Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want a confirmation of what Maryjun actually is (you know air head who actually cares to some degree about her sister - or intentionally evil or whatever ive seen and thought of so many theories lol) - also does anyone slap her father back to reality? and when Vio finally is able to move past her trauma or move forward with it to understand she can make the yande.. em.. people around her happy.

also thanks @lazynoodles for the summaries

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yulan or / and the maid don't remember well seems to want to destroy the whole family for what they make to mc . How go the plan ?

SoyUnGirasol likes this.
  3. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, none of the spoilers have indicated the father having anything bad happening to him or anyone telling him off, so it doesn't seem like the maid achieves anything so far or Violette acting much better in her second life improves his view of his daughter in any way.

Maryjun just seems nice if naive so far, but i am reading the manga and not the novel, i mean, she was the only one that asked for Violette to not get sentenced to death and she just seems to want a sister and doesn't know the full backstory because no one told her, at most i get the feeling she was just told that her father ran away from his first wife because she was awful but no indication of her being crazy or possibly abusive to Violette.

Maybe only the father suspects that of his new family, but again, he doesn't seem to give a damn and in both lifes just treated Violette like trash without any attempt to act like, you know, a father and talk to her, instead just focusing on his favorite daughter, i get the feeling that if it weren't for the mansion and money, he would have spent his entire life doting on Maryjun and never once thinking about Violette ever, he acts like she isn't even his daughter and just someone he is forced to deal with really.

4. Mellize

Mellize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any new spoilers?

Shikha and Sinistertwist like this.
  5. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. I need spoilers.

I think that the author is holding off on the father realizing the truth until the end of the series or closer to the end. Maybe, since apparently MJ is going yandere, it will culminate in MJ trying to stab someone because of her feelings for Vio. Maybe even her own father, as she blamed him for her sister's misery and for not taking her with him, this robbing her of prime Vio time while growing up. That would be absolutely delicious, to see Daddy Dearest go into shock because his perfect, golden child thinks that he's trash to be discarded. Of course his shock in seeing MJ imprisoned and him discovering everything would be good as well. I'd love to see him get ruined, to be honest. He deserves it for being such a trash human being in relation to Vio.

6. Mellize

Mellize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like something similar to this to happen. After all, he needs to face the consequence of his actions. Of course, I don't blame him for hating his first wife but neglecting and giving unfair treatment to Vio just because he assumes she's like her mother ain't right. And more than anything, I want for Vio to be in a happy and healthy relationship or I don't mind her being a nun if that's the best option she has.

7. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohhh... I like this end. I guess the father is the most deserved trash in this novel. If only he treat Vio better from the start, maybe the tragedy will not happen.

chiri.ru, Bansheehee and Lovina like this.
  8. Darkness7913

Darkness7913 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers on this.. I have only read the manga though...
    Since some if not most is sharing their view on this let me express mine as well :)
    • I WANT VIO to be with Yulan because I believe Yulan can give her the love and happiness she craves even with his yandere tendencies..:blob_pompom:
    • the prince to gtf away from vio, I hate him for being mean to Mc in her 1st life. I mean vio liked him (sort of..) and obsessively chased him on the first life but he's like no, then when vio turns away from him, he now feels interested?! like wtf be interested in that sis who has a different view in society (since the reason he liked vio was because she's different) and not vio who wants to have nothing to do with you!!!:blobdevil:
    • Let vio's father get what he deserves...like killing him off?:aww:
    • I knew that Marin cared for vio but never knew that she cared that much.. vio needs lot of love:bloblove:

Mikaa and Ang3Blue like this.
  9. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're kinda missing a few points here. The fact that Vio was obsessively stalking him was precisely why he didn't find her appealing in the first timeline: it's gonna be hard to like someone who obsessively follows you and constantly vies for your attention without consideration. From the looks of things he never even really told her off until she started to harass her sister. The fact that she stopped with the stalking and shows her regular self around him is what draws him towards her, not to mention standing up for Maryjun and then telling her to mind her position more.
    Next, the Prince only really got to know Maryjun because Vio harassing her unintentionally pushed them together. Without Vio to act as a catalyst that unintentionally starts their interactions, they never really approach each other and end up indifferent at best.
    Both of these parts were pointed out, with Violette even admitting she was in the wrong in her previous life.

On another note, I'm personally not too invested in Yuran. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind if he ended up with Violette but I think he seriously needs more character development. My biggest gripe with him is that from where I am now, he lacks any real notable traits of his own. He's Violette's devoted childhood friend, he dislikes her family and is plotting their downfall, and has some gripes with the Prince. Aside from that last one, it's hard to find a trait of his that doesn't go back to Violette.

There definitely seems to be some potential for him later on though. We have the fact that he and Marin want to strike against the rest of Violette's family, which doesn't really mesh well with what she wants. Her end goal is just to escape from her family and nobility in general because she feels like she'll keep causing trouble for everyone, having something big like that happen would probably make her blame herself. Next, is also the fact that she seems to have genuinely grown to love Maryjun as we see in the manga (even if her own self doubts cause her to deny it), I don't think she'd react all that well to Yuran pulling something on her that gets her seriously hurt.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Yu07 likes this.
  10. Silentstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the problem with Yulan is that he's just there for lack of a better word, they imply things about his past, but so far he isn't very memorable and the only reason we go for the Violette/Yulan route is the fact he's always liked her and supports her, that's it.

Even the maid seems to get more personality than him fast and the idea of someone working for her family and possibly starting to destroy it from within is interesting, and the maid only appears like two times.

Granted, revealing himself to be a yandere gives Yulan some much needed personality but it's not something that makes me want to have him get together with Violette, in fact, it makes Claudia look better for not being an obsessive lover or something like that, particularly since this series has gone out of it's way to say that yanderes make for lousy partners and that they are way too dangerous and traumatic.

Seriously, it's established that Violette being raised by a yandere messed her up and part of her development is accepting that she was just awful and horrible to everyone when she was a yandere, this is not a pro-yandere series, if Yulan really becomes one, he will either grow out of it or not get Violette at all.

LockedPuppet likes this.
  11. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a very good point! Time and time again we're shown the negative consequences of obsessive love and how loving someone the wrong way can hurt them. First, there's Violette in the original timeline who only really loved the idea of being with the Prince and pursued him in a desperate attempt to get others to love her. Next, we have her mother who needs no mention. I don't think I can see her being comfortable with someone so devoted to her they'd be willing to hurt her family, even if she doesn't have a lot of happy things to say to them.

It's kinda why I'm so interested to see her interactions with the prince: he's arguably the most well-adjusted member of the cast aside from being a bit headstrong. No major devotion/love issues, no desperate need for attention, as far as we can tell his parents are okay too. I wanna see what someone like him looking into her family situation could do. It's a weird scenario: the very fact that he isn't as close to Violette as he'd want to, compared to Yulan is precisely what makes him a more interesting love interest and sets up possible future interactions.

I DO think there could be a possible falling out between Violette and Yulan, probably for whatever he has planned for her family.

I guess that's my main grip with Yanderes if they aren't done well- they're not usually that interesting because they often lack traits that don't go back to a singular character which really hampers them since it makes all of their interactions very predictable.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Silentstorm likes this.
  12. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Its not just him; its her maid as well - the only ally (eternally loyal thats why I want to know what happened to her in the first TL since before Yulan could think to act - she would have acted) To be candid here - I doubt Vio would be be shedding lakes worth of tears if her Father and step mother were ruined. She simply wants to be rid of shit - however shes also breaking down - its more obvious from what ive been told and what summaries ive read here and found else where. So.. Yeah Her mother was Abusive and Evil. Her Father is a negectful asshole and her step mother wouldnt care if she stepped on Vio (literally or figuratively) I dont care either way about the Crown Prince personally hes just kinda.. there. MJ being the only real wild card - what actually is she etc.

So not sure I really see a falling out with Yulan because fairly certain unless I totally misunderstood she loves/likes him and the realization of that doesn't help her mental state at all (note breaking down) etc. I also doubt shed care over much about her Father or step mother being politically ruined.

And I still want to know what happened to best lesbian maid in the first TL because she would have acted long before Yulan. And likely just as if not more violently.

13. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now, Violette is a tragic character. She's pretty much given up on any hope that anyone will ever love her. Given her previous life, she's given up any hope of love from her family, the prince, anyone. She pushed away Yulan at that time, Marin was always just a support.

In this life, she is actively avoiding others. She tolerates and is polite towards family, but has no love for them. She acknowledges that she at one point loved the price, but that was a false love for his status, and not for the actual person. Their relationship is that of classmates at this point. She reconnected with Yulan, and enjoys his company. She has a fondness for Maryjun. The poor girl is so jaded, that she doesnt understand that Maryjun deeply respects her, that the prince found her natural honest, non-pushy self attractive, that Yulan has a crush on her but never speaks up about it. Right now, it's hard to tell who the main lead is - Yulan? or Claudia. Both need a lot of character development before they earn ML status.

Yulan - Clearly loves her, but he is so passive about it. He's stuck in the supportive friendzone. He needs to step up and be more assertive and be more flashy about it to get her attention. He's forever on standby in the background watching and waiting. He needs to join in on the action at some point. Needs to speak up. Does have an interesting backstory of having royal blood, but he needs to make use of his status to help her out at some point .

Claudia - Developing a romantic interest. Does want to spend time with her to get to know her better, finds any excuse to spend time with her. Unfortunately Violette gave up on him so he's fighting an uphill battle

for fun, Maryjun: She absolutely adores Violette, Violette doesn't recognize that. Violette also spends all her time making Maryjun look good but doesn't realize this strategy is backfiring and makes her look amazing as well.

14. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't disagree with you that she's not gonna be upset if anything happens to her family, I just feel like she wouldn't be happy that Yulan and her Maid would hurt someone like that just for her sake. Remember, her self-esteem is in the pits right now and while I'm sure she doesn't really care about her father or step-mother at the moment she, to the very least, has a budding affection towards Maryjun even if she isn't comfortable acknowledging that fact.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread but a major reason why she wants to become a nun at a monastery is that, in addition to wanting to get away from everything, she feels like she'll only ever cause grief for those around her, and that she'll only ever really find happiness if she locks herself away. I can't imagine she'd react well if something bad happened to those around her, even if it is her family (and again, I don't think she'd want to see Maryjun get hurt), and especially not if those bad things are being done for her sake in the first place.

15. Kon

Kon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've reading this manga. I really like this story.

I really want to see Vio finding happiness.

I really hate the father of Vio. So, I also want him to suffer.

However, I like MJ (from what I read in the manga). So, I don't want her to be imprisoned.

Yu07 likes this.
  16. Arie Sun

Arie Sun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that we should make separate forum for discussion or speculation for this novel or manga. 16 pages and majority are headcanons. I understand the lack of updates but it's ridiculous to combed through so many in search for spoilers.

I thought we already agreed that we need to treat the novel and manga as separate work (reminded me of Black Butler lol). I never read the manga and manga reader's comments confused me.

17. Silentstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what, one character i forget even exists is Violette's step mother, we know she's there, Mj is her daughter and she at least eats with the rest of the family but...i don't recall her ever talking or doing anything, at least in the manga so far, does she ever do anything in the novel?

Because, really, for all that she's been mentioned or been important, she could have been dead and nothing changing at all besides Violette having a flashback of hearing Mj talking about how great her relationship to her mother was, it's just, people have mentioned that she hasn't said anything about the way the father treats his unfavorite daughter nor anything saying she supports him, was she even there in the court when Violette was sentenced to jail for trying to kill Maryjun?

Just wish she had a scene where she actually contributes enough for readers to notice her.

18. Sione

Sione Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the spoiler??

staradorned likes this.
  19. Silentstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some spoilers in the thread, it just doesn't seem the novel is that far ahead of the manga, at least in what was translated, and the most that has happened seems to be Maryjun falling for Yulan and Yulan being a yandere for Violette.

20. Yuuasa

Yuuasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok so. i tried to read through all of this (but totally failed because this is a lot of shit, lol) before posting so if this has been mentioned; sorry for the repeat. I was getting too frustrated reading all the wild comments but not seeing anyone hit on the things that bothered me the most; the step mother. So this little shit gets with a married man (knowingly or otherwise), has a kid with him, raises the kid with love and some degree of common sense, lives her happy dreamy perfect family life and then gets to play some "moving on up" game and take over the now empty spot of the official wife - all while knowing, as she moves into this house with her own daughter, that her (now) husband has a daughter of his own living in that house that he hasn't set foot in in years. She clearly knows he hasn't had any loving, fatherly contact with his daughter since she was in her formative years. No one. No one; is stupid enough to be with someone for what? 15? 16? years & not know this shit. So this piece of crap woman knows that this child has been neglected by at least half their parentage. She may not know anything about the biological mother's abuse but she most likely heard some shit from this trash father about how his legit wife is a bat shit crazy obsessive sociopath. Having that knowledge and leaving the child there? For that long? Not even bothering to check up? You know you're with a grade A shit bag of a man and you, as an adult who is essentially 1/3rd of this poor innocent child's major life issues (she very well could have been murdered. These people left her for dead.) - are also a ginormous asshole for not at least trying to help the child (even if only by convincing her father to). The fact that when she moves into this house with her kid, see's the way this twat of a man is treating his eldest daughter, and doesn't speak up about it? Base and deplorable. Airheadedness is not an excuse. People might try to pass that half baked excuse off for Maryjun because she's young and learning - she gets infinite "free passes" because she's an adolescent - but this mother is an adult and as an adult she should know better and live up to her responsibilities. You married a man with a child; you signed up for being her second mother. Fkn act like it woman. Stop acting like you're blind. Don't be so damn biased. Your husband is biased enough for the entire family.

Also. Maryjun. No matter what anyone says; I can't see her as being so blindly naive. She was clearly raised with love and an education. She knows, at least to some level, the difference between right and wrong. Not to mention that she is beyond spoiled. Her father would (literally) let her get away with murder. Her mother also clearly dotes on her. So all she had to do was say one word. One word of defense to her parents about their treatment of her supposed "beloved" sister. But she did not. So I can't help but hold doubts about this child.

The prince just plain needs to go. I don't care if you're intrigued by her now that she's cold to you. I don't care if you're a closet M. You didn't even try see her when she was into you. You just wanted to see the ugliness of it and feed into the rumors. Sure; It would still have fallen apart even if he had been decent and not treated her like a maggot. But it might not have added to the trauma. I'm honestly just exhausted seeing him chasing her now that she's moved on. If you see she has someone she's happy with and you can tell she's uncomfortable around you due to past actions on both sides - just wish her well and leave her the hell alone? It's not that hard? You rejected her; she moved on. Let it go. And I'm sure people will be like "but he just wants to be happy. he didn't know. he deserves a chance at love, too. he has every right to pursue that." Sure. You can say that. But if he was actually serious he should try to actually get to know her and her circumstances and not put her in these uncomfortable positions; especially since he was shown as relating to her situation due to his relationship with Yulan and their parents.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020