LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever disassembled something, then reassembled it and had pieces left over unidentifiable pieces left over?

Imagine doing that but with your own soul.

It's probably not worth the risk.

Eddy andres likes this.
  2. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    this is what I found when I looked up the term. Apparently it’s a Jewish thing
    “The Qliphoth/Qlippoth/Qlifot or Kelipot(Hebrew: קְלִיפּוֹת, are the representation of evil or impure spiritual forces in Jewish mysticism, the polar opposites of the holy Sefirot.[3

if you’ve read the manga series Bastard it’s in that series

Eddy andres likes this.
  3. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    You are one of my favourite people

4. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What even is life? Praise be. Imma off to do some push ups and sit ups in Honor of Van-sama-dono-kun's Glory.
    And those new Jobs look juicy. Just divine enemy and god destroyer would make Van-sama more anti-divine than Ketchup is anti-undead.
    That soul fighter and tongue calamity would also make him really strong in close combat.
    Honestly, Van-sama's greatest strength lies in his subjects, so getting leader and Guider type jobs would make him exponentially stronger, rather than fighter types.
    Praise be. Also, joseph was just a regular idiot. He's quite lucky our Lord can suffer idiots.
    Can you imagine if Van-sama were to be selling food and Heinz comes across him.
    Thank you yoshi, codered and team for this chapter.

Eddy andres likes this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's also sometimes referred to as the "Tree of Death" (evil opposite of the tree of life):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qliphoth

Chuuni001 likes this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    New one so fast? Yoshi, time to go read it! Bad pun. Don't do bad puns children

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You are misunderstanding the evidence we have. Vida was able to bring Zakkart/Vandalieu into her circle of reincarnation, while nearly dead herself, and we've seen one evil god that reincarnated herself in a half-assed manner, at the last minute, through Rodcorte's circle apparently. Just looking at these two points, we can see that the DK should have been able to reincarnate himself, because his fragments still have some awareness, even now, enough that even the dust of his memories is noticeably evil to anyone other than Rodcorte. He didn't reincarnate himself, because they didn't give him the chance, he was torn apart aqnd sealed in the same moment, just like how Rodcorte swooped in to snatch the Champion fragments, and send them away, before Vida could revive anyone. Vandalieu is a lot more dangerous than Gudaranis was, and they still have no way to destroy souls, so if they ever manage to corner him, he's being sealed before the pieces even register their broken.

8. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    what evil god did that? Also the DK pieces didn’t gain sentience until way after the split after they mutated into their current forms. Also one other difference between the DK and Van is the the DK was a god himself and Van is a Dhampire. Plus Van has 4 of the primal deities on his side which the DK didn’t have at the time of him being sealed. We’ll have to see how it turns out in the future.

Anyways all of this is speculation since I doubt Van would ever get cornered to that extent. Especially after he probably defeats the war god and absorbs that power. Oh and I think the water goddess will probably join Van. Just a hunch.

also I wonder how much of a threat Amamiya will even pose against Van and same with Avalon. Maybe Avalon would try to build up the human forces but I doubt even 10 million human soldiers would do much against Van’s empire

9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even 10 million can against Vandeliu alone?

On the subject of reincarnation I already said it above but while DK separated after death, vandeliu is already very accustomed to separating fragments of his soul, like Banda or family members, even if you kill the main body there will be the secondary ones and such Once one of them can even become the new main body.

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You keep saying Primal, or Main, as if Lambda is the center of the universe. This isn't the case under perfect circumstances, and definitely isn't the case after a hundred thousand years of Alda keeping all the gods weak/injured. Gudaranis came from a survival of the fittest kind of world, he and all his followers were the strongest of their world, Gufadgarn is supposedly an even better Space God, than the Lambda ones, if the DK faction couldn't do something about the DK in all this time, nothing short of Rodcorte being Rodcorte is gonna reincarnate him.

Lissana/Jurizanapipe is the Evil God that reincarnated herself in the story, and since she was born as an Elf, it should mean that she went through the regular circle on Lambda.

Amamiya will likely end up getting a lucky strike, when either his wife or daughter distract Van.

11. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Van choosing new jobs is basically crack. I just want to see him choose them all.

Chuuni001, xshugox and penguinleecher like this.
  12. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    What a tease with the new species.

RagnMunkeez and anon like this.
  13. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah there are so many jobs that sound cool and some that have been there for ages that have me like "Just take them already"

xshugox likes this.
  14. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Just become a tongue-whip calamity! No, to be honest, there would be little point to his glorious majesty Van-sama to take up several of them

xshugox likes this.
  15. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep saying primal or main to signify the original 11. I can’t remember the name for that group of ten so that’s why I keep saying main or primal. Me saying it has nothing to do with that world being the center of the universe but to signify which group of deities I’m referring to. Also the 11 would have been stronger then the evil gods and goddess since it was their world originally and they know how the laws of their world worked.

“Keeping all the deities weak...” the thing is that only Vida was made to be weak after all this time. Botin was placed under that seal but that was to make sure she could recuperate and none of the evil gods could attack her, the time god slept but was never sealed and neither was the space god. The fire god also wasn’t sealed by Alda but was hanging out on the dark continent. The only one purposely sealed and kept weak was Vida.

there is nothing to support the DK being a better space god then then Lambda’s. Traveling to another world can also be done by him.

Honestly the only deity that sounds like they were powerful was the DK and the sinful chains one that is sleeping due to the battle with Alda’s champion. We haven’t really been shown how many powerful evil gods came with the DK. None of the ones that switched sides sound very powerful and the power of any other than the DK is speculation.

for some reason I was thinking regular elves also were part of Vida’s circle

yet again while DK’s circle is running it’s on automatic with no one running it. This is different from Vida’s since her circle is also automatic but she’s running the circle. Having someone in charge of the circle makes a large difference since they can do things far faster then the automatic system can.

the thing is that the only reason why the evil gods can’t resurrected the DK is being Rodiot has his soul and they don’t know about him or have anyway of getting to him since none of them are space deities. Van does have a powerful space deity on his side that CAN view and maybe interfere with Rodiots realm so he could maybe rescue Van if he ever gets his soul captured. Plus IF Van does get his soul sealed and taken to be held by Rodiot I wouldn’t be surprised if the DK’s soul parts merge with Van’s like all the DK parts have done so far. At this point no screw up by Rodiot could surprise me.

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    None of the Van-sama's side's space deities are powerful enough to save him if he got captured though. Remember how the Eighth Guidance was brought and only barely and with problems of their own? It's so surprising how strong Rod is despite the level of idiocy he has shown so far

17. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one sometimes forgets that the idiot and useless god has a power on a cosmic scale that would allow him to crush mountains with his hands. it is also almost impossible to invade his divine kingdom unless he lets you in, it is also one of the 4 reasons why the vandeliu /Vida faction has not made war on Alda yet, while he is in his divine kingdom will always be in advantage and he can hide as much as he wants.

18. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot tell you how incredibly badly MTL farts all over that new race name. It keeps translating it as all sorts of weird things. One of the most frequent things they get called in MTL is "Hentai Race." However, in the most recent RAW chapter, it actually got translated as "Samurai Race" which threw me off a little.

Well, I guess being called Samurai race is rather preferable to being called Hentai race. I would rather be a member of the former than the latter at least.

Anyway, I don't think I kept up with the countdown during the character introduction chapters, so I don't even know where I left it off. Oh well, it's still pretty easy to math in order to find where we are right now in the countdown.

And the countdown is...

19. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Y’all ever think that the author will come out of nowhere be like “now that Van has fifty jobs completed, it’s time for his first rank up. Now he’s rank 2! See you after another fifty job changes.”

20. WolfeKuPo

WolfeKuPo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hentai Race was hilarious when I was reading it MTL