[Poll] You are in a magical pet store

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by yuzuki, Dec 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

How intelligent of a pet would you get from the magical pet store?

1. I would get a genius pet that is 1000x more intelligent than me

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. I would get a pet that is much smarter than me

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. I would get a pet that is slightly smarter than me

13 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I would get a pet that is equally as intelligent as me

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. I would get a pet that is slightly less intelligent than me

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. I would get a pet that is much less intelligent than me

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I would get a pet that is unable to understand the human language

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I would get a pet that is unable to communicate with humans

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. I would get a pet that is basically dumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I would get a pet that can’t learn anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I would get a pet as intelligent as a fish or a jellyfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I would get a pet as intelligent as a rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I wouldn’t get a pet

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. I’m unsure

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  15. I do not wish to respond

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Very short poll!

You are in a magical pet store, and they have all kinds of pets available for sale. In fact, it is the largest pet store in the universe and you could wander around forever looking at all the fantastic creatures and species and animals. Everything is in stock, anything is allowed, and if you have specific requirements they can even synthesize a pet according to your specifications.

A rich Magical Girl nee-san is paying the bill, so you don’t have the worry about the price. You can get anything you want.

It would probably be a good idea to get something that can actually fit in your house, or something that you can feed safely — otherwise it would be a shame if you had to give up a pet.

1. What kind of pet would you get? Why?

2. What kind of qualities do you like in pets? Is there a reason you would want a pet (e.g. companionship?)

3. Suppose you purchase a pet, and almost immediately the pet talks (yes, it’s an intelligent fantasy talking pet) and says it doesn’t want to be purchased by you. What do you do?

4. Suppose your fantasy talking pet tells you it resents being locked up inside, and it would rather be outdoors. Your pet tells you it wants to do some stuff, like fly to Antarctica to hang out with its old friends and uh... maybe only come back once a year because your neighborhood/house is boring ;D Would you agree to this?

5. If certain fantasy pets are equally as intelligent as humans, would you be comfortable keeping them as pets? Or is that the same thing as slavery?

Whoops I forgot to post with @lychee

Wrong account! :blobxd:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2019
  2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lolololololol!!!!

See this is what happens when you have many clones haha~

3. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering what was up. Wasnt expecting to see the Queen posting a poll

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    BigBadBoi and lychee like this.
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    An El- no wait that would be compromising to say. I'd probably get... a mimic.

2. What kind of qualities do you like in pets? Is there a reason you would want a pet (e.g. companionship?)
    Fluffy, cute, and cute. Honestly, I can't think of anything better than the current fluff ball I own, Colonel. (A cat)

3. Suppose you purchase a pet, and almost immediately the pet talks (yes, it’s an intelligent fantasy talking pet) and says it doesn’t want to be purchased by you. What do you do?
    Congratulations pet, I won't purchase you. The magical girl already did.

4. Suppose your fantasy talking pet tells you it resents being locked up inside, and it would rather be outdoors. Your pet tells you wants to do some stuff, like fly to Antarctica to hang out with its old friends and uh... maybe only come back once a year because your neighborhood/house is boring ;D Would you agree to this?
    Sure, I already have a cat.

5. If certain fantasy pets are equally as intelligent as humans, would you be comfortable keeping them as pets? Or is that the same thing as slavery?
    Yeah, that's slavery. I wouldn't bother with it.

Kansuou and lychee like this.
  5. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    *points to avi* ( ^ω^ )

6. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I would get the Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep. So cute and cuddly and eldritch horrorey

SpearOfLies likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, a parrot that can change size at will to be a mount and can fly fast maybe :blobunsure:

I like pets that can be fun I guess :hmm:

Return it to the store or give it to the magical girl, if it doesn't want to be bought by me then so be it :hmm:
    4. Suppose your fantasy talking pet tells you it resents being locked up inside, and it would rather be outdoors. Your pet tells you it wants to do some stuff, like fly to Antarctica to hang out with its old friends and uh... maybe only come back once a year because your neighborhood/house is boring ;D Would you agree to this?

I will see if I can return it to the pet store or give it to the magical girl, I want a fun pet not a nagging lover :blobpeek::blobrofl:

Well, I am not the one who bought it so, technically it is not mine, this question should be answered by that magical girl :blobtongue:

8. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) A dragon, for various reasons, but the main reason is why not. Otherwise a few that I won't say because I don't want to be judged.
    2) Intelligence and friendliness. Companionship and fun.
    3) Wouldn't happen. When I choose a pet I am very picky and ask numerous questions to staff before making a choice. I would have known that it had the ability to talk and asked if they were willing to come with me or not before purchase. If they said they didn't want me to buy them when I asked I would move on.
    4) Not for long periods of time, but for shorter lengths, sure why not. I may even ask to go with them.
    5) It would depends on if they are forced into it or not. If they are forced I would call it slavery, otherwise they may have a reason to put themselves up for sale. I would also have to add that if they are given an option of whether they want to be sold to a specific person would also add to this opinion.

9. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    *patpat*
    I want @lychee as pet!

Westeller likes this.
  10. Lang10

Lang10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Gardevoir, A Renamon, a Dragon, Etc. Being lonely is a sad thing.

Yes, companionship ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Why are you even here?" I asked and go to ask more questions.

4. Suppose your fantasy talking pet tells you it resents being locked up inside, and it would rather be outdoors. Your pet tells you it wants to do some stuff, like flying to Antarctica to hang out with its old friends and uh... maybe only come back once a year because your neighborhood/house is boring ;D Would you agree to this?
    As long I'm not paying for food and I didn't find some other pet willing to join, sure, why the fuck not?

If they are as intelligent as humans, their choice.

11. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Because allergies.

12. Goki-chan

Goki-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But... they’re magical? What about the magical hypo-allergenic dogs or cat-girls? Or maybe a sentient rock pet? Have you ever been interested in a candlestick Butler that sings in his thick fake French accent?

kkgoh likes this.
  13. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. First of all the appearence must be a bunny! Pink & white colored little bunny! And it will be super smart and knows magic and technology. It creates magitech inventions with my help and we go on amazing adventures with what ever we make!

2. I like animals but I have no confidence in taking care of them so a pet needs to be smarter than me. My fav animals since childhood has always been bunnies since one of the kids in the area had 3 white bunnies and you can just imagine the 3-4 year old me in the middle of all that floof.

3. I guess I will return it since I'm not gonna force it to be with me. Who whats to be forced to be with a person they don't like?

4. I would obviously follow my pet. The whole idea was to go on an adventure with my awsome smart pink&white bunny! It should be smart enough to figure out the finance problem.

5. My pet would be smarter than me and in the end I propably would be the pet. If the pet is forced to act against it's will then it is basically slavery. I'm the kind of guy who acts like the pet is part of the family. The pet would be just below mom and dad and the siblings come last in the importance order.

wolf.prince likes this.
  14. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im actually quite sure that if the pet is waaaaay more intelligent than you i BET that the pet title will be on you instead LOL... the pet would somehow become the boss...
    And if the pet is so smart how the hell he ended up in a pet shop LOL

wolf.prince likes this.
  15. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I'm going to pretend I wouldn't use this opportunity to get a pet that would let me become the supreme leader of the universe and achieve anything I want on a whim, but just for the sake of having a cool pet :blobwhistle:

I would get a small humanoid pet that somehow looks cool and cute at the same time :blobcat_knife: It is agile and fairly intelligent (similar to like an octopus with the "social skills" a bit better than a dog) with a cool purple magic power that I don't really care so much about the actual effects :blobcat_hyper: Also it should probably be unconditionally loyal to me, so it doesn't end up killing me in my sleep or escaping.

Basically like a cool pokemon that hasn't had it's first evolution yet :pikablob:

2) I like pets who like lots of pats, and who feel nice to pat :bloboh: Pets who get excited to see you (or cats who pay attention to you at all) are always nice, they somehow always improve my mood whenever I see them blobmelt_thumbs

It's also lots of fun to teach pets tricks, so a pet being somewhat intelligent and subservient is also good :blobdog:

3) I ask it why. If it is adamant I don't buy it then I won't, but if I find out the reason why and convince it otherwise then that is good too.

4) If my pet is intelligent enough to ask for and do such a thing on it's own then I don't think I really have the right to not let it, there's not really much difference between that and slavery at that point :blobawkward:

5) I should really read all the questions before I answer these :facepalm:

Like I said in question 4, I think this would basically be slavery. The way I grant someone moral consideration is by their capacity to reciprocate moral standards themselves :blobnom:

16. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. A small one. Think cat or puppy sized, at the largest.
    2. Independence would be nice.
    3. Get a different pet.
    4. Sure.
    5. If slaves were required to do no work, got free room and board, could pester and make demands of their owners all they want, feared no real punishment for crimes others would be murdered over, and, apparently, could ditch their owners for most of the year to go hang out with friends in Antarctica, then... Sure, it's slavery, totally abhorrent, and please sign me up.

My first thought was that @lychee had changed names.

17. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Something small and don't eat too much food.. and because it magical lest find one that don't eat or can change it's size freely...why, sometimes I too busy and forget refill food bowl but good thing I made DIY food dispenser.

Probably because I lonely, I trying teach my parrot play a game but it's don't succeed... But good thing she can repeat my word...

"No problem, Shopkeepers did you have another ? This one don't like me"

Well my parrot have GPS trackers and it's already 7 times kidnapped, but if not she always return in 3pm each time or just stay in house gofing around.
    Well that's interesting question, but if they raised in shop probably it's called adoption and if they really smart they probably hate Shopkeepers or buyers if its was slavery.

18. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the legal definition of 'pet' limitations.
    I guess it would be mostly for companionship, unless it's smart enough to make my life a lot easier
    Depends on why it doesn't want to be owned by me.
    Does it want to return to the store?
    Does it just not like me ?
    Does it prefer female owners?
    Does it abhor the 'slavery' it's put in ?
    As long as it can provide valid enough motivation, reasons for doing it and compensation to me, maybe, but not really to once a year, unless it's extremely good compensation, or it would make a horrible mess if it stays.
    Are we talking the equivalent of housecats being able to hold conversations, or the equivalent of being able to walk upright, dress in a formal suit (because it realizes the fur is nakedness), have spectacles and teach advanced microphysics in a top univeristy or anything inbetween?

19. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen magical dust bunnies. Vicious little things.
    [​IMG]

Goki-chan likes this.
  20. Maegoll

Maegoll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want Mo xie plz

pass1478 and chencking like this.