Spoiler Miss not so sidekick

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by earp, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ibelin is not actually bad.......she's just not the perfect angelic/always kind to everybody character that she's supposed to be :blobpopcorn_cool: so ppl might be feel betrayed because of that. Moreover, people already spoiled at the end where
    she demands for Latte to return fish #2 and #3's attention to her. I meant you can't exactly call 'they should pay attention to me instead of you!' outburst as a horrible crime (jealous toddler does the same), but that's definitely not what you expect from all-loving, kind-to-everyone perfect angelic character

It's interesting to see how it should originally go VS what actually happening now. what I found very sadly (and raging inducing:blobdevil:) is that Arwin is set to fall for Ibelin for no discernible reason at all :facepalm:(AKA the author dictated he must, so he is. Even though it contradicts his trait). Seriously. Arwin helping Ibelin when she gets attacked by thugs over giving coins to beggar? Not going to happen without author's dictating But Thou Must!:blobsleepless: Arwin is not a saint that going to help everyone that's in trouble. He's perfectly fine with leaving Latte vs shoulder-swindlers on her own before he got interested by her comedy heart attack skit. Maybe because Ibelin pretty lady? Arwin's prettier :blob_zipper_mouth:errr, I meant, Arwin doesn't even bat an eye on prettiest lady Peridot's approach.

Actually, Ibelin told Arwin to treat Latte more gently because she's Ibelin's friend. As in 'You like me, so do this for me.' To which Arwin respond, 'I may found you interesting, but don't order me around.' (Latte describe this best as 'You can't expect Arwin to Kneel':blobfearful:)
    I don't see Ibelin fussed over Latte's relationship with Arwin later though. (she never talks or warn Latte 'that boy looks psycho' or something like that, that friends usually does when talking between themselves. Then again Ibelin seems not very observant, she even looks pretty clueless when finger fly trying to provoke her).

it's a sidestory that happens after novel ended (timeline is 1 year after arwin and latte married). There's nothing mentioned about he finds out about different world, so probably not (CMIIW). Would be interesting to see if Latte ever return to modern world to her original body and Arwin following her there :blobrofl:(there's another sidestory that while not mentioning soul switching/return back but seems touching modern AU theme (in the line of Hyejung meeting modern world Arwin's equivalent or something like that (unfortunately doesn't get translated, so not much is known about this)

2. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I heard the spoiler came from the novel which I didn't read so I'm not sure how valid is that spoiler. If it's true, then I'll really drop this story because I'm getting tired of stories that purposely make the original FL bad just so that the transmigrated/reborn person can be seen as a good person and in the end just end up taking over the role of FL.

The webtoon on the other hand, draw Ibelin in a much nicer personality just that because we are reading from the MC's perspective, where MC have a biased view over Ibelin, and MC only thinks Ibelin as a book character with fixed characteristics and so only see her surface. MC Latte didn't seem to acknowledged that Ibelin is also just a normal human like her so Ibelin do have emotions. When Ibelin who was portrayed as clueless and passive in the eyes of MC also most readers here as well, show emotions, the readers can't accept it because it felt like a break of her character.

That's not true. Actually, Alwin was only pretending to be in love with Ibelin in the beginning because he was bored and he finds it fun to make the 1st and 2nd fish jealous and frustrated over his participation into the love rivalry. But the MC who read the book mistakenly thought that Alwin had love at first sight with Ibelin in the robber alley and so rushed there to watch it happening. In the original plot, Alwin help out Ibelin because he had known the prince and knight are after her and so save her conveniently so that he have 'excuse' to be near Ibelin and act as their rival in love. Just that eventually the pretend turned real after several incidents that brought them together.

That is from MC's thinking.

When MC saw Ibelin asking Arwin to treat Latte better, an action that deemed as courting death because no one ever ask Arwin for anything, MC went wow at Ibelin's actions. She justisfied that Ibelin can be only so daring because Arwin is already hooked (which is not true at all). As earlier, the MC saw Arwin following Ibelin, and misunderstood that Ibelin was able to capture 3rd fish even without that 1st meeting whereas Arwin was only just Ibelin's acquaintance. Which is why Ibelin's words felt more to 'You like me, so do this for me.' but it wasn't really meant it that way.

There was no hidden agenda in her words. She just wanted Arwin to treat MC sincerely that's all. To Ibelin, although both MC and Arwin are her friend but because MC is her first female friend so she voice out to Arwin as she didn't want MC to get hurt by Arwin's bad intention. That time, Arwin had already find MC more interesting so Arwin respond, 'I may found you interesting, but don't order me around.' Arwin did not want to give up interacting with the MC since the MC had already took Arwin's interest with the robber alley incident.

Any Ibelin did warned MC to stay away from Arwin but MC didn't listen to her advise so Ibelin ask Arwin to be nicer to MC instead. But Arwin at that time as only thinking of MC like a pet who highly amusing so had felt no need to really treat MC with that much sincerity.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  3. Rainystee

Rainystee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see that people are looking more in depth in the matter of oriFL and MC, but we really should do that in the discussion threads, since this IS a spoiler thread. Is there anyone that could spoil some more about the side stories, maybe?
    P.S
    I mean no disrespect as I agree on most that was said on this thread, but would appreciate more spoilers rather that discussions.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  4. Ecchan

Ecchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    novel is not yet translated (not sure how people can discussed them without any chapter). People usually started to know MNSS from webtoon, so it's probably manga/manhwa discussion. However, if you want to discuss/talk what comes AFTER current translated chapter webtoon (currently chapter 92), it's novel discussion/spoiler territory. That's........2-3 separate threads? (with what I imagine as lots of lonely unanswered post since not many people read original novel to know the answer (I don't read them too, I can't read korean lol)

Since I'm lazy, I'd rather talk/discuss about webtoon/novel/spoilers in same thread but not sure if this is okay with the rules.

So, okay, just itching to do this one last post then.

well, people standards are varied. But rather than 'make Ibelin's bad so Latte comes up as saintly MC', I think Ibelin and Latte both had flaws.
    Ibelin is *created* to be female lead. That's why she had MAX stat in prettines, brainy (in ancient glyph), can dance and sing to mesmerize everyone/winning contest, etc, etc. As female lead, she also had NOVEL PLOT working for her in setting romantic and beneficial encounters whenever she walks (remember how Latte said she spent 10 years without even having a glimpse of fishes? and how Ibelin always encounter them? it's really the plot. one of NOVEL SPOILERS having Arwin thinking it's strange how he *suddenly* got this urge to go *somewhere* and Ibelin will be there. It was like god setting them up.

In short, Ibelin is never a *mere* normal girl. She is female lead with PLOT powers (blinding people with her sparkling beauty, winning every contest with her many talents, rewarded from single random encounters (like unpublished piano piece), having PLOT ARMORS by the fishes)....she's the perfect female lead.........in Latte's favorite book

Yes Latte treated everyone as book character, but she's having this mindset for about +10 years after transmigrated (+ dunno how many years in her original Hyejung body while the novel runs) VS just about 1 month Ibelin arrived in the country. You can see how she's totally 'what's this? how can this be? this isn't in novel?!' with Arwin went against the script. She's not prepare for the differences she will encounter because this is real life and not a book (NOVEL SPOILERS = Latte finally accept this is her real life *now* (instead 'hey! I'm a spectator in my favorite book!') after almost getting offed by Peridot. That's how bad Latte's misconception about her life is)

Talking about idealized friendship, while Latte has flaw of viewing Ibelin as perfect angelic character with 100% pure good thought; Ibelin never really communicate with Latte when she's having uncomfortable thoughts about this.

There's an example in webtoon where Ibelin asks to get home with Rondemio and Roselia. It get explanation in NOVEL SPOILERS that it was her attempt to befriend Roselia. NOTED how Latte says Ibelin taking initiative (to get close to someone) is surprising because normally, it's the other people who attempting to befriend Ibelin, and Ibelin just need to accept the hands that offered to her. Since she lives 18 years of her life with this kind of setting, she didn't know what to say or do to normally make friends with people that didn't have special event with her (Roselia's connecting event to Ibelin is her pining for Kenneth).
    So yeah, like Latte, Ibelin's background living as female lead as 18 years and suddenly 'um, not? kinda?' probably thrown her emotion as disarray as well (but I'm sorry, I still cannot forgive her for demanding to return Arwin to her though, since I'm an avid Arwin x Latte shipper)

Nope. Canon says (webtoon, chapter 46) that three fishes realizes they're in rivalry at the Eirene's event. You know, when all of them met together. Beforehand, it's all single encounter event. the NOVEL SPOILERS saying that novel author is basically giving him *this sudden urge to go somewhere* and when Arwin follows it, he'll encounter Ibelin.

There's no hidden agenda, that's an order. An order how to treat Latte, Ibelin's friend. As we can see from later webtoon chapters, Arwin doesn't really have problem treating Latte nicely; he do, however, have problem of someone suddenly *ordering* him around. Particularly, a stranger that he just met couple of times

Ibelin also never warned Latte to stay away from Arwin. Afterwards, he just apologized that Latte being floated down from balcony (and subsequently leading to Arwin freefalling her) is because of her and Latte says 'don't mind it, don't mind it. I'm okay.' In all subsequent events that happened afterwards, Ibelin never acknowledge Arwin/Latte either (she wouldn't make the demand 'return him to me!' otherwise) because in all her 18 years of living, for Arwin to pay more attention to Latte than to her is something outside normalcy.

5. Lumina25684

Lumina25684 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, is there a link to the raw novel or am I going to have to buy it?

6. 0xid3li

0xid3li Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone post a quick link to the wiki spoilers? I’m packed with google translate if needed haha

7. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eagerreadergirl, 0xid3li and ardills like this.
  8. jhoelaf

jhoelaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a link to read the novel raw so I could just mtl it? Kakao isn't free

9. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just where did you read the novel ?

10. Animegeek1235

Animegeek1235 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According the the namu wiki thing (and google translate)
    Latte and Arwin have a son named Aude(?) and that he has latte hair color and Arwin eyes
    And not only that but latte nicknamed him Arwin jr cause he acts just like Arwin (and he has a crush on esula and Bishot daughter and calls her a idiot)
    So according to the spoiler that latte and Arwin daughter has her own book they also have a son

samster, Yukari_me, Ivasama and 14 others like this.
  11. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh so Bishot is a real person. I thought that he was just a disguised Arwin used to stick close to latte.

12. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... They have been in the same room before. And I think it would be a bit much for Arwin to make a clone to punish for bad teleportation slips and then send off to latte's place lmao.

Th.ay, karls, Rosie77 and 1 other person like this.
  13. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, from the way they keep talking about him, I have a feeling that'd probably be pretty easy for him though. But he also seems like the type of guy who'd find that a pain in the butt lol

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  14. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a link to the extra novel where Latte and Kenneth end up together instead? I totally love Latte and Arwin but I’m dying to know how it would happen between Latte and Kenneth

15. animestar411

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that they become good friends and there is a side story where they end up together

16. thatcrispyperson

thatcrispyperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I would like to know how Arwin confess his love.... Attraction? (What would he call it!?)

17. animestar411

Reading List:
    Link
    If the wiki translation is correct it is when he got stabbed and was bleeding badly

18. thatcrispyperson

thatcrispyperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You kidding me right! No way! He for real just said "I'm dying but don't worry bc I love you" Type of confession!? (Also he wouldn't die bc obviously he's Arwin)

19. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaat!? Arwin got stabbed!? Why? How? By who?

20. animestar411

Reading List:
    Link
    Google translate was a but hazy on the details. I am still confuse on whether or not if Pedriot has a brother or not name Garnet who apparently stabbed Arwin cause Garnet like late I think.like I said google translate was clear on it