So Witcher just came out. What’s everyone thoughts?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Cutter Masterson, Dec 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Netflix Witcher~

I’m conflicted. I wanted to rave about the show, but I haven’t come across “IT”. The “IT” I was looking forward to. Was a defining moment. A moment that makes you want to binge watch the whole season in one sitting.
    Alas. Not really. Don’t get me wrong it’s good. The filming, actors and just about everything was actually perfect. The problem is I wasn’t captivated enough to watch pass episode 3. I actually stop and went to go read a book.
    Maybe it’s just me and my expectations we’re a little to high. I don’t know. I’ll probably will give it another go, but I have my doubts.

What do you guys think?

baka8roukanako, cap.toon, imK and 8 others like this.
  2. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's going to be a long series that will be based more on the books. This is also the introduction that is kind of left more vague in both the source and the games.

Perhaps your expectations are a tad too high going in? Could step back and try again later.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Its okay,

imK and Cutter Masterson like this.
  4. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Henry Cavill is unbelievably hot and will appear naked. I'll watch just for that.
    Jokes aside, you have to remember this is based on the books, not the games. You gotta give the plot more time to pick up speed.

BoredNovelFinder, imK, Shio and 4 others like this.
  5. Colonel Rogers

Colonel Rogers Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first season felt like an intro or prologue. The part where I most wanted to see what happened next was the end of the last episode.

6. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    blue checkmark churnalists both bitch and beta cucks r whining bout witcher.....so it must be good....i think someone mentioned IMDB is 9.5 or something.....

Cutter Masterson and natsume142 like this.
  7. xchronicles

xchronicles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better than I expected

8. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Obligatory Witcher meme
    [​IMG]

baka8roukanako, kenar, imK and 3 others like this.
  9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not planning to watch the netflix bs. They always ruin the shows in later episodes. Maybe some time in a distant future, who knows

imK, Cutter Masterson and Wowafay like this.
  10. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    the ending will give me nightmare for days to come
    Imagine, meeting a new girl and the first things she says is "who is [last girlfriend name]"

11. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished ep.4

I am impressed in all honesty. It is quite story driven as opposed to exclusively fantasy action. And i like shows for their story more than spectacle so a bit of a slow roll so far is no problem for me.

12. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I guest my expectations was a little to high. I’ll check it out again during Christmas break. Thanks for all your thoughts.

imK likes this.
  13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend complained there wasn't enough male nudity, again. Mostly female nudity lol. And she was confused by the plot since she's not familiar with the source. I don't intend to watch it anyway, though I might stare at some gifs and photos eventually.

14. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

15. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Half and half. Watched the first episode and there were interesting parts. But mostly I was bored if I’m being completely honest~

16. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised at the high ratings it's been getting. It was a fairly pleasant watch, but there was no tension...
    Granted, I've read the books so there were no surprises, but that was years before. Besides, I've read LOTR and Hobbit before seeing the movies and yet there was no lack of tension in these.

I didn't really like the two timelines running simultaneously. I'd rather prefer a more chronological order or at least I'd hold off with introducing Ciri for a few episodes and dedicate one to her perhaps.
    I found the short flashbacks in ep7 quite pointless - I mean, I just watched these eps, I know what Yen was referreing to. Also, the long flashbacks
    meant to synchronize POVs
    should be way shorter, perhaps even Yen flashback short. Repeating these scenes felt annoying to me.

17. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the books around...'99 and I thought they were good at the time, but not particularly mesmerizing. I was more of a fan of trope-daddy Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time series back then.

I binged the whole series on release. I enjoyed it. The overall quality is good, it's faithful to the source material and maybe the next season will be decent too.

I'm sorry you didn't like it OP but there's nothing wrong with that! Having high expectations is a good thing and even though it wasn't to your taste at least you were gracious enough to give it a go. Maybe you'll like it later on or you'll find another show to get excited about.

18. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Now your talking. The Wheel Of Time series is right up there with the Honor Harrington series.
    But getting back to what you we’re saying. Thanks for the encouragement. Like I said it is a good show. I think I was a little to eager for the show. I just need to calm down and see it through unfiltered eyes.
    I’ll give it another shot later this week.
    Thanks again.

imK likes this.
  19. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah honestly I had low expectations cos I'm jaded so while I wasn't expecting to love it, it turned out to be better than I imagined. Did it blow my mind? No. But I thought it was solid and given the low-quality poop tv constantly throws at us I thought it was a nice change.

Also mildly surprised @ Henry Cavill. Didn't care about him either way til they put him in that wig and those contacts. PS: Nervously excited for The Wheel of Time series. Crossing my fingers they don't mess it up!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  20. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Might actually watch since a lot of you pips seems to like it, I lost hope when I watched the Netflix version of Death Note.