LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glowing gold? Was that a healing thing or does she have Nine Eyes?

Pfft. You must be reading a different novel, ‘cause neither of those things has really been answered. The most we learned is that the Sacred Empress hit level 8 before anyone else and has the divine vestige, which is one of those vague things the author may never explain. Oh, and her name (which may or may not be real).

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had stacked for the battle arc.

Rip Ian.
    Being out of commission for 5 earth weeks...I wonder if he'll try visiting his family again after nearly dying.

I wonder if he'll become the executor of Gula soon. His dead star is shining once again and Gula had been waiting for that omen. On that note, you'd think the gods would have intervened in his recovery seeing as how he single-handedly turned the tides of a war despite not being an executor. Surely his contributions were enough...though I guess maybe Gula will reward him in a different way.

3. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Gods cannot directly help a person without him asking for that.

4. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they can, actually, but it would mean the other side got the same kind of assistance, or something? It's all about causality. They can help as long as a price is paid for their assistance, and balance is thus maintained.

At least, that was the impression I got.

Probably means the Parasite Queen can't/won't just come down off her throne and smite him?

5. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    He should ask for that. Cannot help a person that is half-dead and in coma. Like in prologue he wasn't dead yet so he was able to ask for returning the memory. Gula made his wish partially true due to Teresa asking her to do that.

I think this talk about throne and gods intervention is more akin some power balancing.

6. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, here we go. Found the relevant chapter. 103.
    ... and yeah, either way he's racked up "achievements". I mean, TREMENDOUS achievements. He killed the first army commander, ffs. I'm sure Gula - or any other god there - would be more than willing to heal him in exchange? Probably? I mean, it seems like he'd have enough credit to pay the price.

7. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    HE SHOULD ASK for that for example in the temple. Hard to do that if you are in coma.

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they can't just take someone's achievement points and use them, even for that person. He has to tell them what he wants to do. This is really never addressed directly, but I think it is safe to assume that if they take points forcefully without a person wishing for it, that will mess up the causality quite a bit

9. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Gula came to him on that battlefield. I don't see why she couldn't come to him now. And, even if she couldn't, he's recovering INSIDE A TEMPLE. Luxuria should be able to do something. ... and even if he's been out of it, he's also been awake in a weird way. He was fully capable of asking, if someone was capable of listening. I'm sure the gods would have been.

Maybe they've been hands-off because they know he'll recover a different way. :blobunsure:

It sounds like the decision to give him Elixeer [sic] was made early on - almost immediately after he was brought into the temple. Maybe the gods would have intervened if they hadn't come up with a solution before he died, but since they did, and it was even a really good one - they said the Elixeer would go beyond just healing him - the gods just let it be? Even if recovery took months.

10. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he did recover without their help. But he was unconscious for a long time. I don't think even if the gods come over they would be able to communicate. And that half-awake state was also weird. I actually think it was his ability that was showing him stuff and not him being actually awake. Like, if his eyes were open and moving, I think someone would've noticed, no?

Westeller likes this.
  11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh. this way the achievements aren't wasted on a recovery and can be put towards something else. it's not like putting him out of action for weeks caused any harm in the big scale.

Westeller likes this.
  12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, his eyes were definitely not how he was seeing. I mean, there was even that bit where .. Chohong, was it? ... stands over him and asks when he's going to wake up, or something like that, while he's unable to reply.. yeah.. If he was staring around the room, fully conscious, then that would have been a totally different conversation. No one could tell he was "awake".

But the gods could directly read his mind, and possibly more besides. In a way, it would at least have been really interesting to see them fail to communicate with him in that state.

13. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The question here is, did he have conscious thoughts. If he was in the state where he was completely unconscious and was receiving a "transmission" from his ability to his subconscious mind, then the gods probably wouldn't be able to communicate. Maybe he even would've been able to "hear" them, but it is unlikely that they would be able to hear him.
    Also, if he is able to recover just from pills and magic, it would be a waste for him to use contribution points as he still needs to unlock his eyes completely.

Westeller likes this.
  14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also it does mention he tried to mentally communicate with flone but she couldnt hear him. while shes not a god it does sort of show even mentally he couldnt really communicate with anyone

Sea Dog, Westeller and sgrey like this.
  15. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good point, I forgot about that part

16. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So good. So good. Here's to a swift recovery Seol.

17. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how many chapter needed to get jihu recover enough he can walk out of the temple?
    i'm thinking of waiting until the chapter out to read it in one go

18. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he will leave in one or two chapters

19. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks 4 info ^^

20. songweiming01

songweiming01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wondering, now there are only 6 army commanders since Undying Diligence is dead. So, will the Unique ranker which side with parasite he mentioned take his place?