Recommendations No plot armor novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by NoNamejustGhost, Dec 19, 2019.

1. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for novels where there is little plot armor.
    Plot Armor is pulgin which help Mc or make Mc.
    Like when Mc learn piano skill or he can learn piano skill from system and he has points side character or enimes will against in that area.
    Or Mc know medical knowledge he will meet old grandpa who is verge of death and high ranking too.

So looking for novels where there is no this or little this
    examples
    Against the Gods (you will think there is a lot of plot armor in this because Mc goes on walk and meet jasmine but no it was because of his wife everything happens because of his wife not plot armor it will be told in later chapters.
    If he was not married to most beautiful girl in city he will be never poised and story start. Spoilers :- a life where there is no his wife he will live normal life it will reveal in later chapters )

Science library or technology library he got system and start his journey meet girlson road or alley /harem? No! one wife no harem.
    Family missing Nope
    Girl has mystery identity nope
    She got attack nope he got attacked.
    Little plot armor.
    Emporer domantion
    Well he got in other people's way not other way around.
    Everything happens according to his plans he make other people angry so that they attack him .
    So no plot armor needed

2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    You kidding me?

ATG as an example of little plot armor novel?

I'm literally ROFLing right now :blobjoy::blobjoy:

IAmEvil, Jasonyt and Wujigege like this.
  3. NobleQ

NobleQ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are confusing Plot Armour (surviving against all [stupid] odds) and Dues Ex Machina (where things just happen to progress story without any good reason).

Nanolyte, Jasonyt, Wujigege and 4 others like this.
  4. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't want plot armour, just write your own novel. People can't write (or it's extremely hard to) interesting stories about literally killing gods and dominating countries without random twists of luck.

Or better yet, just go outside and leave our solitary pitch-black NUF basement. :blobpeek::blobnobully:

Wujigege likes this.
  5. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IAmEvil and Wujigege like this.
  6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ This
    Haven't read ATG for so long now that I forgot most of it, and even after I dropped ED there is still that "I'm Li Qiye" quote that I remember. That, my friend, is the Definition of Plot Armor, in that novel.
    Your examples are also for Deus Ex Machina, not Plot Armor.

7. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    Well read last chapters you will know if it or not I already said that.
    I give proof where is your?

8. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean both.

9. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    I am already doing that because I don't like most storyline expect some orginal too

10. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    Well everyone start to cristize when I don't insert just two words Ex Machina if you understand give me some novels

11. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Plot Armor: MC of Battle Through the Heavens desides to kill a peon of a sect for revenge. In front of thousands of them and their sect leader, when he hasn't shown any power level remotely capable of taking them on up until that time. No plan, just a bucketful of rage and attitude. And he manages to kill the peon, beat their sect leader that's two cultivation realms above him, and escape everyone while weakened. Nothing was setup to make that outcome remotely logical. Pure plot armor. And I hate that term. I haven't been able to enjoy that story since.

Dues Ex Machina: MC of Martial God Asura doing anything. Need a tech? Get a Tech. Run out of regular ways to power up? Bump into a new thing to swallow to power up. MC gone on a rampage now in danger from a strong foe? Don't worry! Some random even stronger happens to see him at the right time and picks him up to save him. A lot of getting the right thing when you need it.Over and Over and Over again. Or bumping into (slightly) stronger enemies right when you just killed all the old ones. Have to keep the story going somehow. I dropped that story around chapter 400-500.

I'm not completely against either of those things. In moderation. But I need more planning from my MC when they take on a strong foe. And more chapters in between getting an item and it become useful then about two to five. I Shall Seal the Heavens pops to mind. The MC spent the early part of the story running away from people stronger than him. People FAR more powerful than him were around him since the beginning of the story, and it took him more than thirty chapters to be able to face them. Sometimes hundreds. And he'd study things off and on for hundreds of chapters, before he made a breakthrough and it became useful. Or he'll subvert something old to make it something new, instead of discovering some random tech somewhere that gives him a powerup.

Every story has a little of both those things. But a little goes a long way. So I'd recommend: ISSTH, Renegade Immortal, Doulou Dalu, Martial World, Perfect World, Second Life Ranker, and Galactic Dark Net.

12. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    READED all of them wait for new chapters

13. Sinaps

Sinaps Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  15. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Nanolyte

Nanolyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most stories can't even progress without plot armor....of the bat I can of my think of Worm but even it has plot armor so ya