[Poll] If you were Santa Claus...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

What percentage of the entire world would you give gifts to?

1. 100% - I would give gifts to everyone in the entire world

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. 99.9% or greater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 99%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. 95%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 90%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. 80%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. 75%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 66%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 50%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. 33%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. 20%

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  12. 10%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 5%

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. 1%

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  15. 0.1% or less

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  16. 0% - I wouldn't give gifts to anybody

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  17. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  18. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobgift::blobgift::blobgift:

You are Santa Claus (or any magical gift-giving entity), which means that once a year you can climb down people's chimney's and give them gifts.

You can give anyone a gift and you can give them anything.

You can freeze time one day every year to accomplish everything that you need to to do. You cannot do things unrelated to gift-giving (e.g. random trip to the arcade), because you will lose your powers if you drift away from your divine purpose.

You cannot read anyone's mind so you have no idea what people want. You only have a bunch of letters or notes that kids wrote "To Santa Claus" earlier in the year.

You are invisible and people cannot see, touch, or hear you.

What would you do?

1. How much of the world would you give gifts to?

2. What kind of gifts would you give people, if you didn't know them?

3. What is the approximate monetary value per person would you give?

4. What if you were told by an economist that giving $1 million USD per person to everyone would cause a crazy amount of inflation in the world, so you should avoid that. Does this make you reconsider your answer to question (3)?

5. You encounter a homeless person on the streets while doing your rounds. What kind of gift would you give them?

6. Would you ever enjoy this job?

imK, NamGi, Nancy2303 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't give gifts to anybody, it's not good to spoil people, especially children without having permission from their parents.

I would give them nothing.
    4. What if you were told by an economist that giving $1 million USD per person to everyone would cause a crazy amount of inflation in the world, so you should avoid that. Does this make you reconsider your answer to question (3)?
    No.
    5. You encounter a homeless person on the streets while doing your rounds. What kind of gift would you give them?
    Nothing.
    I would be neutral about it.

3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i would give 1 billion, let the world burn, down with the capilalist pigs, long live anarchy

4. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I gift my seed? Hentai taught me well.

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google says 26% of the world’s population is under the age of 15. Not sure why 15 is the cutoff used, but I’ll roll with that. So 26%.

Each kid gets one toy. $50 value, but only because toy prices are stupid high for absolute shit and it doesn’t cost anywhere near that much to make them. So it’s a lie. Your toy is worth like a dollar. Sorry!

I’m not giving people money, so not sure how inflation is a thing. Inflated ocean levels when we dump all these toys into them, right? Right?

Mnotia, Loni4ever and Diametric like this.
  6. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Only the kids
    2. I'll give money? If money is nor allowed, I'd probably give them clothes
    3. 100$?
    4. Ehh, so the items that i give is produced magically? I don't know, I don't think i would change the answer
    5. I don't know...
    6. I don't think i would... Too many people to give gifts to

7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    100%, I am a good person who doesn't discriminate.

Nuclear weapons!

Probably a few million?

I disagree with those economists, I am quite positive inflation is the LEAST likely scenario that will happen with my gifts. If anything, it'll be massive deflation.

Nuclear weapon? You get a nuke, you get a nuke, you all get a nuke!

Yes, especially the fireworks after. ho ho ho

8. starwarscards

starwarscards Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give away millions of dollars to everyone and crash the economy and go back to a barter system muhahahahaha :p

9. Camelia94

Camelia94 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I invisible all year round, or only when I'm giving present? If it's only when giving presents, then why does it matter? Nobody would be aware of my presence anyways if I've frozen time ^_^

But I probably wouldn't give any gifts, since it would be too much work giving presents to the entire population of earth or even just the tiniest fraction. The time it would take to procure and give just a 100.000 presents would most likely be painstakingly long, not to mention the effort it would take to give those 100.000 presents to just 0,001 % of earths population.
    The year between christmases would likely feel as if it's less than a 5 minute break between two grueling workdays ^_^

Loni4ever likes this.
  10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose:
    100% - I would give gifts to everyone in the entire world
    I have no problem giving gifts. It maybe coal, but it’s still a gift.

See above.

Actually Santa knows what you want. It’s part of his magic abilities, but if I didn’t know. Than I probably choose gender neutral gifts. Like ornaments, switch game system, phones and cars. Worst comes to worst they can always sell them.

No price. Just items for each age group. Ornaments for 1 to 5. Game system 5 to 10. Phones 10 to 15. Cars 15+.

No. No money. Only items.

Same as before.

Yes, bringing joy to the world is a worthwhile endeavor.

Snowbun and Loni4ever like this.
  11. akumetsu_F1

akumetsu_F1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar to what Elon Musk is trying to do with StarLink, I would give try to give people an advantage that they can use to their favour.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be an Internet connection, it could be access to knowledge such as books or the methodology to fend for themselves. For example, it could be something like a reader that only you can access without anyone else noticing (like a Bond 007 superglass thing).
    If they become as disposable and commonplace as any other tool, then it would be as trifling and inconsequential as a penny. So I would give at least a dozen for each person I give a gift to, along with the plans on how to produce the technology.

I would give this to any and all individuals likely capable of reading or understanding language.
    I guess that, in other than that respect I would prioritize giving such items to the poorer countries at first. They could also be fused to people's bodies, such as that they cannot be removed from the person wearing them without expensive surgery.
    This may be the trigger for a cultural revolution. Where anyone can access information without repercussions or being tracked by anyone else. Probably resulting in anarchy in some way.

Loni4ever likes this.
  12. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm i dont really have anything valuable so i have nothing to give to anyone.

13. FearFire

FearFire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unsure, obviously everyone who writes a letter at the very least. Will try to also give presents to the people who "need" it. Homeless, people alone on Christmas, children (I guess), et al.
    Adults get location appropriate clothes, unless obvious they don't want/need it. (The hypothetical single depressed Hawaiian millionaire gets a snowglobe not swim trunks) Children also get knick-knacks or novelty toys.
    Magically hand made clothes and novelties so doesn't matter.
    nah they can donate their clothes if they want any novelty toys are just yeah. I mean rip the textiles industry I guess?
    Snuggie.
    Sounds like it takes way too much time.

Loni4ever likes this.
  14. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Westeller Merry Christmas ~!! :blobsanta::blobsanta::blobsanta::blobsanta::blobsanta:
    Here some cookies ~!! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

I have nothing and I'm lazy so my answer is No

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2019
    Westeller likes this.
  15. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Everyone :blobsanta:

2) I would get them whatever they asked for on their list, as long as it's below £50 and not illegal.

If they ask for more than £50, they get a t-shirt that says "I was greedy and asked for too much so all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

If they ask for something illegal then they get a t-shirt that says "I asked for something I shouldn't have so all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

If they don't write a list then they get a t-shirt that says "I didn't ask Santa for anything so all I got was this lousy t-shirt" and £30 in their respective currency.

That should set up the ground rules for next year :blobsanta:

3) like I said, less than £50. I'm not going round trying to change the economy or anything like that, I'm just giving people a nice Christmas gift

4) nope

5) A t-shirt and £30 if they didn't write a list. Maybe they'll realise their mistake and ask for something next year:blobtriumph:

6) I think it could be fun

Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  16. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t want things you’ve had in your mouth! :blob_coughblood:

KizunaAi likes this.
  17. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    If I don't get physically or mentally tired doing so, I would gift everyone something :blobgift:blobmelt_thumbs. Even if it's like serial killers or sth... maybe it'd be like a cute stuffed toy for people like that XD basically sth that can't be of much use for them but would totally amuse me lololol

By "anything", do you mean I can gift them magical stuff too, like body strengthening pills? xD and if it's related to gift giving, I can do anything? Like snoop around their house, read diaries and log into their social media to find out what they might actually need or what they might want in case they didn't send me a wish list? Maybe that would be a bit much though XD although I did say I would gift every one sth of I didn't get mentally or physically tired, I somehow can't imagine not getting tired of doing this for close to 8 billion people lmao. For a vast majority of people, I'll probably gift them sth small like an interesting book, a toy, nice piece of clothing, etc. Sth that may make them smile but doesn't change things significantly. You never know what results your actions might have.

Depends on the environment of the person to an extent. In poor environments where additionally the security is bad, it'll probably be max 10-20 dollars unless it's sth I know won't be seen by people who might want to steal it or sth. In good environments, up to 50 dollars average and in some cases where I really wanna gift something special or help someone in a desperate situation, it might be priceless like body strengthening pills seen in cultivation XD.

Nooo lololol. Humans .... well. Even if their material situation changes and though it varies a lot from person to person, ultimately their happiness levels will adjust to their current circumstances and everyone will have problems being content with their life. Well, or more like the vast majority will. You can of course learn to do sth about yourself but no single gift can significantly help in that area. So might as well just gift something small and pleasant.

Hm... body strengthening pill? Disguised as a normal sweet so they won't think of selling it xD. Sure I could give them lots of money but I think a somewhat more healthy body is a better asset to have. It won't help them quit being homeless but they'll have less trouble surviving and it may be easier for them to figure out a way like this.

Probably :blob_grin: giving is nice~ :blobmelt: kinda sucks though that I can't tell people about it xD and it might tire me out mentally to make all those decisions about the gifts... but let's just assume Santa has infinite stamina and mana xD

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    imK and lychee like this.
  18. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    All children alive since I am Santa, coals included amongst the gifts :blobowoevil:

If I don't get letters of they want, then teddy bears or something like that :hmm:

Santa is a magical being that rewards good children, meaning teaching children to be good by giving them what they want or gifts, not to teach them about how the world works (that stuff isn't santa's role) :blobamused:
    What person will tell Santa that? an elf? a reindeer? we are talking about a real santa here or what? why should santa gifting good children be ruined by world's economy issues, what sort of santa do you have mind? :blobconfused:
    If the person is a child then check if they got anything they want from santa otherwise, a teddy bear or something

Living in toy factory with mythical creatures, not to mention got great magical powers along with other great abilities, not to mention the cookies and milk, yeah I should enjoy such work :hmm:

mangoberry and Loni4ever like this.
  19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    1 100%
    2 Coal!
    3 50 euros
    4 No.
    5 Coal! Winter is cold!
    6 Yes.

Loni4ever likes this.