「POLL」Would you lie for love? Would you lie for sex?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cascadian Rex, Dec 14, 2019.

?

Would you lie to someone if it means they will love you?

1. Yes - only small stuff

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Yes - only small stuff, but will tell the truth eventually

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Yes - big stuff too if I can get way with it

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Yes - big stuff too but will come clean eventually

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Yes - Sky's the limit, I will end worlds to bury the truth

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. No - lying is wrong

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. No - lying is hard

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. No - If I had to lie then its not worth it

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  9. ♫~But I’m a bad liar~♫ Bad liar~♫ Now you know~♫ Now you know~♫ I’m a bad liar~♫

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the mundane world of Cascadian Rex!!! Prepare yourself for a run-of-the-mill question that longs for some really tepid reactions!

The situation is thus:

You are one day approached by a casual acquaintance. You don’t know them all that well, but they are to you at least, appealing to the eye, attractive… kinda...

Although you have only seen this individual in passing at social gatherings and such; on this auspicious day, out of nowhere, this acquaintance asks you out on a date. While you barely know this individual, you do find them reasonably attractive, and you do not detect any immediate personality defects.

So, you agree to the date.

At the restaurant on the evening of date, the two of you have some pleasant conversation, and you find your date amusing, overall they are an agreeable person to develop further relations with.

HOWEVER! TWIST!

Over the course of the evening, you start to notice your date would bring up “in-jokes” that you fail to understand, and eventually speak fondly of past events between the two of you... that you do not recall experiencing.

Pretty soon, it becomes apparent that this is a case of mistaken identity!

Your date wanted to go out with another person within your circle of friends, one that at a glance looks very similar to yourself! And your date must have received that other person’s name second-hand and got your name instead, thus the mistake was created!

While you definitely did not share those several delightful but brief encounters with your date over past few months, your date is definitely enchanted with you at this moment in time.

As you are contemplating if you ought to tell your date the truth; and risk dashing your chances of developing this relationship, your train of thought is interrupted.

You date excused themself to use the restroom. Leaving you alone with your thoughts

As you waited, a waiter approaches and says to you, “ Would you like us to bring out the cake and start singing happy birth when your date comes back? “

“Cake…?” before you fully understands another waiter interrupts the first, “ Idiot! its the other way around, THIS is the birthday person!”

The waiters scuttle away leaving behind the line, “Try to look surprised when we bring the cake~”

You ARE surprised, very surprised, since its not your birthday!

OK KIDS! QUIZ TIME!!!

1.) With the real possibility of some nookie on the horizon, along with some real confidence that your date will not find out their mistake any time soon, will you tell the truth?

2a.) If you choose to tell the truth; when will you blow the case wide open? Before the cake? Or at your date’s apartment, just on the verge of some nocturnal bedroom “chilling”? or after?

2b.) If you choose to lie, how long will you keep it up? 2 dates? 3 months? 10years?

3.) Would you pretend you have a different birthday to win someone over? Would you pretend to be an orphan? Would you lie about your job? What lie is too big to tell?

Supplemental
    4a.) Let’s say, in a slightly modified scenario, how far is too far? How attractive or how in love with the date do you have to be to keep up with the lie perpetually,? Is there anyone that attractive to you?

4b.) What quality in your date can you make you start an international conspiracy to bury the truth, murder the original (also murder or extort everyone that knows the truth) and essentially make the lie a reality?

IF YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING ME!!! YOU DON’T DESERVE BE ALERTED TO THIS POLL!!!

imK, Diametric, Loni4ever and 2 others like this.
  2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Too long. :cookie:

Cascadian Rex likes this.
  3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    The chance of me getting a date, even through mistaken identity? 0%.

Also I suck at lying so I'll avoid it at all cost.

4. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    these days, lying to get sex can land you with rape charges in a lot of countries. Not worth the risk.

5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) With the real possibility of some nookie on the horizon, along with some real confidence that your date will not find out their mistake any time soon, will you tell the truth?
    Yup! I don't like lying, especially for things that are important to me.

2a.) If you choose to tell the truth; when will you blow the case wide open? Before the cake? Or at your date’s apartment, just on the verge of some nocturnal bedroom “chilling”? or after?
    I would do it as soon as I realized it was a mistaken identity. In this case, it would be right after getting the cake and thanking the guy.

2b.) If you choose to lie, how long will you keep it up? 2 dates? 3 months? 10years?

3.) Would you pretend you have a different birthday to win someone over? Would you pretend to be an orphan? Would you lie about your job? What lie is too big to tell?

Um, I don't think I would lie about any of these things. I think trust is the most fundamental component to a relationship, so none of those things are things I would lie about.

4a.) Let’s say, in a slightly modified scenario, how far is too far? How attractive or how in love with the date do you have to be to keep up with the lie perpetually,? Is there anyone that attractive to you?
    I don't really think there's anyone who would make me want to keep up a lie, especially if I was serious about them.

4b.) What quality in your date can you make you start an international conspiracy to bury the truth, murder the original (also murder or extort everyone that knows the truth) and essentially make the lie a reality?
    I think it's different if I don't remember an inconvenient fact or if it's a misrepresentation by omission, but generally speaking I avoid direct lies.

Loni4ever, Anra7777, otaku31 and 2 others like this.
  6. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Go with the wind, go along with the lie...... after all was done, find seclusive place and tell the truth

7. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there something wrong with your partner or with you? He/she had fond experiences with the other party and even have the same taste of "in jokes." He/she even knows the other person well enough to get the birthday. Yet he/she could mix you up with the other party? This sounds rather scary to me.

The other possibility is that there's something wrong with you, e.g. split personality. This is also not a comforting thought.

8. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen enough in life to have come to the conclusion that lying is never worth it no matter how small you'll always be better off with the painful truth then a comfortable lie

Cascadian Rex and Arash1 like this.
  9. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I can't live easy knowing that I lied about things that would most likely affect people other than myself. My conscience would slowly torture me...

That would depend on the overall situation, since lying generally isn't objective. What are the reasons as to why I am lying? Who am I lying to? Are there benefits? If so, is it worth lying?...

It's like how I would lie about my age to a person i'm not really close with, but would definitely tell the truth when asked by someone who actually matters...

Also, as long as the end is enticing enough, then any sin (which in this case is lying) would be a justified mean...

I don't know. But so far, no one has ever completely clouded my judgement...

No thank you. I'm not one to risk my livelihood for the sake of a relationship with no clear and solid benefits...

Loni4ever and Cascadian Rex like this.
  10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell the truth. A relation based off a lie is shaky at best.

11. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go with truth. Its easy, no muss no fuss. If it works, good, if it doesn't, too bad but hey, probably doesn't meant to be.

mir, lohwengk, felidormit and 4 others like this.
  12. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no Lychee followers are starting a weird poll cult

13. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a serious guy when it comes to relationship so I would definitely tell her that she mistook me as someone else although I enjoyed our date.

Just because I told her the truth doesn't mean I gave up on her. Hell, since I was similar to the guy she wanted to date, I would try to make her mine. And then I would say "since you already bought me a cake, that would be a waste if we didn't savor it. So let's enjoy it" and lead her to tell me about her hobby, and if she had the same hobby as mine (I'm using hiking as example), I would ask her out to hiking. Seriously, if this happened irl, I would definitely do this. But asking a girl out to hiking on the first date is not a good idea.

@lychee I thought you were the one who made this thread lmao

14. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    She does, but ultimately she just can't forget those memories with your doppelganger...

There is only one answer now... pick your weapon! Time to Thunderdome!!

Question: if you had to fight to the death with someone with your similar built and the same knowledge in combat; what melee weapon would you choose to fight?

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone lies for love/sex.

Your partner is no supermodel and they know it
    People want to be told white lies.
    It is called using tact and decency
    Over and out!
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I did not read the original post before I replied haha :blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Cascadian Rex and Loni4ever like this.
  16. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Most likely yes, I don't want someone else's relationship.

If I was uncharacteristically decisive, I'd talk with the restaurant guys to change the 'happy birthday' cake to a 'happy first date' or even 'first anniversary' cake while she's in bathroom. That ought turn awkwardness into a suave pick up line.

N/A

I don't generally have to lie, because I can just omit information and avoid topics.

Supplemental

Hmm, what is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me. No more.

If she gets far enough to consider dating me, then she's already touhghed out so much there's no need to lie. Can't get worse.

17. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: This would have basically been my answer if lychee hadn’t written it first! (And probably better than I would have too!) :bloblove:

18. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes
    2a. I will wait in front of the restroom and tell her the truth after she came out.
    3. No. No. No.

19. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha all these people who cant lie, i your father am an excelent liar.
    The trick is to mix in some truth and be a very honest person that way they never see it comming!:blobowoevil_horns:

as for the topic question:
    i would just be honest and laugh it off and try steer the conversation back to whatever we were discussing before and continue the enjoyable date.:blobokhand:

i hate dishonest people and as such i aim not to be one myself either :blobhug:

20. ExQAlph03

ExQAlph03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on my enchantment with the other, I guess? Haven't had an encounter that will enchant me so far, hmm.. Well, let's say I'm interested with the other quite obviously to me then I won't tell the truth, at least not in that moment, lol.

Hmm... still the same case, depends, if I'm really interested then after, if just slightly interested or a bit more then I'll tell the truth before the "chilling".
    At least 2 dates and at most 3 months.

I'll just avoid saying my birthday, won't really say a lie. Wouldn't pretend to be an orphan or lie about my job. Not sure, won't know unless I'm in the situation.
    Supplemental

How attractive huh. I don't think I'll get the thing about being attractive since I'm aware of myself so if the other is too attractive, it may even cause me to not get that interested, though I'll still appreciate the moment and aesthetic :) I don't think there will be a case that will made me keep up with a lie perpetually because of how attractive someone is, I'll say the truth sooner or later since I just can't keep lying.
    Impossible, unless I get a personality change or brain shock/damage, I won't regardless of the quality.

Well, what I answer is not constant to what I'll do in reality though.

Cascadian Rex and Loni4ever like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.