[Poll] Your friend got a cool superpower...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you use your friend's pocket dimension?

1. I'm male - Yes! And I'd absolutely date them too!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. I'm male - Yes, and maybe we can try dating

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. I'm male - Yes, and who knows what my feelings might be in the future?

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. I'm male - Yes, and I need to time to think about my feelings

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. I'm male - Yes, we can be friends but I'll never be open to a relationship

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. I'm male - Yes, but I'm going to be distant with my friend since it's awkward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - Yes, but I can't be friends with them anymore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I'm male - Yes, and I'm going to "use" my friend to my benefit like they suggested

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. I'm male - No, I can't reciprocate their feelings so it's unfair to them

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  10. I'm male - No, our relationship would be too awkward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm male - No, I'm afraid of developing feelings for them if I get closer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm male - No, my friend is clearly a yandere so I should avoid them

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  13. I'm male - No, other reason

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  14. I'm female - Yes! And I'd absolutely date them too!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - Yes, and maybe we can try dating

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  16. I'm female - Yes, and who knows what my feelings might be in the future?

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  17. I'm female - Yes, and I need to time to think about my feelings

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  18. I'm female - Yes, we can be friends but I'll never be open to a relationship

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - Yes, but I'm going to be distant with my friend since it's awkward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I'm female - Yes, but I can't be friends with them anymore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm female - Yes, and I'm going to "use" my friend to my benefit like they suggested

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  22. I'm female - No, I can't reciprocate their feelings so it's unfair to them

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  23. I'm female - No, our relationship would be too awkward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - No, I'm afraid of developing feelings for them if I get closer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - No, my friend is clearly a yandere so I should avoid them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. I'm female - No, other reason

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  27. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  28. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    This poll is a slight variant of the dreamwalker one, since I got inspired by some of the responses. :blobnosebleed: Fair warning, it's BL/yuri themed~!!

Once upon a time, in your boring ordinary life, a friend approaches you one day.

You have been friends with this person for many years. This friend is a gender that does NOT match your sexual orientation (meaning they are a male friend if you are a straight guy; female friend if you are a straight girl). Furthermore, they are a more "distant" friend and certainly not one of your best friends — kind of like on the edge of your immediate friend circle. You don't know very much about them except for the fact that they're adopted and don't have any kind of biological family. They are kind of shy and seem to run away from you sometimes.

Aside from this, you're on fairly good terms, even if you're not "best friends".

+ + +

The friend tells you that they have an important secret to tell you.

After meeting you in a secluded place, they make this confession.

Your friend's secret is that they have a superpower to create pocket dimensions that they have total control over. They can make the pocket dimensions however they like, they can cause time to flow at the different rate, and virtually anything is possible so long as your friend desires it inside the pocket dimension.

It is an incredible power — you could walk into the pocket dimension, spend a month-long vacation of your dreams — and then walk out to continue your regular Earth life.

Your friend asks if you want to come see for yourself?

You answer yes, since you have no reason to distrust them.

+ + +

You walk into your friend's pocket dimension, and they start doing a demonstration of everything that is possible. They change the environment, spawn dinosaurs in the sky, make two suns, five moons, take you on a flight through space across the galaxy...

You do a very long tour and you have lots of fun.

At the end of the tour, they change their own appearance into the gender that you're attracted to.

Your friend asks you if you like how they look?

Since you think it's a joke, you respond that you didn't know that your friend had this kind of hobby.

But yeah, they look nice.

+ + +

However, this causes the atmosphere to go heavy.

Suddenly, you friend confesses to you that they're deeply in love with you.

They insist that they're not transgender or gay or anything — because they don't have a problem with their gender identity and they not sexually attracted to either gender (male or female). They have only ever been attracted to you and only you, and they have struggled with their feelings for a long time.

Your friend tells you that they don't expect you to reciprocate your feelings or anything.

However, your friend tells you they want to dedicate their entire life to you.

They'll change themselves in any way, if it will get you to like them. If it means being male or female, adjusting their personality in some way or another — your friends swears they can do it. In fact, they've been near you for a long time, they've seen what kind of people you're attracted to, and they've been practicing to adjust themselves to pick up mannerisms maybe you'll like. They've also done a lot of research into transgender things, and even though they don't consider themselves transgender, they've done a lot of practice, so they're 100% positive they can pass as the gender you're attracted to since they've been working on this for years.

Furthermore, in this pocket dimension, it really is possible for them to change their gender entirely.

Of course... if you can't accept that... your friend says they understand...

They hope that you'll still allow them to platonically dedicate their life to you, even if you reject them.

Regardless of whether you decide to accept their feelings or not, they would like you to use their pocket dimension whenever you like. They can put a door in your house so you can conveniently access it at any time, and you can always ask the friend to make it however you like.

Since you are a special existence to them, they will absolutely do it for you.

Actually your friends says that they'll do anything for you. If you need money or a difficult favor, they will try their absolute hardest to make it happen. They're also okay with you using them for whatever purpose that suits you best, whether that's giving you their social security number or transferring all the money they make to you, because they say that they love you unconditionally.

Even if you want them to go away and never talk to you again... they'll do that too.

Your friend looks really sad at this time, but they've run out of things to say. They don't know what else they can do. They've struggled with this for so long and this is everything that they have.

What will you do?

1. What is your response to your friend?

2. Would you ever consider a relationship with your friend?

3. Would you feel comfortable with using your friend's pocket dimension, even if you're unable to reciprocate their feelings?

4. If you still see your friend as your friend, what is your advice to them? Clearly... their sense of a normal relationship is off. Are you worried about your friend? Is there anything you can do to help them?

5. Suppose that your friend was the gender that DOES match your sexuality orientation. Would this change anything? What if you weren't attracted to them at all? Would their desperate plea that they would "do anything" mean anything to you?

NamGi, false, Cascadian Rex and 2 others like this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, that's so sweet and creepy~ creepysweet! I would totally date them because 1) who doesn't like dedication 2) who likes being potentially in trouble if they change their mindand decide to go yandere on you~

NamGi, Tofu Cat, mangoberry and 5 others like this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    What if the mc in question is bi? Would their friend be an alien lizard person?

4. Arash1

Arash1 A Simple Introvert

Reading List:
    Link
    Or a futa

5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    .....i am out:blobflag:

otaku31 likes this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd: I guess the bi people are the winners!

Uh, if you're bi, their gender is the one that you're less attracted to.

If you're bi and equally attracted to both genders, then they're the same sex as you (for the social homosexuality conflict).

Or you could just say they were intersex to make things weird too. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Well, whatever you want! :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

Loni4ever likes this.
  7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    *Waves* :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

8. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I'm flattered, worried, a bit burdened by their love, but in the end i will try to love him if possible but i don't want him to suit my taste or anything
    I would like to try to love him as the person himself not someone who will suit my taste

lychee likes this.
  9. Lenux

Lenux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    personally that would be super flattering, but regardless of their gender i dont think i would be able to reciprocate their feelings, speaking as a aromantic guy i dont think that i would be able to grown that kind of feelings for him/her/they

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I will reply like a mature adult. "I am honored that he/she/it feels that way about me, but i'm sorry that i can't recipocrate he/she/it feelings towards me."
    Be clear as possible. Don't want for he/she/it to keep hoping. I'm not a douche. Even if its means i can't get the 'perks'.
    I'm looking for mutual feelings and respect in a relationship, not one based of advantages like some chods.

lychee and otaku31 like this.
  11. false

false Today is always the best day ever~

Reading List:
    Link
    I like being liked. At the very least, I wouldn't offhandedly run away as if I was being in sexual danger. Would probably be in heavy confusion though, and I'd ask him to give me some time.

I mean, I don't think I'd ever be romantically attracted to another male. If they're fine with maintaining the relationship only within the dimension and accept that he would forever face my disgust whenever he tries to get close to me in a male form, then sure I'd consider it.

3. Would you feel comfortable with using your friend's pocket dimension, even if you're unable to reciprocate their feelings?

Nope, it's too dangerous.

4. If you still see your friend as your friend, what is your advice to them? Clearly... their sense of a normal relationship is off. Are you worried about your friend? Is there anything you can do to help them?

People are free to like what they like so I'm definitely not going to tell him he's wrong and that he should change. But people are also free to hate what they hate so I won't go out of my way to become whatever it is he wants of me. If I decide that I don't want to pursue romantic relationship, I'd tell him that I want to be an independent person and that taking help without being able to reciprocate it doesn't settle well with me.

5. Suppose that your friend was the gender that DOES match your sexuality orientation. Would this change anything? What if you weren't attracted to them at all? Would their desperate plea that they would "do anything" mean anything to you?
    It would help with getting me into the relationship. If I wasn't attracted to them at all, I guess I'd tell her we'd hang out together for a while before I decide if want to be in a relationship. Their desperate plea would be the sole reason I would even consider this entire thing.

lychee and Loni4ever like this.
  12. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    me, bisexual: so they're... What?
    me, a demiromantic: "oh this is going to be bad"
    me, shortsighted but don't wear glasess & lenses, seeing their blurry image: oh it's... fine?

I don't know you that well. Let's start as friend/let me think about it.
    After they confess?? Obviously!
    I even feel uncomfortable using my family's phone even when they allows it.
    For me, it's either "Gosh it's awkward let's never meet again" or "we are dating". No friends. I had stop being friends with 8+ people because i avoid 1 person, so i doubt we even get a "You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me) But we are never ever, ever, ever getting back together"
    At moment of confusion/panic, i've learn that i am very, self centred and doesn't think about other people. O might owrry, but won't do anything
    Demiromantic, bisexual. Same as no 1.

Tbh if this person is quite nice, i imagine it'd be easy for them to trap me in their dimension & brainwash me to like them.

13. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwaaa... that's heavy... those feelings are too heavy
    If I am looking for a slave or a human to exploit it would be fine,

but since this is my friend and a someone I genuinely care about, I'd ask them to take a good hard look at themselves. Value themselves more, living for someone else's sake to that extent may seem romantic and passionate on paper, in reality, that kind of relationship is damaging to everyone involved.

Be your own person, decided who you are, not who I want you to be, live free.

What about pansexual or @Omnisexual?

Does being that make my friend the winner... or loser?:blobwink:

SilverCrow63, lychee and Loni4ever like this.
  14. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    FAK, LYCHEE, DO NOT MAKE A PART 2 YANDERE

15. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this inspired by that lazy dragon novel, and/or that one comic about humans turned into artifacts (of great power) by a cult whose goal is to have someone dedicated to them?

I'd probably apologize, because I can't recoup their feelings, along with maybe suggesting they make a dup of me in their world, someone that can recoup them, while we can hang out or something. -- Would probably suggest they invert my gender though, so they don't get confused, or whatnot.

Unlikely, mainly because I already know them as one person, so if I knew they tf-ed, that won't just overwrite what I know them as.

Sure, look at 1 for reason.

I'm bad at giving advice, and any I give might trigger them... but I'd tell them they sound like a stalker, and they may need to take some time away from me, to clear their head.

If I'm not attracted to them at all, then gender doesn't matter.

16. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuuugghhh that just kinda sounds so sad pwq to be attached to someone to this degree... my hearteu :blobcry: I kinda really can't imagine that.. so they're both extremely attached to you but respect your wishes above all? Sounds noble and all but it makes me feel really sad for them. What if I was a fucking jerk that'd just use and hurt them and they'd have no desire to even defend against that? No no >_> also, the fact that I'm more important to them than their own identity (like gender or the way they act) uuuggghhhh pwq
    Alright... So I guess we're assuming in this scenario that the MC is single and has no prior emotional entanglements to make it just a little less awkward? Well no matter what, it's incredibly strange and awkward ...

"Uuuuggghhh pwq" jk XD well.. I dunno. I don't feel comfortable just using someone's feelings for me. I'd tell them that this situation is making me very uncomfortable. I'd also ask them a lot of questions to clarify what exactly they mean. Like since when have they felt that way, do they know what caused it, do they have important interests in their life aside from me, how do they act normally vs towards me, basically all kinds of stuff. I'd ask them if they have a "real" self, and if they could just act like that around me? The idea of someone just acting to please me makes me very uncomfortable if it's to this degree.... affection as a result of that just seems like me liking someone liking me rather than me liking an actual person. This may be me being selfish as I'm literally asking them to change their feelings to make me more comfortable, but I'd ask them if there's any way they could find sth else that gives their life meaning, even if it's only a bit in comparison to me. The idea of someone's happiness being solely dependent on me would weigh very heavily on my shoulders... Although I would probably find a way to solve that, if only by increasing my detachment levels XD. I probably wouldn't use their pocket dimension much ... or would I? Depends on if they seem dangerous/manipulative in some way. Anyway, so I'd probably tell them "we can hang out but don't expect too much. If you can, please look into it ways to find things important to you other than me"

Yeah, if they find sth else that's somewhat important to them aside from me. That's the main thing bothering me. Well that or I somehow become ok with being the center of their universe lol. Plus I'd have to come to like them a lot, of course. As for sexual attraction, that's not a deciding factor cause although I'm mostly attracted to guys, I'm bi enough. Plus if we wanna add intersex instead, I think I'd be fine with that too lol.

Totally not. Although they're described as a friendly person, I still wouldn't risk getting harmed or manipulated in case that's not all there is to them. Mainly though cause I just don't feel comfortable using their feelings.

It's difficult cause people are naturally different in what's important to them and fulfills them. If I'm only projecting my thoughts onto them, I might seriously hurt them by pushing them to be or do sth they're not. Although I'm pretty sure that I'd tell them that even though they feel that way, I personally like it more to have multiple things acting as pillars to base my happiness on. So that I know I'll be able to handle it in case one of them shakes or crumbles entirely. And I'd advise them to try to do the same, if they can.
    Of course I'm worried about them, and I'm not sure what I could do to help them. Since I seem that important to them, and considering they're dedicating they're life to me so they won't forget me even if I chose to cut them out of my life, I guess I'd hang out with them as just friends, to make it easier for them. Like as a compromise between what I want and what they want. Well, or maybe not. Maybe I wouldn't be very nice about it xD who knows

Wouldn't change much, since that'd just be the gender I'm attracted to more. Also, I can't imagine not being attracted to someone at all as long as I'm emotionally into them. So yeah, I'd have to spend time as friends with them first and come to like them.

lychee likes this.
  17. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    +over 9000

lychee and Cascadian Rex like this.
  18. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can your friend change their appearance to better match your taste?

lychee likes this.
  19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll probably spend another few days in the pocket dimension thinking about it.
    Yes. Well, maybe. But leaning more to the "yes" side of things than the "not".
    Uh, probably not comfortable, but I'd still use it. It's a fucking pocket dimension.
    Fuck if I know, you think I talk to people much? Hell, this situation is literally impossible for me since I don't really hold friendships for more than a couple of years at a time.
    You know, there's the old adage "Don't stick your dick in crazy", but when said crazy has a pocket dimension, a lot of things change.

Also, relevant novel:
    My Best Friend Became A Transsexual Girl, And Says He Wants to Marry Me, But I’ll Flat Out Refuse.

20. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would say that i appreciate it but I can't accept his feeling since i don't really love him
    2. I don't know, I don't think i would
    3. I wouldn't be comfortable using it since i feel like i don't really deserve it
    4. I would ask him to try and forget about me. I would be worried that he wouldn't find anyone he loves other than me. I don't think there is anything i can do to help him.
    5. It would change something ofc. I would probably say that i would think about it instead of rejecting