Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    two!

Kysil likes this.
  2. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Meeeeew~

3. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
  4. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    who among you are dedicated writers?
    i am not talking about writing 24/7, but i am talking about people who dont drop out of a writing game all of the sudden
    i am advertising for someone else about a game where you basically write short stories, ranging from 300 to 1400 words

i am not making a whole thread about this, since i know that those people wont play the game properly (because most newbs just leave immediately after joining)
    i am posting this here, since you all seem to be the most popular rp in nuf, being able to stay semi-alive after so many months and all

if you are interested, then please go to https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/word-battle-alpha-swamp-level.95127/
    i will accept any reports, but please check it out and see if it is something for you

Xalysian and Pyoo like this.
  6. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it should be stated I don’t check my mentions, so DM me. Lol I’m stockpiling atm.

7. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This still alive?

8. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Pats dead AG*

Alva Quinn and Blitz like this.
  9. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
  10. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just sad.

The Rise and Fall.

I've seen it. Twice.

Pyoo likes this.
  12. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, it's mostly Alice keeping this thing alive in both cases. xD It's more of a "Does Alice have time in her schedule?" than a rise and fall or anything.

13. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to be fair, second version was made in a way that really needed alice to work at all...

Maybe more self sufficient version would do better?

Kysil likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly a version where the gm stuff is distributed amongst players would be better. OR having multiple gms that keep of changing depending on who has time to cpntinue progress. So say Alice is now busy, say Kysil takes over. Now Kysil is busy, so BB_tensei takes over. Ofc everytime there are like 3-4 active gms.

Alva Quinn and Xalysian like this.
  16. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a good plan, but i doubt that the gms will see this
    dont get me wrong. i do like the idea, but the execution and the maintenance is painful
    also... isnt this rp a story-based one? how would you want to maintain a whole database of this world?
    even if you have a shared user account, a blog post, a whole website... it would still take a... large amount of willpower to maintain

Ddraig likes this.
  17. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am bored. I watched some YT vids and wonder whether you guys have any stories for me to tell. I'll take anything.

Barbarian converted into cultist after somehow reviving a witch? Sure. Why not.
    Paladin-Squire actually being a psychopath serial killer? Sounds interesting.
    A whole mage association from another dimension-whatchamacallit? Tell me more about it!

Give me something. I am starving of boredom.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I will make a new thread.

18. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    You could do well with something between first and second.

What breaks the game is lack of content every time.

A bit more rigid power levels would ensure new people would meet challenges in low level quests and journey to be able to slay a dragon would be not about choosing OP starting point, but actually working on your character.

Biggest problem of the first one was complete lack of interesting stuff on appropriate lvl. You usually had one begginer set of quests in few areas close to guild and further you went, less content you found. 3-4 quests and you were either repeating what you already did or went for sub-optimal stuff, which after great rewards early on felt like punch in a gut.

Adding interesting monsters and quests all around the world in distinct areas would help this much. Limiting maximum number of quests or just adding more locations to submit them would do so too.

Dont have much threat around the spawn, plenty of F rank with few E ranked creatures, collecting quests at F rank only, but in great quality. This would be where friendly cities and villages would be most prevalent.

Then, E ranked mountains to gather loot to make better equipment. Again, with rich ecosystem consisting of many monsters and distinct locations that would be different from the rest. Abandoned mines, forgotten valleys, secret huts.

Beyond mountains, few D ranked biomes with distinct human/humanoid empires to explore, each with it's own ecosystem and biome. All different but somehow similar unless divided by mountains or great lakes.

Beyond that, harshest this world has to offer, again, separated from previous by grand mountains or other impassable terrain, with few passable points heavily fortified. C rank regions with occasional B ranked creatures roaming in the wild. Make it interesting to just walk around here. Plains of ashes, desserts of glass, jagged mountaintops and more. No need for great bio diversity in each of these regions, for this is where legends live and slaying one should be great achievement.

As for A rank? Events and specific locations in previous region. This is what dragons, krakens and such should be. Here be monsters and one adventurer should never be able to slay one.

Also, we could do without quests in most areas. What if you could offer your bounty in prayer to Alice, goddess of adventure in exchange for benefits? She would be one to pray to gain XP, gold and advance in rank.

Add whole pantheon, each god loving different things and giving different rewards. Never to be a shortcut, but always to carry you further.

You could become great adventurer without ever submitting quest for actual guild. Just from travelling the world. It would also solve the quest limit issue as you could gain reward for each slew foe on spot.

To be able to just have an adventure, to go where currents take you and do things you enjoy would be great.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  19. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *checking if the threat*
    Hmm... I will say the god system should start around E - D rank, when you need to travel further away. For otherwise, we don't need to register into the guild to do any of the smaller (basic) tasks?

Well, it's has been a long time ago I last played the new AG, but it kinda irked me to take a low-level quest to travel far away, only to go back for confirmation. The reason? Because there isn't any branch guild anywhere else, not even in the big cities!:blobfearful:

I guess the new AG wasn't for me with the time limit and I don't want to use as much time on NuF like I did before.:blobsweat_2:

Anyway, I'm just checking out how it is now, seems like most of the GMs is gone?

Zone Q11 likes this.
  20. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    We could start introducing pantheon from very early on. Actually, it would be great way to make sure all characters are cca in line upon registration.

To join the guild, you need to pray to the goddess of adventure. For first prayer, you would need to sacrifice an art you have learned during your life and riches you have obtained. For this price, Alice would send you to far away shard of reality, still wild and full of opportunities for adventure. Incidentally, for all members, it would be our little branch. Art you sacrificed you could learn back, but you would need to offer something in return. From all riches you sacrificed, a single gold coin would stay with you.

The economy would be balanced so that one gold coin would be plenty for beginner adventurer equipment, so even if you arrive with nothing, you would be ready to start your adventure.

Guild tasks would provide more currency or specific materials while prayer to goddess, in turn, would provide more XP, so that each would have its purpose and reason you would want to do so.

XP would not correlate with power, really, it would be more of currency for gods. You could trade it for benefits, buffs or rank up.

Yeah... Unfortunately.

Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.