Discussion What novels are you glad you gave a second chance?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan217, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens! Oh god the first few volumes made me drop this in the backburner when i feel like the MC will not change for the better... Thank the stars (or my midget friend) for actually pushing me to stay ~

And wow it actually didn't disappoint

Gitami likes this.
  2. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The only case I can think of is the second book in the Malazan series, mostly because it largely followed a different cast of characters than the first book so wasn't too motivated to read it at the time, was a whole different thing when I gave it another chance later when I also had books 3-5 ready and waiting.

Aside for that I almost never really see a reason to give stories a second chance if I have fully dropped them, even in cases where I put a story on hold and plan on returning at a later point more often then not I find myself having lost any interest when I do go back to it.

Arcturus likes this.
  3. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    The Abandoned Empress. I heard a spoiler about it first that disappointed me because I shipped the MC with someone else, but I kept reading and realized just how well-developed her actual romantic partner was as well as how well developed their relationship was. I don't regret it and I'm excited for the future releases of the manhwa.

4. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blue phoenix
    Reverend insanity
    Record of mortal journey to immortality

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The Monk Renounced Asceticism

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on NU? so far none
    there many stories I read far ahead via mtl sure maybe miss on detail but I bored with it on general direction

even it got many praise from nuf cat I still not change my mind

7. RAGA

RAGA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eight Treasures Trousseau
    By the time I got to this story, I was being burned out on novels with a transmigrated, black-bellied, ridiculously OP MCs. I read the summary and it sounded just like those novels, so I decided to give it a pass. Then I later read 2 of the reviews that convinced me to give it a try because they said the stories took a unique (to me) spin on the usual tropes and had the revenge plot revolve more around the ML and that the ML and MC didn't immediately fall in love (they just were cooperative with each other, at first). I'm glad I gave it another chance.

Funnily enough, the Harry Potter series also fits with this question for me. I first read the 2nd book (yes, I read it out of order) when I was really, really little and remember reading partway through before deciding to check out the illustrations in the novel. The chapter illustrations freaked me out enough to make me drop the novel after a couple of chapters in (I was NOT a fan of horror and I wasn't sure if the book was a horror one--the pictures made it seem like it could be). I believe I stopped just before he went back to school. It wasn't until I received a copy of the 1st book much later on that I decided to try reading the series again and became a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.