Spoiler My Chief Husband, Too Mensao!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Aug 14, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what actually is going on with Bai Ye? Did he know his sin? Adopted or not, they r uncle and niece.

2. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The people that hated MC and her brother can be split into two groups. The first smaller group were the true mastermind/antagonists (Xue Xue, her mother, and several others aligned with them) who deeply hated MC for various reasons. Mostly for MC's mother inheritance, jealously, and influence related sake.

The second bigger group were the rest of the family (except for grandpa) who looked down on MC, mainly because the first group keeps spreading lies/ negative remark about MC. It didn't help that MC was a submissive person before the rebirth. However, after the public appearance of Gong Jue in the banquet and MC exposing the antagonists' shennigans, the reversal happened. Now the second group looked at MC much more favorable, and they looked down on Xue Xue instead.

His motive has not been revealed yet, so it's uncertain what's really going on with Bai Ye.
    Bai Ye also indirectly helped MC in few occasions. He informed Gong Jue when MC was detained by the empire president (Gong Jue's elder brother), and he didn't side with the rest of the white household against MC. So it's questionable whether he's a villain or not.

3. Drantiene

Drantiene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the latest chapter, it seems that MC is not the biological daughter of Gu father. (Which I believe is true knowing the way her father treated her)

MC got nightmares where she dreamed about Gu Meifeng and Gu Xue Xue ruining her life and Gu father telling her that she is a wild species.

MC wants to tell ML her dark secret before confessing her love for ML.

First, she gave her egg cells to an unknown man 4 years ago. She was forced by Gu Meifeng using her brother as an excuse.

Second, she was raped by an unknown man in the operating room.

ML doesnt want to hear it because he is afraid that MC will reject him. However, MC really wants to tell him. Thus, ML secretly investigated MCs past.

ML learned that MC was forced to give her egg cells to an unknown man. Thus, he wants to find that man and kill him.

4. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whats with that Bai lang/liang?, the ML's best friend?? would he have hots for the MC? I don't really understand the intentions of the Bai family towards the MC. Could it be just that they wanted to eliminate her because Bai MoLi(?) likes the ML or was it because she took so much money from them because of the bet Bai lang(?) ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  5. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bai Liang is more of a comedy villain than a real antagonist. He believes that MC is a manipulative woman who seduced ML for his money/ power. He carried out small schemes in exposing MC's true nature, so that ML would give up on pursuing MC. It also doesn't help that MC viciously defrauded Bai Liang (Bai family runs a Chinese medicine monopoly) because MC initially thought Bai liang was the perpetrator for sexually abusing Xiao Ning. However, once MC realized her mistake, their hostile relation improved slightly (Though Bai Liang still doesn't fully approve MC and ML relationship)

At one point of the story, MC adopted a male disguise whenever she visited a stone gambling establishment, mainly because her face slapping and achievements are drawing too much unwanted attention. However, her male person actually drew even more attention (her male disguise in combination with cheats make female and male gender falls for "him".) Bai Liang is among them, who attempts to romantically pursuit MC's male persona...

As for the Bai family, there's specifically two people that deeply hated/ resented MC.
    First one is Bai Ying Su (first introduced in the university arc) who's basically a spoiled princess personality who resented MC for stealing her status / popularity in the campus. She's allied with Xue Xue (enemy of my enemy is my friend) against MC in several petty schemes, including the luxury banquet scam (which was later foiled by MC)

The second one is Bai Mo Li , the female doctor that was extremely obsessive with ML, who deeply hated MC for obvious reason. Unlike the other trashy antagonists, she's probably the most dangerous one of all. She would do anything literally to remove MC from the picture. She figured out that MC has an unique blood characteristic, who proceed to frame / falsify evidences that MC is an enemy spy going after the empire president (Gong Jue's brother). She leaked out photo evidences of ML and MC relationship to the media, as well as sell out information that ML actually has the son (Little Dumpling) to the enemy nation.

Bai Liang wasn't involve in any of the serious schemes against MC, mainly because ML kept conveniently exiling him to Africa for his silly shenanigans lol.
    Bai Ye was essentially the wild card. He couldn't care less about anyone else other than his "plaything" Xiao Ning. But he indirectly helped MC and contributed to Bai Mo Li's downfall.

6. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! ~~ :aww:
    I still have a few more questions , I hope you can help me with pls
    :notworthy::notworthy:
    • Why do GMF and GXX hell bent on making the MC suffer? I get the jealousy thing and fight for inheritance.... but, they are too much, does it have to do with MC's mother? Is the dad still alive?
    • I don't get identity of GXX, is she a product of incest? or is it that GMF is adopted? If thats the case why are they so arrogant, GXX's father wasn't mentioned, it could be said she was born out of wedlock as she was carrying her mother's surname, they are not qualified on criticizing the MC??
    • I really hate the MC's grandma!! What's her deal anyway? was it because MC is not her father's child (as I have read here)?
    • What is the reason for the MC's family (father/GMF)to force the MC to give her eggs to an uknown man?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Ceilo27 likes this.
  7. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just thinking ~
    About the eggs thing, if it goes to the usual formula of CN novels, the man with the eggs would be the ML and the result of the eggs would the little dumpling.... How happy would the ML be if that's the case. Hahaha

8. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *takes a deep breath*
    Let me try to answer all of them in one fell swoop, since they are all related one way or the other

- Xue Xue is biological daughter of Mei Feng. Mei Feng divorced with her original husband (unknown, but he was considered failure in status/ wealth for her), then married to Gu Qiu Shan (The biological father of MC and Little Bei). Xue Xue and Mehi Feng adopted the Gu family surname, and they are step sister/ step mother to MC. All this are supposed to happened after MC's biological mother passed away

-It was later revealed that Mei Feng was originally old lover with Gu Qiu Shan, long before Gu Qiu Shan married MC's mother. In the sense, there was no true love between MC mother and Gu Qiu Shan, it was a marriage for power. It is claimed that Xue Xue is actually Gu Qiu Shan's biological father, which is why MC's father treated Xue Xue more favorable, and MC treated terribly in comparison.

-MC's grandma hated MC because she closely resembled to MC's mother in altitude. MC's mother didn't comply or cooperate with the power grabbing/ power expansion plan. For instance, when grandma asks MC mother to bear more children with Gu Qiu Shan, she just said "because I don't want to". Now that MC no longer acting submissive, it triggered her even further.

-Despite all the elaborate history with Gu family, MC's mother background hardly get mentioned at all. I won't be surprise if there will be a plot twist in that later story.

-MC was comply to sell her egg by the family 4 years ago, under the false presumption that hospital / Little Bei's treatment is under financial trouble. The egg was sold to the black market to an unknown buyer.

Gong Jue was afraid that MC would reject him, because marriage acceptance would mean she would become the step mother of Little Dumpling. He revealed to MC that Little Dumpling does not have a birth mother, he was in fact a test tube child. Gong Jue was critically injured in a combat mission, he was not expected to survive. The Jue family was distressed that he would not leave any successors behind, so Gong Jue's brother (empire's president) bought an egg from black market, used the ML's preserved sperm along with advance genetic/ enhancing technique to create Little Dumpling.

Little Dumpling = biological mother of Qi Qi has not been confirmed in the story yet, but there are a lot of other hints that speculate it.

9. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, I thought that GMF was GQS's sister because there was a spoiler where it was said that GMF sleeps with her family. Thank you so much ~~
    I still have more, please indulge me ~
    • Who was that other guy GMF slept with who also helping her set GQQ up? What is his relationship with the Gu Family?
    • That president guy who was helping the MC, is he the 2nd ML? or is he the ML's brother (please no)?
    • What actually happened with Bai Mo Li that lead her to her downfall (according to the spoilers)?
    I'm sorry for all the questions, I stopped reading the raws at chapter 90-ish, I'm just waiting for the spoilers. Thanks

10. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a feeling this was the case before I knew about the eggs. Typically CNs like the whole one true pair idea. Definitely getting Hidden Marriage vibes haha

11. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I presume the person that posted the spoiler read the raw via MTL and took the phrases literally, because Gu Mei Feng (and some other characters as well) addressed certain individuals (even Gu Qiu Shan) as brother, but not in a sibling context. It's kinda like how female would address older individual with "oppa" in Korean Web novel.

-That other guy is Gu En Long. He's Grandpa's nephew, which technically makes him MC's uncle. He's a high ranking official in the educational board, and a behind the scene antagonist with strong influence in Gu family. When Gu Mei Feng discovered that MC's university admission had been changed, she asked Gu En Long to resolve it. He did so by falsifying cheating evidence on MC's exam paper, thus MC received a failing grade for her admission exam.

- Chu Jun Mo (the company president) is not ML's brother. He does have feeling for MC (MC fixed his heart, in a literal sense :blobmelt:), which technically makes him 2nd ML by definition, but he hasn't been very successful thus far. (Gong Jue is too dam formidable) The author actually trolled the readers on this aspect. He initially claimed there would be another character contesting for MC, and the story event hinted that 2nd ML would be Gong Jue's brother (the empire president), but ultimately...
    It's Little Dumpling, after he realized that MC is the big sister that he had been searching for. (Who said motherly love doesn't count...according to the author). Gong Jue is extremely annoyed/ jealous by this development, because he did not expect his son to turn against him :blobxd:

-As for Bai Mo Li's downfall, I think I will need to summarize all the context and chain events. This event pretty occurred in 2.5 arc worth of chapters...

* A heartwarming street food moment between MC and ML was ruined by an assault team from an enemy nation (Nation S, that's what author named it...), they are sent to assassinate ML in retaliation for their recent army defeat.

* MC and ML wiped out the assault team. During the fight, one of the enemy soldiers was killed by contacting with MC's blood. (It was revealed at this point that MC has a special blood type with poison property, but the causes/ origin of that have not been revealed)

* Nation S recovered that soldier's body, and discovered that special blood had the potential to create deadly poison weapon. However, they are unsure the identity of the special blood carrier. All they know is that it is a woman close to ML.

* Nation S sent two spies to infiltrate the university in order to find and kidnap the special blood carrier.

* ML's counter intelligence discovered Nation S's intent and MC's special blood property. ML decided to protect MC by acting closer to Bai Mo Li. In hopes that he could fool the two spies in thinking Bai Mo Li is the special blood carrier instead of MC. As long as Bai Mo Li is under their surveillance and protected by Bai family bodyguards, ML thinks they should be able to capture the two spies without escalating the matter.

* Unfortunately, Bai Ye was angered when his plaything Xiao Ning was threaten to be disciplined by Bai Mo Li and Bai Ying Su (for her association with MC, after MC foiled their luxury scam banquet). So he deliberately ordered the bodyguards protecting Bai Mo Li to withdraw. This compromised the ML's original plan, and Bai Mo Li was captured by the two spies. ML sent his force to encircle the two spies + Bai Mo Li.

-Bai Mo Li connected all the dots, realized that Nation S was after MC's blood, and shocked that she was being used as a shield by ML for MC sake. She told the two spies the identity of the blood carriers, and helped one of the spies escape the encirclement, so that he can capture MC.

-After series of standoff and a dramatic rescue, MC was rescued by ML, but Bai Mo Li resented the fact that ML wasn't the one who rescued her.

TLDR: If Bai Ye didn't withdraw the bodyguard for Bai Mo Li, then she wouldn't have contact with the spies with Nation S, nor figure out MC's special blood property. Following this event, Bai Mo Li become even more insane. She would later hatch an elaborate plan to frame MC as an assassin with her blood as evidence. She would also sell out information to Nation S that ML has a son. This would gravely threaten MC and Little Dumpling.

12. Drantiene

Drantiene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think MC's mother is still alive since she saw her mother at the Bai's house. She inquired with the servant re females in the Bai household but there is no info. about her mother. Thus, she asked ML's help to find her mom.

Kinda hoping and believing that MC's biological father is the uncle of N Country's Prince since MC feels naturally intimate with him and uncle saw the resemblance of his love (Rose, don't know the chinese name) to MC.

13. Lariterus

Lariterus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the summaries :blobpopcorn_cool::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobok:
    Goddamnit, the last thing author could troll me with is the cultivation trend in this story:facepalm: well how do i say this, it is not a cheap soap opera but i got this dejavu feeling with every plot except for the egg selling plot, frankly this is quiet dissappointing and the only hope is sweet family interaction i guess?

michoux likes this.
  14. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The selling point of this series for me will no doubt be the character interaction. The dialogues and monologues between MC and ML are absolutely delicious/ haliorous :blobrofl:. Character interaction between Little Dumpling, Gong Jue's father, Adjutant, and some of the classmates are just as funny too.

Other than that, the other aspect of the story are neither good or bad. The chapters count might be high, but they are very short in comparison. It might seem slow but I never feel like i am reading filters (with the exception of a particular arc)

15. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMO! Thank you so much :aww::blobsmilehappyeyes:
    waah! GMF cockblocked her husband with his relative. Ha! Well we all know that they would end well. Hahaha

Little dumpling so cute :blobxd: ML is so pitiful 'coz I'm pretty sure that MC would prefer the kid than him. hahaha

BY just complicates things, ayayay.. tsk3
    why can't he just try Xiao Ning well? like really, he's making the girl confused. tsk

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    therandomcookie likes this.
  16. bulgingeyes

bulgingeyes Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Iesheta

Iesheta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So do you remember how FL treats ML's allergy in the beginning when they are returning from the banquet where GXX touched him.

18. Aletx

Aletx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's in the latest chapter release, Bai Lang was the one that treated ML... Whether FL used the special treatment, she's probably too embarrassed to do it .. or is she ?:blobcheeky:

19. sky_002

sky_002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil MC's relationship with the Little Dumpling(ML's son) such as their meeting and interactions?:blobpeek::blobpeek::aww::aww:

Ceilo27 likes this.
  20. ReadsNovelsAllDay

ReadsNovelsAllDay Tide Caller

Reading List:
    Link