For those who celebrate Christmas…

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VeraH, Dec 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. VeraH

VeraH eternally lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious cuz I don't celebrate:
    What's the worst gift you've gotten over Christmas?

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting a game for a console I didn't have kinda sucked, as well as that time I got a random book from the middle of a series.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You dare exclude us celebrating Kwanzaa!?!? I am appalled. :blobpensive:

4. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not me, but at least thrice I gifted my baby sister coal as a joke

imK, Toralk and VeraH like this.
  5. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    none,

6. kcao1199

kcao1199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gotten nothing. I've also gotten a mug they got for free.

7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Coal's pretty cool though.

8. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clothes... nah I got some sweet clothes recently. Including a Mickey hoodie. So soft.

9. VeraH

VeraH eternally lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    At least she can use it in the fireplace, if you have one

10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    This Christmas, it's a hat, scarf and gloves combo present. They're cute and the scarf is super, super soft, but I already have a scarf and hat that my sister painstakingly knitted for me as presents in the past. I won't get much use out of these ones. (I would have loved some socks or pyjamas, though.)

The worst gift I've ever received was a kid's Halloween cape.
    My sister had asked for a beautiful real velvet and silk medieval cloak as a present at an earlier date, and I was in love with it. I put down on my list that I wanted one, and my parents should have known what I meant...
    But our parents would help out our more distant family members by suggesting items they could get us from our lists too. My mother apparently outsourced the cloak to my aunt, who absolutely couldn't afford that kind of expensive item, who I absolutely would never expect to get me something so pricey, and who clearly hadn't been given the full story.
    So I got a cheap black costume cape that I'd never wanted in my life. Sadly, I couldn't ask for the real thing after that because my mum would always tell me, "But you have the cloak your aunt got you! You should wear it."

Omnicast likes this.
  11. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    A game case. It had the wrap and everything but it didn't have the game. I wonder how they did it to this day.

mangoberry, Omnicast, Toralk and 2 others like this.
  12. VeraH

VeraH eternally lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    When your parents know everything that you have in your closet…
    Or when you have gifts from relatives that your parents won't let you throw away :blobrofl:

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooof. That’s quite painful. Then again I’m betting that cloak would be quite expensive.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  14. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The nintendo ds that was told to be mine and my sister to share only to be taken away feom me and was told that the ds was actually for my sister and it was only temporarily given to me for pictures and esthetic purposes. Needless to say that was the worst Christmas gift but not Christmas gift ever. I technically not given any gift that year. Wat piss me off more is that my parents brought one for my cousin. But really i rather not have a gift that year if i knew it was going to be taken from me

imK and Yggdrasil108 like this.
  15. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like they tried shoplifting it and didn't realize that the display case doesn't have the game in it.

mir, Yggdrasil108 and VeraH like this.
  16. VeraH

VeraH eternally lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm: You could share…?

Meloman likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an adult now and she sometimes still asks me why I don't wear it.

It was about £60, which would have been half of my entire Christmas from my parents. I would much rather have had little to no toys to get that cloak, though.

I also thought it was a bit unfair of my mum, since she set my aunt up to get me a disappointing present from the start... There were plenty of other dirt cheap options.

imK likes this.
  18. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember ever having “believed” in Santa, but I guess it was a little sad/weird/disappointing to find out that the present that Santa “brought” fell out by itself from a wardrobe just 20min before the Santa’s visit.

I think I was either five or six and me and my younger brother were told to watch tv and wait for Santa’s arrival while my mum was doing something in the kitchen or elsewhere.
    So he and I actually sat there behaving and watching cartoons when suddenly a plushie teddy fell out of the wardrobe in the room (it was a rather large bear). So I got up and decided to put it back in (now I really can’t remember why I didn’t decide to appropriate it right there, but it was in fact for my brother), and of course I saw another present hanging in the wardrobe which was meant for me, a really nice pink dress, the type little girls like when they pretend to be princesses. And don’t look down on the bear, my brother was like 3-4 yo then and he actually kept that bear for many years, where as I outgrew my pretty dress by next year.

so when twenty minutes later Santa came and gave the two presents to me and my brother I knew very clearly that any form of “belief in Santa” was useless... (*crying* lol)

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An expensive pics of clothing, that didn't fit for the gift exchange. It also wasn't my style. The next day the person who gifted me asked for the present back because I obviously didn't like it and they could give it to someone who really liked it. That person was themselves. They had bought something for themselves knowing that I wouldn't be able to wear it, and would get it back. I thought of being petty and keeping it but not that person. Gave it back and they used it a lot. Also a paper with an IOU for the gift exchange. Some stuff I was allergic to, have been since a child from family. Yeah I hate Christmas. I also ask people not to get me presents and then people get mad when I ask for no presents.

mangoberry, imK, Omnicast and 3 others like this.
  20. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    mine have been meeting someone with the prospect of marriage in the near future, yah i iust want to eat outside without me paying thank you very much