Discussion do you believe in the paranormal, supernatural, etc?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tofu Cat, Dec 19, 2019.

?

Do you believe in the paranormal, supernatural etc~

1. No, I only believe in humans

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. No, I only believe in what my eyes see

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Not yet, I’m waiting for physical proof

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. Yes, I believe in the paranormal etc etc

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  5. Yes, but I only believe in —religion—

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    No need, just looked at the photo i scared already, what if i need to do some make up and need to stare at the mirror for along time :blobscream:

jimmy1989 likes this.
  2. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to fast forward the movie and watched it during the day lmao

3. mizzu321

mizzu321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's why I think mythical animal is just some unusual animal (that mutated or different from other) that people see but they spice up the story a little bit.

jimmy1989 likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    supernatural sure this cat believe
    ufo yeah neutral stance
    mythical creature hmm not care this cat more intrested on how such thing pop up~ mainly cuz this cat interest toward history~ sometime when you learn history you will bump into culture

this cat is logical cat~ when weird thing happen this cat always try to reason it from science pov first when science can't explain this cat simple take another perspective
    science still young from renaince to this day less than thousand years while universe age on billions
    when people who claim logical and hmmm think science as god or something looking down other who believe on supernatural, paranormal or ufo thing this cat find it very amusing
    we create science to understand what happen around us with our limited perception and limited mind hence imo it is bound there limit how much thing can be explained~ sure we can surpass limit yet when such thing done another limit may pop up
    being logical is good but being overly logical is also funny
    seeing is believing sure but this cat also believe on intuition cuz intuition is another thing which help this cat survive
    ah tea.png

mir likes this.
  5. Junweizhu

Junweizhu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oftentimes your senses try to fill in blanks when you see or hear things that makes no sense, creating something that sounds supernatural, but isn't.
    Like a combination of objects and shadows that gives the impression that there is someone when you look at it from afar or in the dark when there is nobody there when up close.

Did you know that if you cut a table tennis ball in half and put it on both your eyes with your eyes open, you'll start to see things that don't exist after a while? As if you're seeing visions.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes not only sense but it also possible for our brain specifically memory to create false thing
    when someone experience something which too heavy to process our brain can make false memory aka altering it so brain can process it~ such thing can happen on trauma thing
    related to memory there also Mandela Syndrome, hmmm a situation where people (sometime wuite big group) mistake history date, chronology, event or mix of them~ it given such name cuz sensational death of Nelson Mandela~ such syndrome quite common but before Mandela death it have no proper name
    hmm there also physiological factor that may affect our sense~ usually when human on high pressure stress, isolation, foreign place or something like that
    @lychee may better knowledge about it
    weird story do pop up whenever there huge war on past~ some can explained by science~ while other.... given there so many report it kinda sad authority simply dismiss it

not about conspiracy thing but this cat think by pure sake if research it is a pity

mir likes this.
  7. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I only believe what my eyes see atm.

Though I really do hope so.

I want to be a Mage and become Archmage by the time I am 30.

8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I believe. I see tiny slices of the future, which is technically paranormal (even though it's useless).

So I'll see a small slice of time a long while before it happens (weeks or more) but it's not like in movies where it's like *bam* suddenly watching a video of the future. It's more like when someone brings up a story that happened awhile ago and you're just like "oh yeah, I kinda remember that happening", and vaguely remember it. But you usually won't remember it fully until something triggers the memory, so like, when it actually starts to happen :blobsweat_2: so it's useless.
    --------
    You can also just use your hands. It was a game I played as a kid to pass time waiting in the car. I think it isn't good for the eyes though.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  9. z.no

z.no Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some superstitions I believe in, even though I do not want to.

Like, I believe that if I think something is gonna go good, it will go bad. Or the opposite, if I believe in something going bad, it will go good.

That’s why I’m half optimist half pessimistic (y)

mir likes this.
  10. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a religious person, i believe in supernatural beings which are mention in my religion

As much as i doubt other supernatural beings, some of them are really man-made, either it is to scare children or just lack of knowledge and science at that time

11. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean Life? Hahahahahahaha....sorry
    I also believe that...i think this is how life fuck us all

According to some religious stuff, it's cause life on earth is not really your destination, that why it sucks...(the real destination is heaven or hell, you get me rite?)