do something to somehow partially melt his heart and save her family, sacrificing herself or something.

I'm hoping his idiot self can somehow find a middle ground between goopy parent and unfeeling monster. Save his clan but remain detached? I dunno. There's gotta be a way for him to be able to care about someone and not have them end up dead or used against him. Although that does seem to be the moral or Mars' story.

Or maybe we'll just see him continue down the path of the devil as he becomes a God and exterminates the universe. I could live with that. Honestly, aside from his wives, 99% of the people he's come across deserve to be a part of that purge, and I ain't sure this universe deserves being saved.

So here's to a higher body count!

3. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @craBebe Yun Che himself deserves a pretty high spot on the list of “deserves to be exterminated.” In general the settings/universes of stories like AtG are absolute s***holes that would be utter hell to live in if you aren’t the blessed chosen of heaven, and even then would still suck dealing with all the absolute psychopaths that seem to be running around everywhere in these stories

Fluffy Jellyfish likes this.
  4. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    No question man. That whole "moment of betrayal" was purely Karmic justice he had coming from the jump, saving the universe aside, he's managed to create irreconcilable grudges with 50% of the people he encounters, and the other 50 would kill him just for his stuff.

This was a lesson he should have learned after his Master was killed at the very beginning of this novel, and from the looks of it he probably still hasn't learned his lesson, or apparently he is able to forget about it given a matter of months.

Apparently that God like comprehension ability results in complete social ignorance or an incredibly limited short term memory.

5. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That and an arrogance that either borders or falls into a god complex, and a sex obsession and laziness that matches his arrogance. I really think the only way he would learn any lessons and have them stick would be having it tattooed on a women’s stomach or back so he can see it while he has sex. Even then he’d probably forget the second he finishes and falls asleep

6. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha even that wouldn't be enough. I think his only hope is to use the law of nothingness to castrate himself. And then have someone he knows and loves kill themselves in front of him every 2-3 months to remind him to keep training. Xia Qingyue had the right idea, only by pissing him off and killing off his harem will the moron sit down and finally start cultivating. She warned him repeatedly what would happen if his dumb ass followed through on all his "plans", if you can even call them that.

*durr.. I'll tell the entire realm about all my powers that everyone has always told me to hide and never reveal, over and over and over and over.... ad infinitum.. and over and over again. Nothing bad will happen because I think that way, and whatever I think comes true because the universe manages to provide for me whatever I want*

As much as I am sh*thmting on the guy, I still like the novel. But he is a frustrating MC.

7. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She wasn’t trying to piss him off. She was going for the kill. Most likely she decided that she would get revenge for him herself and just went for it. If you catch up on the raws and read the wechats Mars put out you will come to a similar conclusion.

craBebe likes this.
  8. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno man, I'm not sure even Mars is brutal enough to kill off his harem and family. Or if that was how things really played out, then hopefully he finds a way to bring them back. Obviously he's got a charge of that Time Traveling necklace left, so something tells me at some point he'll go back in time and stop all this from happening similar to how he left the Azure Cloud Continent at the beginning.. Although then he'd have to start from scratch all over again.

But the Demon Empress had some contact with Qingyue, and was obviously able to see her fate, and seemed to do something interventionist based on that. I can't see her leaving Qingyue alive if she knew she was a legitimate danger to Yun Che. The bitch also left the Snow Song Realm alone, and even protected it, which doesn't make sense with her suddenly becoming a sadistic monster.

She was obviously trying to kill him, but also seemed to realize she wouldn't be able to, or something. Like she knows how everything is going to play out and realizes she's fated to play some role. The beating him while he's down, "blowing up" his planet, telling him about Shen Xi's death, killing his master.. unless she absolutely hates him or has been warped into some monster those actions don't make any sense given her previous actions of helping him regularly.

In fact, when she did try and kill him twice, she might have been legitimately making an attempt to alter her fate, but when she failed twice may have realized it was pointless, as the universe won't let him die.

Unless it was a case of I'll support you as long as you're useful to me, but as soon as you become a liability I'll do everything in my power to destroy you.

I dunno. That whole exchange felt too rehearsed, killing her own family, killing YC, all that stuff. It felt surreal. Like she was putting on a play for the rest of the realm.

Or maybe Mars just really wanted to create the ultimate super villain and she was warped by the previous emperor's legacies. I've seen that archetype before which I guess is why I'd rather believe that's not the case.

Sigh. That's what YC gets for having such a low body count for all those years...

9. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    You know that dream he had where there was no XQY that’s real. All of this is just bullshit. Mars said that XQY has no father and I forget the mother bit as well, but she’s just there because of the mirror which is why this is all so confusing now

10. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, seems obvious she shouldn't be there, and when the void lady was talking about illusion vs reality, that seemed to be the moment that YC was able to start seeing through things.

11. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it calls into question 1 thing. WTF were those 3 lives he lived then? Died at 16 at 27 and at 28.

12. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean?

The first was his original life, which ended with being transmigrating into the past. The second had him being resurrected by the Phoenix, and his third life he's currently living. Right? Or are you referring to something else.

13. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    He lived a life where there was no XQY. A life where he died on their wedding day. One where he died at 27 by jumping off the cliff and finally died at 28 in the SGR. After he came back no powers he managed to comprehend the laws of nothingness.

14. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, I guess that's true. Although I'm not sure if those first two count as the current YC, but the YC whose life he took over. They're different consciousnesses aren't they?

15. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    No there him. Originally this novel seemed like a transmigration upon death, Yun Che died and was reborn in “Xiao Che’s” body, and he thought the same thing but when he meet the Rage God, Buddha, it was explained that this was his third life. As for the life without XQY, well in this case no one has a clue outside “reality is a illusion, illusion is reality”

16. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. Maybe Mars will just cop out with "everything was a dream" and have YC start all over again. New Game Plus activated.

17. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it. Mars isn’t that type of an ass. At least no based on his other novels

18. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    YC start all over again?

Do this I mean that I need to observe his retardness for the second time?

Even with his 3rd reincarnation he is already out of help

craBebe likes this.
  19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    We need a poll on whether or not people want Yun Che to save The Heavenly Handle Yun Clan or watch them get wiped out/do it himself.

I'm assuming he'll probably save them because Yun Shang will beg him and get naked or something, and then maybe upgrade 'em all and use them as a base for taking over the Northern Realm.

At least that's how I'd like things to play out. I could also see him just grabbing Yun Shang, dipping out, and leaving them all to die.

I guess this'll determine whether or not Smooth Che is still thinking with Xiao Che, or whether or not he's truly become Devil Che.

What do ya'll think?

20. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think he will forgive that imbecile clan....he did say he is gonna make QY a DM in 3 days......if he shows compassion QY wont take it lightly.....