Spoiler my favorable rating does not rise

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    200?! And everyone starts off with negatives?! What a picky child lmao

Volublekoala965, mallow and Suzune like this.
  2. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's what Rikka assumes since I believe she could only see his favorable points with her and not other people. And it's negative because of his upbringing. He was an orphan, and grew up in an orphanage so he was very jaded. 200 because ya know, he loves Rikka as a man, and not as a younger brother.

mallow, Runnyman, Maeve Arte and 5 others like this.
  3. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, is there a reason why it's not rising up from zero points? And when will she get a breakthrough?

mallow likes this.
  4. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you provide links if you finished translating it? No pressure though, I'm just interested in this but the links I found are outdated so I'm quite dejected rn..

mallow and haqpiness like this.
  5. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t started it yet, but I’ll definitely post links to this thread as a heads up when I do.

Also I noticed this just today, but I actually haven't read it in detail yet. As for when she'll have a breakthrough, looks to me that it happens a little later on. But then again, there's only one volume so it won't take that long.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    mallow, Runnyman, fr3ya and 2 others like this.
  6. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Someone said on Mangadex that the favorability rating has something to do with the heroine of the game and if anyone else other than her gets to capture the capture targets, then it will automatically default to zero (basically means that MC captured him already). Is that true? Because if it is, then that's a cool plot twist. I'm guessing the negative rating has something to do with his trauma/personality to be distant to people so the heroine would have to work around it before increasing her favorability, but the MC already healed him so the negative points were lost and it cannot get past zero because he fell in love with MC.

Suzune, mallow, Runnyman and 7 others like this.
  7. carolibarros

carolibarros Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is someone still going to translate this series? It seems to be so cute! :)

8. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    If you guys are fine with a very slow release, I can definitely do it seeing as I already bought the book. It'll just take a while since I'm prioritizing other stories, and I need to find a pdf of the book to make it easier to look for kanji I don't know. But anyways, I managed to download a pdf of the sample, and here's what I've translated so far (6 out of 25 pages lmao):

Chapter 1: From A Minus Favorability

The day I first noticed something was off about “this world.” It was a winter day when I met a skinny boy, eyes filled with wariness and distrust — Sylt, who would become my “younger stepbrother.”

I was born the only daughter of a wealthy merchant. Until the day I was to turn ten, I lived my life normally, no such strange thoughts about it. That day also was like any other day until night fell–

Rattle, rattle.

“Ah!”

I had been working on my homework on an enormous table in the reception room on the first floor, and upon hearing the chimes attached to the foyer’s door, I suddenly stood up. My father had just come back.

“Welcome home, Father!”

I greeted my father the same as always, but the moment the reception room’s door opened, I unconsciously stopped in my tracks.

In front of the reception room door stood my father, idly combing his moustache. His body, clad in his thick suit, shook slightly without the warm, black coat he wore this morning. And behind this father of mine was a small boy. The moment our eyes met, he hung his head, hiding his face behind his blonde hair.

I’ve never seen this boy before… Who is he?

Having come out to greet Father as I did, Mother saw the boy, and her eyes widened.

“…Dear?”

My mother has always been rather calm, but she smiled, and announced, “If you shall be bringing a child of yours from a lover, then please prepare yourself.”

My father turned pale, and replied, “Far from it!”

“He was merely trudging along the road outside. It seemed he ran away from an orphanage, but if I left him in this cold weather, lightly dressed like this, I thought that he might die…”

Hearing my father’s explanation, my mother put her hand on her mouth, exclaiming, “Oh my,” and looked at the boy.

He looked to be around six years old. Thin, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, no shoes nor socks, and his hair was stiff, like it had frozen over. Father’s black fur coat hung on his small shoulders, but looking at how pale the boy’s face was, it wasn’t warm enough for his body.

The city that I live in, Lilvon, is an extremely cold area. This country’s most prosperous capital, Lehar, is a slight distance away, but it’s different from the capital as snow falls all-year round. Around here are many forests that have not been touched by humans, and the population isn’t that large. Because of how often it snows, life here is slightly inconvenient, but its public order is excellent. That’s why almost no children spend their time outside. I’m sure that father took pity on him, and invited him to our house.

The boy was observing us while repeatedly glancing at the door, gauging the distance. Wariness, distrust, and fear clung along with the black dirtying his face. He was most likely nervous we would kick him out, and return him to the orphanage. He was ready to escape as fast as possible if something were to happen.

I unconsciously called out to him.

“Aren’t you cold?”

His shoulders jumped in surprise, and looked my way.

When his eyes met mine, his beautiful blue eyes flickered with fear. I gently closed the reception room door behind me, and asked him,

“Your hands and feet are really red. Do you want to take a bath?”

At my words, he looked at his hands, and bit his lips. But he neither moved nor replied, aside from this.

A soft voice descended on the tense atmosphere.

“Ah, that’s right. Rica.”

Mother showed her usual gentle smile, and said to me:

“Please show him the way to the bathroom.”

“Okay.”

The pitter-patter of my slippers resounded as I passed the front of the reception room fireplace off to the side, and ran to his side.

The boy’s gaze wandered about, openly bewildered, and he stepped back slightly.

He alternately looked between me and the reception room door multiple times.

He might escape, what should I do?

Able to see what he was feeling, I then stood in front of him, and grinned. And seized his hand just like that.

“Let’s go, come on.”

His hand I held in my grasp was cold as ice.

“…!”

The next moment, he took in a small breath, and shook off my hand. He inched backwards, and looked at me.

His face distorted, looking like he was about to cry at any moment, so I stepped back slightly, thinking I had done something wrong.

“It’ll be fine, so head on along.”

Father crouched down, and pushed on the boy’s back. With just that, he stumbled forward, visibly staggering, His wrists that peeked out from the sleeves looked extremely thin, as well as his hands. I reached out to his hand once more.

“Shall we go?”

He didn’t shake me off a second time. His cold hands stole the warmth from my hand, and just like touching snow, my hand turned cold.

I pulled on his hand, and headed towards the bathroom.

Our reasonably wealthy house has quite a number of rooms. There are six rooms in between the reception room, and the bathroom.

Passing by the second room, I removed my right hand that had turned cold, and once again took hold of his hand with my left.

“…!”

His body slightly trembled the moment I let go with my right hand.

“Ah, sorry. Are you okay?”

He didn’t answer, but his left hand firmly grasped my hand, clinging onto me.

As soon as I showed him to the bathroom did my mother, first-aid kit in hand, and a servant arrive. Both his hands might have gotten frostbite from the snow, so he might be injured somewhere.

“It would be terrible for you to get frostbite.”

When mother said that, worried, she urged the boy, and entered the bathroom together with the servant.

I felt that I had safely fulfilled my role, and returned to the enormous table in the reception room. I thought to continue working on the homework handed to us by the school, but I fidgeted about, unable to calm down. I couldn’t help but worry about that boy.

I couldn’t get his eyes that seemed as frozen as his heart out of my mind.

Just how much has he gone through to be like that?

When I stared at my homework, distracted, while sitting on the chair, the reception room door opened.

“Rica.”

“Mother.”

I rushed up to mother, wanting to ask about his condition. When I did, mother whispered to me with her usual smiling face.

“Both that child’s hands and feet were frostbitten. I covered it in medicine, and he’s currently resting in a room, but could you bring some warm soup to him?”

“Of course. Also, Mother. What’s that child’s name?”

Mother made a slightly troubled face, and shook her head.

“…He hasn’t spoken a single word.”

I blinked… Not a single word?

My mother gently hugged me, and smiled ever so slightly.

“Rica, would you like a brother?”

“Huh? Eh? Yes?”

Not quite understanding what she meant, I tilted my head to the side as I said so, and when I did, my mother nodded in agreement.

“I understand. I’ll talk with your father for a bit so I’ll leave the soup to you, okay?”

“Okay, I understand.”

I nodded as I pondered the meaning behind my mother’s question. Brother… brother? I want an older brother.

It seems like the names in this story are either German, or around that area (Hungarian, Austrian) so I put his name as Sylt and the MC's name as Rica.

I haven't gotten to that part so I can't really say much about it. I'll let you know when I do.

Edit: Also, is there a reason the previous translator set the chapters to private? Was it because of a DMCA? Cause if so, I'll probably have to do the same. Just wanna know as a heads up.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  9. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any news on this? or a link to raws?

10. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much, I haven't had time to TL it because I had finals and we're doing 12 chapter releases for the novel site so it might take a while. As for raws, if it was on syosetu, it's been removed and the only way to get it is by buying the book (and even then, they dont have digital copies, just physical books).

11. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that sounds tough! Well should you get around to it, I'll most certainly read it <3 but finals are of course more important!

12. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, finals did just end for me a couple days ago but after I've finished all the holiday releases we plan on doing these next few days, I'll definitely work on that one! :D

worldtraveller and KathyClysm like this.