[Poll] Would you betray your family and country?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

What would you do?

1. I'm male - I would continue with my family's plot to help my home country

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. I'm male - I would try to find a way to delay or call off the marriage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm male - I would try to encourage my fiancee to elope with me but not explain why

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. I'm male - I would tell my fiancee and hope for the best

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - I would tell the Alasian royalty and plea with them not to convert it into a trap

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. I'm male - I would side with the Alasians and actively assist with laying a trap for my family

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. I'm male - I would run away (alone) so I don't have to deal with this

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. I'm male - I would kill myself

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. I'm male - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. I'm female - I would continue with my family's plot to help my home country

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  11. I'm female - I would try to find a way to delay or call off the marriage

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  12. I'm female - I would try to encourage my fiance to elope with me but not explain why

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm female - I would tell my fiance and hope for the best

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. I'm female - I would tell the Alasian royalty and plea with them not to convert it into a trap

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  15. I'm female - I would side with the Alasians and actively assist with laying a trap for my family

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  16. I'm female - I would run away (alone) so I don't have to deal with this

13 vote(s)
    17.3%
  17. I'm female - I would kill myself

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  18. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. kvbyte

kvbyte Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First let my family complete their tarp & let them kill Alasian, ask that fiance to be not killed, tell them I'll make her my slave so they don't kill her. After everything is over ,bring the celebratory drinks that I prepared beforehand and make sure all of them drink it. Drink is poisoned so they all die except for fiance. Then run away from there so fiance comes for revenge.

Praise the Lord Itachi.

2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember when the beacon activated, you are in the church in an enemy country, surrounded by the enemy royal family and generals and nobles because its a royal wedding. Then someone barged in and said the enemy is here. Would you survive? Can you survive? Chances are someone would kill you first in anger.

Loni4ever, Zomula and lychee like this.
  3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll go with gaining merit to reach the top. With her personality, my fiancé should have enough popularity within the mass. I'll gain popularity by directly helping my citizen with the help from people in my fiancé's country with her persuasion. She would agree with me if i told her my reason because of her personality

This would be a story on their own

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... That does not sound so convincing. It's a capital we are talking about, the military might there would not be small. So the amount of people would be enormus (ohh... when i think about it, it's the army that's moving over). So i doubt that there wouild be enough space for the army to pass over where the cermony is held. Or you would most likly be in a place where it would be wery inconvinient for the army to come forth.
    This might actualy just cause lots of inocent soldiers to die with you.

5. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I took over the princes body but retained my own mind... I wouldn't really see the princes family and country as my own...

Yet if I didn't retain my mind, I obviously wouldn't have any basis for guessing what they might do...

lychee and Loni4ever like this.
  6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's take a serious and realistic look at this situation:

1. Whatever your feelings to your fiance, she/he does not love you. If you can tell yourself that they would 100% be able to basically kill you for the sake of her country and duty, then the most feelings they have for you is affection. But there is no love.

2. Just because Alasia is rich and the people you are allowed to see are happy, it does not mean this is the case for all people. I'm sure there is some sort of underclass being abused in order to enable the prosperity of the wealthy. Probably barbarian slaves. While you may want to believe they are peace-loving hippies who just want joy for all, it's far more likely that they simply view your country as an annoyance and inconvenience as opposed to an actual threat. Peace for them means they can ignore you and get along with handling the real world countries and not the poor backwater barbarians that no one really likes. Who really cares if thousands of barbarians die each year? They're basically animals anyway.

3. So moving on, there is pretty much no hope for better relations between the countries. Alasia simply is apathetic towards Lurinis and Lurinis is barely able to survive. There will never be enough incentive for Alasia to care about their barbarian neighbors, except if the military of Lurinis is knocking on the front door of their capital. And, from the sound of it, Lurinis simply has no way to maintain their country in its current state.

4. Therefore, the path forward with the least bloodshed (outside of the obliteration of the richest members of Alasia society, aristocratic scum that they are), is to go through with the plan. Particularly, since the assimilation of such a larger and more powerful and more culturally potent country will, at the very minimum, force Lurinis into being unable to continue any further plans for military conquest and likely cause massive change in the culture of the new Lurinis leaders as well.

This whole relationship seems highly reminiscent of Han China's relationship with its northern neighbors.

cheonsa-nim, Woho0 and lychee like this.
  7. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    *kidnap @lychee and run to a third country*

8. cheonsa-nim

cheonsa-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What do you do?

I’m going to follow through with my family’s plan. We will storm the wedding ceremony, if I deem the princess a usefool candidate, I will kidnap her along with the ensuing chaos. Otherwise she will only be a hinderance in our unification of our countries, under Lurinian Rule.

2. In general, would you side with your family or side with your personal beliefs/desires? Are there special circumstances where you might side with the opposite?

Of course I’d side with my family and country, we’ve been at war for thousands of years. And yet we’ve no compromise with the Alasians. We’ve already gone past the point of compromise, our Country is barren without the Rahin River and those damn Alasians wish for us to grovel to receive its wishes.

3. Would you ever side with your family even if you thought your family was doing the wrong thing? For example, suppose a family member committed a crime (you know this as a fact) and now they are in court. Would you lie as a witness to try and reduce the sentence that they receive?

What purpose did this family member serve. And would they still have value if I reduce their sentence. I am a calculative man, if he was told to get caught, then I may vouch for him, but if he got caught due to his own blunder, then his usefoolness is close to none.

4. Do you have a responsibility to your parents and family for raising you?

I am only responsible for myself, my parents taught me all I needed and they have my respect or ire. Overall the principal is our family & our country, if anyone goes to betray that, we will remove them without question.

5. If you have a great responsibility (e.g. leader of a country), would you prioritize your duty or your personal feelings / family?

The country comes first, and my family has a duty to ensure it is long lasting. Amongst my siblings who vie for power, we will only support each other when the cost towards the country is too great. As much as we may hate each others guts, there is not point in ruling over a finite barren territory, as each of us dream for a better land for our citizens.

Those damn Alasians have hoarded the great resources of Rahin long beyond their due. Long live Lurinis!!

Woho0 and lychee like this.
  9. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What do you do?
    I’m going to follow through with my family’s plan, even if it would 100% kill me, I will die a meaning full death that will help my family and the citizens of my home nation.

2. In general, would you side with your family or side with your personal beliefs/desires? Are there special circumstances where you might side with the opposite?
    I will always side with my personal beliefs and desires, but there is a good chance my personal beliefs and desires will make me side with my family.

3. Would you ever side with your family even if you thought your family was doing the wrong thing? For example, suppose a family member committed a crime (you know this as a fact) and now they are in court. Would you lie as a witness to try and reduce the sentence that they receive?
    A crime in the eyes of the law is not necessarily a crime in my eyes. I might lie as a witness, it depends on what kind of person he/she is, the society we live in, what he did, and many other factors.

4. Do you have a responsibility to your parents and family for raising you?
    If they did a good job of raising me with the right values, then yes.

5. If you have a great responsibility (e.g. leader of a country), would you prioritize your duty or your personal feelings / family?
    In a country with strong cohesion(monoethnic), I would prioritize my duty/country. In a country with a weak cohesion(multiethnic), I would prioritize my family.

lychee likes this.
  10. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be doing my best before the deadline to carve a path towards bringing prosperity and happiness to as many citizens of both nations as possible. As happy as I theoretically am, it wouldn't be true happiness if I'm living and knowing that people are suffering around me even though I don't see it. I'd live for the people same as I do now and even if it requires me to betray my parents or cause my own death, so be it.

lychee likes this.
  11. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely plotting with my new crew. Hell yes.

Yeah, I feel bad for the citizens of my country, but starting another war with my fiancé’s country won’t ultimately truly help them.

Besides I’m just a tool to my family, so no skin off my back to betray them too.

I’d rather play the long game in helping the citizens of my former home. As a queen, I’d be able to enact far more change, than whatever short term plot my “family” has planned. So they can go rot.

Loni4ever and lychee like this.