[Poll] Could you accept being part of a harem?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to be part of the prince(ss)'s harem?

1. I'm male - Absolutely yes!

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. I'm male - Yes, of course

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. I'm male - Probably yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm male - Maybe yes

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. I'm male - Reluctantly yes

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. I'm male - I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. I'm male - Reluctantly no

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. I'm male - Maybe no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - Probably no

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. I'm male - No, I wouldn't

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  11. I'm male - No, absolutely not!

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  12. I'm female - Absolutely yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm female - Yes, of course

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - Probably yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - Maybe yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - Reluctantly yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - Reluctantly no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - Maybe no

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. I'm female - Probably no

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  21. I'm female - No, I wouldn't

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  22. I'm female - No, absolutely not!

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  23. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  24. I would never have fallen in love with the prince(ss)

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  25. I would never fall in love

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  26. I would kill myself

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Still going on the adventure, but this time might just bring the princess along with me. Elope I guess? This is a medieval setting, how tf are they gonna find us without modern technology? Unless they have cheat magic.
    Fake my own death, fk it I'm out of there. Then I'll ask my dad (king) for some allowance and then set off adventuring. Although I at times joke about wanting to be in a yandere harem for the experience, I actually value my life.(unless I can guarantee my own safety and freedom, then I would be kind of interested to see how it plays out).
    I'd be very very annoyed. What happens if I touched a male yandere rapist? I'm not that strong of a guy, and what happens when I accidentally touch my father/mother/brother/sister? Does the Sweet Home Alabama song start playing in the background?
    Tell the Lover A and Lover B to settle the grudge with a private duel. I would then hint that I hate cowards who use soldiers to fight in their place and that I would see the winner in a better light but also not say anything that would force me to marry the winner. If they're so madly in love with me, they'd probably follow through with my hints and just do a private duel. Just hope the kingdoms they represent won't go to war after one of them dies.

Chiiiiiiiii and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the fantasy me, provided they are at least 18+ (for legal reasons) and act "sexy" on their own accord, that would be many a person's dream come true. However, in real life, I want to get married to a woman someday!

3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So the prince(ss) is really a succubus/incubus.
    How can we be certain that he(r) words are believable and that we're not already under he(r) spell?

Even if true, it only changes the initial option from:
    (1) Stuck in a one-sided marriage with a loveless prince(ss),
    TO
    (1) Stuck in a "mutual" marriage with a polygamous prince(ss)
    AND adds a new option
    (4) Carry on a secret love affair with the prince(ss)

(1) is still a deal-killer. Don't think the issue was about whether the love was one-sided or not, but more that you had to physically share your lover with others. Again, for males, it's still a losing proposition.

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, not my problem. I might be down for a secret affair if she really has feelings for me, but I'm not joining her harem just because she gave me that half-assed confession.

kkgoh likes this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Does this change your opinion about the situation?
    I won't join any harem, but I am willing to offer her help in demolishing the rest of them, if she so wishes.
    2. What would you do if you were the prince(ss)? How do you survive a yandere harem? Note: killing off the lovers is not a viable options because many of them are important political allies.
    Force them the fight it out.
    3. What would you do if you had the prince(ss)'s power where anyone you touch falls madly in love with you?
    I'd wear gloves all the time.
    4. Suppose you are the prince(ss) and a massive war gets triggered between Lover A and Lover B (because of you). What will you do? How do you resolve this situation?
    Try and get them to end it as cleanly as possible.

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  6. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I'm very anti-drama, and marrying into that sounds like it would be a non-stop ragefest.

2. What would you do if you were the prince(ss)? How do you survive a yandere harem? Note: killing off the lovers is not a viable options because many of them are important political allies.
    o_O rather be celibate.

3. What would you do if you had the prince(ss)'s power where anyone you touch falls madly in love with you?
    As I'm completely disinterested in someone blindly loving me, no one would be allowed within touching distance of me. Since magic is a thing on this world, I would invest in enchantments that negated or mitigated my curse. Failing that, I would just distance myself from the public at large.

4. Suppose you are the prince(ss) and a massive war gets triggered between Lover A and Lover B (because of you). What will you do? How do you resolve this situation?
    See answers 1 2 and 3....

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it is a beautiful goodbye blobmelt_thumbs

Wear gloves, assure a good layer of clothes so the ability doesn't take effect..., :hmm: point is I would find a way so that I wouldn't gather such a number of lovers :facepalm:

See previous answer

They are not lovers but simply poor people who have been charmed, in game like words, they are under an effect that hypnotises them, in a war or polytics or for someone who wants a harem it is a great ability but not a good one for someone seeking a peaceful calm lovely married life, and just to say, they are not yanderes otherwise they would kill each other the moment they know that they got rivals (a real yandere like their partner all to themselves not share their lover with others) :blobsweat_2:

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Aye, alright. I'll tell her I change my mind.

I'm not just going to live in yandere harem land forever, though. I want the freedom to come and go, the power to travel and buy things with the royal seal, and she better make the effort to keep seeing me. It's the only way we're going to fix this situation.

First, let's prioritise finding a way to cure her "victims". We should also look into breaking the curse.
    As a back-up plan, we'll think about faking her death and hiding somewhere with no people.

As a super back-up plan to the back-up plan... I'll tell her about my curse on the spot and say that, in the worst case scenario, I will use it to kill off the harem without making us suspects.

Build myself a tower and become Rapunzel until a cure is found. Take my "friend" with me as "merely a friend", lesbian gal pals style.

As above.

Tell them that I could never love someone who would willingly put their people through war and just straight up guilt trip them into behaving.

lychee and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  9. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, that's probably is too late....... even if I still held feelings for him I wouldn't enter the harem, because once love is mixed in the harem a tragedy is bound to happen, so it's better not get close.
    But I would still treat him like a brother, if in my journey I found something that can also destroy/suppress his cheat I will give him a call.

First of, since I, in theory, had someone that I liked but there was a risk of endangering said person if I showed too much favor, sure enough I wouldn't show it on the surface but I also wouldn't make an harem........ rather, I would make a pseudo harem (like being surrounded, but acting all dense and friendzoning everyone), touch the most powerful people known and help my best friend/crush (saying it was actually for himself, which also is) while also trying to get their heart back in secret (if a relationship ever develops it would have to be kept in secret). After being able to lift the curse/cheat I might go for a run, or kill them (since they trust me too much it should be easy to poison them or kill through other method) and never go back to the identity of a prince.

4 - Giving the favor to only one person or all would still trigger war anyways~ might as well and just watch +1:blobpopcorn_cool:
    But if things get worse for me too...... than let's just let their head fall~:blobhero: 2 less to bother~ Make sure that their country is ruined........ rather, I might as well conquering all countries and become a tyrant emperor who sent all his wives to eat grass by it's roots and take the only I love~:blobokhand:

lychee likes this.
  10. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you agree to marrying the prince(ss)? Why or why not?
    No. Master dog has no interest in marrying.
    2. Could you accept it if your lover was married with other people and sleeping with other people?
    No I could not except marriage/
    3. Suppose that a number of the prince(ss)'s spouses are somewhat competitive and always fight each other for the prince(ss)'s attention. Would you participate in the catfight? Suppose you find out about a plot to backstab a particular spouse that you really dislike. Would you assist with the plot?
    NO. NO. Master dog is not a murderer he is a master dog all shall kneel before him in servitude and love.
    4. Suppose that the prince(ss) has a calendar and a secretary who arranges who they sleep with every day. How often would you try to get yourself onto the schedule?
    Never.
    5. Are you a very needy person? How much attention do you need from your lover to be happy?
    I do not need/have a lover so none.

11. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    My biggest problems with this are still unchanged: 1. My freedom will be abrogated in a royal harem. 2. I would constantly be in fear of other people I cared about dying.

So, yeah, while it would be harder to leave, and I probably would continuously come back to visit the prince (and possibly even have an affair with them), I still would refuse to be married to them and be in the harem.

Loni4ever likes this.
  13. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope nope nope.
    I ain't sharing.

I'd rather be forever alone than share a women who can't give me all of her love.

14. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well shit. That's almost/just as sad as my own curse. I HAVE to stay now, jeez :blobsob: I can't leave my long time friend alone like that, surrounded by people who he can't be sure loves him for real or just because of his power. I fear a possible mental breakdown... I would still prefer not being in a harem but I think I would feel a little sorry for the other spouses too. We'd have to make sure to keep our feelings and this secret on the down low tho, if people find out they've been charmed this could only lead to bad things.

2. What would you do if you were the prince? How do you survive a yandere harem? Note: killing off the lovers is not a viable options because many of them are important political allies.
    I think his approach might be the safest actually. If he gets married to all the spouses, they are somewhat under his political thumb. He has the grounds to punish them if they do anything wrong, and it's only the really greedy ones that'll try to do anything sneaky. If he treats everyone with impartiality and rules with an iron fist then casualties can be limited.

Were I the prince tho I would live as a recluse and refuse to meet/touch anybody lol. :blobxd: Sorry father but you're gonna have to sure a different heir

3. What would you do if you had the prince's power where anyone you touch falls madly in love with you?
    As stated above, be a recluse. Limit my interaction with people and wear gloves and PPE whenever possible. With a charm magic like this, it's easy to abuse when in desperation. I don't want to become a despicable person. Plus, I don't want a trail of yanderes stalking me, especially if I don't have any power to resist them. Prince is lucky he's royalty, if he was a commoner he may have been kidnapped/imprisoned already lol

4. Suppose you are the princess and a massive war gets triggered between Lover A and Lover B (because of you). What will you do? How do you resolve this situation?
    Before this happens we should obviously establish laws within the royal harem. No in fighting, no trying to assassinate/get rid of rivals and no troubling me etc. Tho this might cause a rift in the harem between a peace faction and a monopoly faction... But if I can take advantage of their feelings for me, they can sorta checks & balance themselves. Lotsa influential people in the harem, I'm sure many of them can prevent a war or two from happening.

Now if this is unavoidable... I would divorce the two as an example. Make sure they know I am disappointed in them for involving their country in their personal affairs, and if they can't play nice then I can't be with them.

Honestly if I was forced in a harem where I didn't love anybody I wouldn't mind if some rivals got rid of each other, less headache for me. But the less blood the better.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  15. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no problem we can't solve with firepower.... Ready my Nuke Captain, warm the rocket!

16. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i already agree previously anyway

is running away an option?, well being royalty mean many people want to kill you, one and two more wont change anything

3. What would you do if you had the prince(ss) power where anyone you touch falls madly in love with you?
    is it have to be skin contact?, if not, i will isolated myself in the tower

4. Suppose you are the princess and a massive war gets triggered between Lover A and Lover B (because of you). What will you do? How do you resolve this situation?
    watch it while having a popcorn

17. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee Ooh, nuance. I love nuance.

The answers to part 2:

1) Not the significantly, but a little. At least enough to assent to periodic visits and letters, and not cut ties entirely. She didn't wish for this, but I know I'll grow miserable in a relationship like that. I'd be more OK with both going loveless, than joining a harem. Triply so if I knew the girl I loved didnt even want to be with most of that harem to begin with. If she decides otherwise, that's her call but I would have no part of it, and any advice she would ask would be in the direction of 'Get yourself out of this miserable situation, dumbass.'

I'd still go off to find my own love and live my own life, except I'd make an effort to send occasional letters as distractions, and stop by if I'm ever in the area. Pity would overrule my self preservation enough to at least be friends, however little that may mean.

2) Join a convent. Become an explorer while searching for a way to turn off or destroy the cheat. Take on a new identity. Any of those, but I'd basically do anything but consent to forming a harem like that. A normal harem where love is actually the key factor, I might assent to if I'm not the one sharing and the girls (or in this hypothetical, guys) do a lot of persuading... but otherwise I'll just be a loner till death if need be. No relationships without being 100% on board.

3) Spend my life:
    - wearing gloves
    - learning concealment and llusion or shapeshifting magic
    - searching for a way to at least turn off the cheat at will, or dispell it.
    - Exile myself as either a hermit or explorer, if all else fails. Wouldn't be able to trust anyones' affection otherwise, and thats no way to live.

4) Try the "If you truly care for me, stop this bullshit" approach. If that fails, return to my exile and study magic, physics and engineering.

I'm very stubborn when it comes to things like peer pressure and forced emotional attachment. Hell, forced emotional shifts/mind control is literally the one thing I loathe in fantasy above all others. As a concept, not as a story element.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  18. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    No! This will make the situation more suspicious

Faking death is the best option if possible or using double as decoy might possible too. If polygamy is to much, polyamory is an option too, use the power to seduce people (any gender) that are have eyes for the suspected yandere, it will keep the yandere busy and give time for the faking death plan#44 success....... and escape as far away possible

Capture the shitty magical girl and fall in love, let the shitty magical girl death a very horrible death beyond what you can imagine

Buy popcorn, don't worry they're adult and can resolve their problem
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

19. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART 2

1. I will treat the princess a bit better but would still go along with my shadow ruler plan.

2. Since they are yandere then trying to reason with them is useless. I honestly would be helpless as the target. Only way out that I see is being able to overpower them to submission in whatever way possible. Since they are yandere, make them think that the "me" they are in love it only exists in the state of harmony. That way maybe they will try to maintain status quo.

3. I guess experimentation is needed... otherwise the kingdom is heading for ruin.

4. Back to the end of my 2. answer. "Since they are yandere, make them think that the "me" they are in love it only exists in the state of harmony. That way maybe they will try to maintain status quo." If that won't do it then seduce the power out of their hands so that the worst they can do is fist fight. Atleast no war and their political power is already yours.

This version can be a spinoff of the original.

20. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfused:every royal family has this issue or juat the prince's family? im assuming the second
    somewhat. but mutual feelings with one member or all the members is still a deciding factor...
    yandere harem
    no thanks. lets just marry no one and pretend to be an oblivious fool ...since acts dont last forever,lets also plan death meticulously and run away into the mountains. im sure id have a sibling to take over ruling.
    wear gloves. and long sleeves. maybe cover everything up but my face and hair
    maybe cover part of my face too. veil. be a mysterious spellcaster.
    how??

um. fake my death very realistically and dramatically with lots of despair they are fighting. they wil reconcile in their shared greif at my passing

after
    run away into the mountains in the meantime. untraceably. maybe find my friend and be retired adventurers living in the wilderness. wild encounters ahoy.

maybe move around from time to time, freshen things up, rotate mountains.