Discussion What's your favorite trope?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Zaroz, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a big fan of tropes to begin with so the things I really look for in stories are in a different category. When I go back to reread passages from books I like, I always gravitate towards the conversations between the characters; how they play off of one another, how their dialogue portrays their personalities, and how varied the levels of interactions can be. Good conversations are really what make books so entertaining and stories that don't have them have a hard limit on how good they can be.

mir likes this.
  2. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oldie but Goldie. Childhood friends who viewed eachother as friends but one of them all of a sudden thinks "Oh no there hot". Cue shennanigans

tak likes this.
  3. SilverCyanide

SilverCyanide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Foe Yay is always good, as long as neither of them are like, completely evil/disgusting.

4. RAGA

RAGA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation, transmigration, time travel, something isekai-type or anything of that nature. Basically, anything that is sure to strongly utilize the fish-out-of-water trope, which is usually most prominent in those types of stories. Mostly, I just like reading moments when cultures clash or when someone utilizes knowledge that would've been otherwise unknown if not for the reincarnation/transmigration/time travel. It's just very entertaining to read/watch and I'm not quite sure as to why that is. There's very little that will make me turn away from one of these stories, not even if the plot, characters, or setting is a mess. I'd just skim through those parts to get to the parts I want to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.